Widgets Magazine

Thread: Everything BBQ

Default Everything BBQ

What happened to Everything BBQ on Memorial and May? I went by today and saw a sign on the door that says Everything BBQ is officially closed.

Default Re: Everything BBQ

Wouldn't surprise me. I was in there over the summer looking to pick up some rubs, and their shelves were practically empty. Plus, they were more expensive than pretty much everyone and hardly ever had anyone in there. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did, quite frankly. Now that I have a True Value (Norick's) close that stocks a lot of BBQ stuff, I had no reason to drive the extra few miles up to Everything BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. I was in there over the summer looking to pick up some rubs, and their shelves were practically empty. Plus, they were more expensive than pretty much everyone and hardly ever had anyone in there. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did, quite frankly. Now that I have a True Value (Norick's) close that stocks a lot of BBQ stuff, I had no reason to drive the extra few miles up to Everything BBQ.
    I agree, over the summer it was pretty bleak as far as rubs and lump charcoal go. But I went in September and they were stocked with rubs and charcoal so I figured it was just the summer grill season that kept stock so low.

Anytime I went in, I found everyone to be very helpful and knowledgeable on barbecue.

Quote Originally Posted by loveOKC View Post
    I agree, over the summer it was pretty bleak as far as rubs and lump charcoal go. But I went in September and they were stocked with rubs and charcoal so I figured it was just the summer grill season that kept stock so low.

Anytime I went in, I found everyone to be very helpful and knowledgeable on barbecue.
    I did enjoy talking to the guys in there, and they made some good rub recommendations. Not so sure about their grill recommendations, though, but that's pretty subjective.

I did enjoy talking to the guys in there, and they made some good rub recommendations. Not so sure about their grill recommendations, though, but that's pretty subjective.
    They were one of the few places that carried 100% specific wood pellets. A lot of pellets are made with mixing oak and other specific woods. So hickory pellets would actually be hickory and oak mixed to make the pellet. They had one brand that if it identified as a wood variety...the pellet was 100% that variety. If hickory....100% hickory.

Sad to see, the owner seemed like a great guy and I really like his staff. I assume this is a hard business with small margins.

I know there is another store over by the shooting range on I-40. I think it's called Kosmos? Never been but it looks like they have rubs, pellets and such.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    Sad to see, the owner seemed like a great guy and I really like his staff. I assume this is a hard business with small margins.

I know there is another store over by the shooting range on I-40. I think it's called Kosmos? Never been but it looks like they have rubs, pellets and such.
    Yes that is Kosmos, but I went to American Propane they have similar rubs, quality Lump Charcoal and the staff is very helpful. I’ve been there several times and even purchased my patio heater from there. But I never think to go there for rubs and charcoal.

Sounds weird, but the Ace Hardware on Britton also usually has a pretty good assortment of rubs and sauces. I also find some semi-decent stuff at Academy, of all places.

True Value by my house also carries a lot of Kosmos rubs, sauces, and dusts.

Sounds weird, but the Ace Hardware on Britton also usually has a pretty good assortment of rubs and sauces. I also find some semi-decent stuff at Academy, of all places.

True Value by my house also carries a lot of Kosmos rubs, sauces, and dusts.
    I'm pretty close to that Ace and used to always go there until I noticed most of the sauces expired 2-3 years ago, still have them up for sale. But the pellets are fine so I still stop in.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    I'm pretty close to that Ace and used to always go there until I noticed most of the sauces expired 2-3 years ago, still have them up for sale. But the pellets are fine so I still stop in.
    I've mostly bought rubs from them, and they have been good, date-wise. I don't buy a lot of sauce, in general. I've started getting pellets (and most of my rubs) at Norick's True Value at Hefner and May. I noticed Costco had some pellets, but I haven't tried them yet.

11. Default Re: Everything BBQ

I've mostly bought rubs from them, and they have been good, date-wise. I don't buy a lot of sauce, in general. I've started getting pellets (and most of my rubs) at Norick's True Value at Hefner and May. I noticed Costco had some pellets, but I haven't tried them yet.
    Also if you have an Atwoods nearby, Lumberjack Pellets from Wisconsin are very good. Highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Also if you have an Atwoods nearby, Lumberjack Pellets from Wisconsin are very good. Highly recommend them.
    Thanks.. did not know that. Those are the pellets I would get from Everything BBQ. They have a Maple Hickory Cherry Competition blend that is excellent. They also make the 100% specific wood pellets with no oak additives

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Dick's Sporting Goods also carries Lumberjack Pellets. Got a pretty good deal there not too long ago, something like 2 bags for $20, I think.

14. Default Re: Everything BBQ

Dick's Sporting Goods also carries Lumberjack Pellets. Got a pretty good deal there not too long ago, something like 2 bags for $20, I think.
    Nice! Thanks for the tip as well! Lumberjack has been my go to for a few years now!

Thread Information