Widgets Magazine

Default Goldsby Rumors and News

A place to discuss this growing little town along I-35 between Norman and Purcell.

Default Re: Goldsby Rumors and News

Adkins Crossing is land being developed along the West frontage of I-35 just south of the David Jay Perry Airport. It appears the new roads and utilities are close to being completed.

That is great! Hope to see more come from this. Bunch of towns like Goldsby will be rapidly changing in the coming years.

According to https://www.ok.gov/odot/I-35_Corridor_Projects.html the project at SH-74 and I-35 at Goldsby will include a roundabout. Does anyone have information on exactly where and what this is supposed to look like?

7. Default Re: Goldsby Rumors and News

I went digging on the ODOT website. The roundabout will be at the point where the ramps to and from NB I-35 intersect with SH-74/Adkins Hill Rd. The north frontage road will be tied into the roundabout too.

This will be the sign you see when you reach the roundabout after exiting from NB I-35.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5114 View Post
    I went digging on the ODOT website.
    Thanks for the info. Care to tell me how to go about finding this type of info on the ODOT website?

9. Default Re: Goldsby Rumors and News

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    Thanks for the info. Care to tell me how to go about finding this type of info on the ODOT website?
    It's not the most straightforward thing in the world, unfortunately. Basically you have to dig around in the files that they upload for contractors to bid on. Go to https://www.odot.org/contracts/index.htm and select a month. Under "Bid Opening Reports" at the bottom, select the "Award" link, which goes to a list of that month's projects up for bid and who they were awarded to. Find the project you're interested in and make note of the project number [in this case it's NHPPI-0035(297)SS]. Then under "Bid Documents" select "Preliminary Plans". Find the project number and then download "000 FULL FILE.pdf", which will be the full plans for the project. Keep in mind that these are the exact blueprints the ODOT is providing the contractor for them to build the project, so there will be lots of technical details to look at.

I don't know of any way to search for a specific project that has already been awarded, other than just looking at the list of projects for every month until you find the one you want. In this case it was the September 2019 letting.

Very helpful, thanks!

Thread Information