Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nuway Cleaners Property

Default Re: Nuway Cleaners Property

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Crypto mining is a net negative to society as a whole. It's only purpose is to light real money on fire to generate fake money that people largely just use for different types of fraud.

It'd be like welcoming in a known money laundering operation because they handle lots of money.
    LOL. This won't age well.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie1234 View Post
    LOL. This won't age well.
    It will age like fine wine. Crypto is a scam.

3. Default Re: Nuway Cleaners Property

Could not possibly agree more!

exactly. now, something good has come out of the Cypto hype.... Blockchain has many uses other than just with crypto, and we are going to start seeing it working as a backend way to store critical information.

Blog Entries

As it applies to this facility, crypto mining can easily be changed to data mining, which has all sorts of positive uses.

6. Default Re: Nuway Cleaners Property

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    It still seems to me that it only has value because the creators and users say it has value.
    I'm no fan of crypto (I've messed around with it enough to know firsthand that it sucks), but I can't help but point out that your statement is true of the US dollar as well.

7. Default Re: Nuway Cleaners Property

As a finance person, both the dollar and crypto have value because the markets say they have value.

Bit coin, at leat, has those pretty little coins behind it. The dollar has value because it has the "full faith and credit of the US Treasury" backing it. Even when there was a gold standard, gold is nothing more than a rock that mankind values because it's pretty and shiny. No matter how far you dig, currency value is what people perceive it to be.

While a significant part of the US population loves to sh*t on the US (sometimes for legitimate reason), the rest of the world sees the US much more favorably, propping up the dollar's value. Most Crypto has nothing more than air backing but at least the Dollar has an economy behind it. I'll take that over a few shiny coins, oysters or tulips any day. God help us if the Fed government prints so much cash, the world loses faith in it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5114 View Post
    I'm no fan of crypto (I've messed around with it enough to know firsthand that it sucks), but I can't help but point out that your statement is true of the US dollar as well.
    The US dollar has the full faith and credit of the US government behind it. You are totally clueless if you think the value is the same as crypto. I’m sure there are still dinosaurs who somehow believe that the only money that is valuable is a note backed by gold. Lol.

9. Default Re: Nuway Cleaners Property

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    The US dollar has the full faith and credit of the US government behind it. You are totally clueless if you think the value is the same as crypto. I’m sure there are still dinosaurs who somehow believe that the only money that is valuable is a note backed by gold. Lol.
    The comment I was responding to said "it only has value because the creators and users say it has value".

The US government = the creator of the US dollar (since Bretton Woods at least)
    The full faith and credit of the US government behind it = the creators say it has value
    Americans accepting their pay in US dollars = the users say it has value

Doesn't necessarily mean that Bitcoin is an equally good currency to the dollar (it's not, it's entirely useless for anything practical because of the wild swings in its market value) but the underlying principle of "this array index/this piece of cotton paper is worth something because someone else declared it to be so" is true for both.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5114 View Post
    The comment I was responding to said "it only has value because the creators and users say it has value".

The US government = the creator of the US dollar (since Bretton Woods at least)
    The full faith and credit of the US government behind it = the creators say it has value
    Americans accepting their pay in US dollars = the users say it has value

Doesn't necessarily mean that Bitcoin is an equally good currency to the dollar (it's not, it's entirely useless for anything practical because of the wild swings in its market value) but the underlying principle of "this array index/this piece of cotton paper is worth something because someone else declared it to be so" is true for both.
    Crypto has no underlying value and issuers don’t claim it does. By your definition anything can be used as currency. That is theoretically true but an abomination of the definition. It is made up just like crypto itself.

Crypto reminds me of the barter systems that made a run in the 70s. Nothing but a scheme that sounded high minded bu.t was just a scam benefiting the issuers of the credits. People love to believe you can make something from nothing.

11. Default Re: Nuway Cleaners Property

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Crypto has no underlying value and issuers don’t claim it does. By your definition anything can be used as currency. That is theoretically true but an abomination of the definition. It is made up just like crypto itself.

Crypto reminds me of the barter systems that made a run in the 70s. Nothing but a scheme that sounded high minded bu.t was just a scam benefiting the issuers of the credits. People love to believe you can make something from nothing.
    Exactly! Let's just say, and I wouldn't want to begin to think what might cause it, that the US found itself in a real, serious financial crisis. Crypto would fold like a cheap suit. The dollar would suffer but wouldn't just disappear.

12. Default Re: Nuway Cleaners Property

Crypto = tulips

13. Default Re: Nuway Cleaners Property

topic creep?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    topic creep?
    It's probably relevant, considering both the proposed use of the building and this new two post December 2022 creation date Okie1234 account that showed up out of nowhere to defend the plan and hasn't posted since. There's a non-zero chance it's someone associated with the mining project.

This property is back up for sale for $2.6MM. It sold back in 2021 for $4.15MM.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1104...y-OK/29554523/

If you look at the link, you will notice the pics are from before they started all the work. It is 21% leased. The Diversion Hub was announced next door in July of this year and this went on the market about two months later. I am curious if they have to do with one another...

Thread Information