Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If OKC talk 'infected'

Default Re: If OKC talk 'infected'

The hosting company is experiencing issues which is why the site is so slow.

I'll look into the editing problems.

If I try to "view post" of someone on my ignore list, it pops up a new window with that one at the top and then shows all of them instead of just showing the one post (example is the last page of the "national political landscape" thread with Eric's posts, used to just show the one post I clicked "view post" on, now it pops up a new window with all of his posts shown), is this the way it is now? If so, that kinda sucks, hate new windows popping up, be they content or ads.

3. Default Re: If OKC talk 'infected'

Mine seems pretty limited to popups for "you need to clean your Mac" "Hulu" and random cell phone type app games whenever I hit "Latest Posts." As of 11/14/2019 at 3am.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Mine seems pretty limited to popups for "you need to clean your Mac" "Hulu" and random cell phone type app games whenever I hit "Latest Posts." As of 11/14/2019 at 3am.
    I’m always on my iPad and I haven’t experienced anything like that... Just trying to lend input to figuring it out.

My PC running Firefox cleared up yesterday when I deleted one day of history.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    My PC running Firefox cleared up yesterday when I deleted one day of history.
    Mine also fixed itself after clearing the cache.

I've cleared everything for mine, and that's when I could finally view an ignored post (all of them on that page, actually, in the pop-up). One day later and it's broken again. Something's (or things) are still broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Mine also fixed itself after clearing the cache.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I've cleared everything for mine, and that's when I could finally view an ignored post (all of them on that page, actually, in the pop-up). One day later and it's broken again. Something's (or things) are still broken.
    Just tried to view an ignored post using IE on the same box I generally use Firefox on for OKCTalk, haven't ever logged on to OKCTalk from IE, I believe, and got that same behavior - pop-up window for the page the ignored post is on, but doesn't show the ignored post. And if I click on the ignored post in that window, it just pops up another window with the post still hidden. Also tried on Chrome on my work laptop, same thing, so it doesn't seem like a cookies/cache/history/browser issue, it's almost gotta be a server issue.

Can anybody else view ignored posts or it is just me that is having this problem?

I'm getting redirects to malicious sites again.

Yeah, I'm aware and working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I'm getting redirects to malicious sites again.
    Me too - using Safari on an iPad. It’s hijacking all of my browser tabs, redirecting to other sites. Damn!

Should be fixed now; please clear your browser data and reopen your browser and that should stop the redirects - it did for me.

I’m still getting hammered on redirects when clicking links on the site. Pete, I don’t know about website hosting or defenses against attacks, but you need to do something other than telling your users to keep clearing their cache.

15. Default Re: If OKC talk 'infected'

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    I’m still getting hammered on redirects when clicking links on the site. Pete, I don’t know about website hosting or defenses against attacks, but you need to do something other than telling your users to keep clearing their cache.
    Mine cleared up finally. But only a bit later and only after clearing my cache. The problem is, once the damage is done and has been addressed by the website host, it does become the end user's responsibility (not sure that's the right word) to take the final step to hopefully alleviate the problem.

Sites are going to get hacked, especially one's that are on people's radars. That's just the reality. I'd imagine much is done to keep the insures to an absolute minimum.

I’m not getting any pop ups but I am noticing the website is loading very slow. I did clear my cache.

I have not had any of the problems others describe...but the site loads painfully SLOW!

18. Default Re: If OKC talk 'infected'

I no longer get pop ups/redirects and the pages load fast for me - however, I no longer get any additional options when posting (ex: Link embedding, image uploads, etc.). Anyone else experiencing this?

19. Default Re: If OKC talk 'infected'

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I no longer get pop ups/redirects and the pages load fast for me - however, I no longer get any additional options when posting (ex: Link embedding, image uploads, etc.). Anyone else experiencing this?
    Same... and all of the formatting is still being stripped from my replies. Making them one big paragraph.

20. Default Re: If OKC talk 'infected'

Redirects are still there. Our church had this happen recently where it was an inconsistent behavior. We found a php script being referenced in the ht.access file. The script would apply redirects based on different situations. For example here, sometimes it's when you click a link (say the forum tab) and other times that's fine. Or you click to reply and it redirects, and the next time its file.

The slowness is still there some too. Again, not consistent. But it could be related to the scripting. If it's hosted by GoDaddy, they seem to be having issues keeping this stuff secure right now. You can pay them $200 for their b.s. services, or you can fix the problem and set the login for 2-factor, which basically takes care of anyone being able to get in to your account. They'd have to have access to your phone/email (whichever you choose) as well.

Adding some context to the conversation..I use the Chrome browser and have not had the redirect problem...but...for a while the site was very slow to load. All seems ok now.

I have noticed when scrolling in the recent activity section and get to bottom - used to be I can select the “more activity” button at bottom/left and it loaded more. Now when I select the button it just moves me back to top of page but doesn’t load any more.

only problem i am still seeing is if i try and view a post from a user on my ignore list, it tries to open a new window instead

Angry Re: If OKC talk 'infected'

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    only problem i am still seeing is if i try and view a post from a user on my ignore list, it tries to open a new window instead
    Yep, that's annoying as hell, and emojis are inaccessible unless you know the keyboard shortcut, and there's no formatting options (bold, italics, etc.).

Pete, are these ever going to be fixed? If not, why not? This is some serious functionality lost, and no, it's not affecting the basic functions, but all this was there before and now it's not, so things really should be put back the way they were.

So I wasn't having any problems before today. I am currently on a work laptop viewing OKCTalk and I am getting the redirects as new tabs randomly. Sometimes from clicking on the Quick Reply box, other times when I click on the Latest Posts tab, but it is not consistent.

Thread Information