Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuway Cleaners Property

Classen Nuway Cleaners Property

Price $4,150,000
    Total Sq. Ft. 77,109

Originally constructed in 1919 for the Nuway Laundry Company, the next century of this property would see expansions and additions for a variety of Nuway businesses including a cold storage plant, frosted food company, distribution company and an auto sales and leasing venture. In 2005, Love Link purchased the building to expand the non-profit’s compassionate ministries which included a thrift store and food pantry.

During their ownership, Love Link worked with the EPA and DEQ to remediate residual environmental issues from previous uses and kept the building in good working order.

Architecturally, this property features a streamlined art moderne facade with a mid-century drive thru, a series of storefronts on the north, and warehouse entrances facing south and west. The recognizable Nuway sign is still intact on the building.

The property consists of three units: 1110 Linwood Blvd (building drive thru), 1122 Linwood Blvd (Main Building) and 1200 Linwood Blvd, (a .65 acre parcel of land to the west of the building.)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nuway Cleaners Property

Really nice, thanks for sharking.

Blog Entries

surprised it hasn't been snapped up by the cbd/thc industry

I worked here the summer after my Senior year in high school, when it was still a full function professional cleaners. I was a "helper" of the owners son, who was the in house electrician. I got shocked SO MANY times that summer, and did several stints on the line loading and unloading the giant washers. You do NOT want to see what hospital laundry looks like... or restaurant laundry for that matter... oof the smells !!

Building has a lot of character, I will be interested how this gets reused.

Nuway Laundry building sold; conversion to office and retail planned

In August, Shyon Keoppel and Millennial Capital closed on the purchase of the historic former Nuway Laundry property on Linwood near Western and Classen.

Originally constructed in 1919, the property saw many expansions and additions culminating in over 77,000 square feet.

It was purchased by Love Link in 2005 to expand the nonprofit's ministries as they added a food pantry and thrift store.

The building features a streamlined art moderne facade and a mid-century drive-thru was added later.

The property was listed for $4.15 million in 2019.

Millennial plans to do a substantial renovation resulting in office and retail space.

HangryHippo Guest

Very excited for this property to return to life, but that design is woof.

I'm not too keen on the design either, but I'll take that over the eye sore that it is now. Just part of what needs to be done the Western/Classen corridor in downtown.

Isn't is relisted for $2.5M, the west parcel excluded, shortly after?

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1122...y-OK/24062536/

Blog Entries

13. Default Re: Nuway Cleaners Property

From 77 to around 90 I worked on 6th a few blocks west. I always thought that was a great corner. Of course at that time the cleaners was going gangbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What exactly have then just done? They're gonna leave it just like that, or they're gonna install something else to that surface? If that is it, I'd prefer to old look then.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    What exactly have then just done? They're gonna leave it just like that, or they're gonna install something else to that surface? If that is it, I'd prefer to old look then.
    I think in this era, where we keep it real and buy organic…it is no longer acceptable to call it a “White elephant”. The obvious answer is to paint it more of a natural elephant color.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Surely they're going to do more than that.

Trying to keep an open mind here.

This entire property has been leased to a bitcoin mining operation.

So basically racks of computers and a handful of employees.

IMO, that's a huge waste of space. I'm no fan of the building, but I'm sure it could be used for something far better than bitcoin mining

What a waste of space and energy. The city find an excuse to force them off the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    What a waste of space and energy. The city find an excuse to force them off the grid.
    Why the negativity? This building has been vacant for over a decade and just found a way to employ people and generate a few million a year in hosting fees.

International companies like Compass mining are coming to oklahoma to take advantage of our cheap electricity, land and labor, we should welcome diversity in our economy!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie1234 View Post
    Why the negativity? This building has been vacant for over a decade and just found a way to employ people and generate a few million a year in hosting fees.

International companies like Compass mining are coming to oklahoma to take advantage of our cheap electricity, land and labor, we should welcome diversity in our economy!
    Crypto mining is a net negative to society as a whole. It's only purpose is to light real money on fire to generate fake money that people largely just use for different types of fraud.

It'd be like welcoming in a known money laundering operation because they handle lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    You might be shocked to know how much crypto mining is already happening in OKC city limits, and then there's the rest of the state. Now will it last? That's another question.

There is a huge data mining operation at the old Seagate facility at 7725 W. Reno.

25. Default Re: Nuway Cleaners Property

Quote Originally Posted by AnguisHerba View Post
    You might be shocked to know how much crypto mining is already happening in OKC city limits, and then there's the rest of the state. Now will it last? That's another question.
    No doubt true. But I don't get it. I've heard on radio or read on reputable sources why crypto currency has value but I don't get it. It still seems to me that it only has value because the creators and users say it has value. If a major financial crisis happens I would bet everything that crypto will go down the drain.

Thread Information