Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 305
  1. #1

    Default The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    It looks like Ms. Horn has folded to the pressure. This is her statement from campaign:
    "Oklahomans are tired of partisanship and political games that hurt working families. Itís time to take off the labels and do whatís right for a change. I believe in public service not politics."

    It sure sounded good and fooled a lot of folks, but not going to happen to "Okies."

  2. #2

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Horn has an uphill battle because the GOP will take that district seriously, and she potentially has some real competition, depending on who gets through the primary...

    HOWEVER, I don't see this being the thing that makes or breaks her. The people that voted for her are not likely to change their mind over this vote, imo. They'll be cheering it.

  3. #3

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    She and AOC might as well start packing their bags. Cute little run in office, though!

  4. #4

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Horn has an uphill battle because the GOP will take that district seriously, and she potentially has some real competition, depending on who gets through the primary...

    HOWEVER, I don't see this being the thing that makes or breaks her. The people that voted for her are not likely to change their mind over this vote, imo. They'll be cheering it.
    lots of republicans voted for her the last time and she ran against someone that did a terrible job campaigning

  5. #5

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    She and AOC might as well start packing their bags. Cute little run in office, though!
    what does this have to do with AOC? and why are so many people obsessed with her, and have to bring her into ever political discussion????

  6. #6

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    what does this have to do with AOC? and why are so many people obsessed with her, and have to bring her into ever political discussion????
    Both elected in the same year
    Both have done a terrible job as freshmen congresswomen
    Both will be either unseated or gerrymandered out of office in 2020

  7. Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Kendra Horn has cut a deal, accepted her status as a one-termer, and is firmly in the pocket of Nancy Pelosi.

    In the run-up to the 2018 elections, the president, who is also the head of the Republican party and can determine it’s spending, decided that there was no point in having a Republican congress when it was filled with Republicans who would not support his agenda. He supported primary challengers to those Republicans who opposed him, and denied RNC funding to those who did not have a primary challenger.

    Former Oklahoma congressman Steve Russell (OK-5) was not a Trump supporter, and lost his seat to Kendra Horn because he received little national RNC funds. In fact, many prominent national Republican house members lost their seats, including Mia Love (UT-4), a strong conservative and military veteran, but not a Trump supporter. Effectively, he kneecapped Russell and the rest.

    Trump gambled on giving Nancy Pelosi the gavel for two years, expecting that his ability to pack the courts via the Republican Senate and new rules and regulations would be enough to curry favor with the electorate to win him re-election. He gave up on a legislative agenda for these two years, knowing that his coattails in 2020, and the huge amount of money he would raise and spend on congressional races, would give him the House back. It’s a good bet, and will likely pay off “HUGE!”

    Impeachment? Nancy has played into Trump’s hands, as Kendra Horn has demonstrated. Horn knew she would not be re-elected if she came close to supporting anything remotely related to impeachment. She strongly suspected she wouldn’t be re-elected once the RNC money, denied in 2018, arrives back in OK-5.

    So, she cut a deal. After the election she’ll accept a position with some Washington political think-tank which will provide her with a comfy sinecure for the rest of her days, all arranged thanks to Nancy Pelosi, who made her a deal: Do everything I say, vote exactly as I tell you for the next year, and the job is yours. Kendra, and OK-5, is fully in the pocket of the Speaker until the end of this term. Deal with it.

    But, Trump has played the long game, Pelosi the short game. Because Pelosi is cutting deals such as this, Trump will be impeached in the House. It will die in the Senate, and everyone with whom Pelosi dealt will be turfed the following November, including Kendra Horn …and Horn knows it, and has made her exit plans.

    Come January 2021, Trump will own the House without dissent, have a stronger Senate, most of the courts, and have in place new rules and regulations that will allow him to steamroll his legislative agenda. Impeachment will have meant nothing except a House cleaning, including OK-5.

  8. #8

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    what does this have to do with AOC? and why are so many people obsessed with her, and have to bring her into ever political discussion????
    To be fair, she's made herself (or the press made her) into a very visible figure on the left, and one who wields a significant amount of influence in the public sphere. So it's not surprising for her to be brought into the discussion when talking about an election. She will affect voters everywhere (much like Trump can be referenced in regards to just about any campaign as well). But I agree this reference was just thrown out there, and doesn't add anything to the discussion.

  9. #9

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Both elected in the same year
    Both have done a terrible job as freshmen congresswomen
    Both will be either unseated or gerrymandered out of office in 2020
    What has Horn done so far that is "terrible"?

  10. #10

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    She stayed on the fence as long as she could.

    Good strategy on her part to vote with Pelosi and the squad.

    She didnt want to be primaried,.

    She is hoping that republicans stay away from the polls and that they nominate someone who basically refused to run a campaign like in 2018.

    Who knows maybe Bloomberg has agreed to finance her campaign again????

  11. #11

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Both elected in the same year
    Both have done a terrible job as freshmen congresswomen
    Both will be either unseated or gerrymandered out of office in 2020
    you do realize that any new redistricting wouldn't actually occur until 2021 at the earliest, and thus wouldn't affect elections until 2022, right?

  12. #12

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    To be fair, she's made herself (or the press made her) into a very visible figure on the left, and one who wields a significant amount of influence in the public sphere. So it's not surprising for her to be brought into the discussion when talking about an election. She will affect voters everywhere (much like Trump can be referenced in regards to just about any campaign as well). But I agree this reference was just thrown out there, and doesn't add anything to the discussion.
    yes... i can't turn on Fox News without seeing her mentioned... that is the Press that really has made her that visible figure for the left

  13. #13

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    yes... i can't turn on Fox News without seeing her mentioned... that is the Press that really has made her that visible figure for the left
    In fairness, the left and right press both contributed pretty heavily.

  14. #14

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    yes... i can't turn on Fox News without seeing her mentioned... that is the Press that really has made her that visible figure for the left
    Yeah yeah.. .it's all fox news' fault.

    Certainly won't see her all over the place anywhere else. She definitely doesn't have 5.7 million twitter followers. Time Magazine, Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair, Hollywood Reporter... all those right wing mags published by newscorp... right?

    AOC is good for ratings, because she's such a visible and divisive figure. Again, much like Trump. Would you blame MSNBC for Trump's visibility? Fox likes ratings too (and they're very good at it - better than anyone else evidently).

  15. #15

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    yes... i can't turn on Fox News without seeing her mentioned... that is the Press that really has made her that visible figure for the left

    Did you watch the last debate? Bernie had a huge huge special announcement for his rally in Brooklyn the next day. He thought her endorsement was big enough to talk about it on the debate and spike the football on Warren. Sorry its not just fox news and republicans that are obsessed with her

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,698
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by 63red View Post
    Come January 2021, Trump will own the House without dissent, have a stronger Senate, most of the courts, and have in place new rules and regulations that will allow him to steamroll his legislative agenda. Impeachment will have meant nothing except a House cleaning, including OK-5.
    LOL, Dream on, especially if there is a recession. The majority of people are already sick of Trump, whether there is a recession or not.

  17. #17

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Very insightful, you've brought up points I hadn't even thought of. Thanks.

  18. #18

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    i didn't say it was solely Fox News... but immediately after her winning the election, they sure pushed her as the young inexperienced bartender... they did a lot to give her that platform that she now has. not solely, but certainly takes some of the blame.

  19. #19

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Really doesn't matter. Oklahoma is irrelevant in national politics regardless of the congressional delegation. Keep propping up your has been lifelong politicians in Oklahoma who do absolutely nothing to advance the status of the State. Oklahomas 7 electoral votes are insignificant to anything meaningful.

  20. #20

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    I think we've had some pretty good lifelong politicians in the House and Senate. Boren did quite a bit to advance Oklahoma's and America's interests. He was at one time a heavyweight in the international arena. Inhofe and Cole have been great for us in preventing our military bases from closing, and in fact, some of their efforts have resulted in more programs being steered towards Oklahoma bases. I'm not sure what Lankford has done yet, but he's brand new, and until he faces a primary from a different church camp counselor, he probably has nothing to worry about. He'll get his.

    Our CD-5 race is more of a bellwether state than anything else. If Trump stays on his current trajectory, and more and more people become disillusioned with him and the Republican Congress, Horn seems safe. She's outraised everyone else by quite a bit last I heard.

    She's also a hell of a lot smarter and more accomplished than anyone in the Republican field. Some of them aren't even college educated. Yikes.

  21. #21

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i didn't say it was solely Fox News... but immediately after her winning the election, they sure pushed her as the young inexperienced bartender... they did a lot to give her that platform that she now has. not solely, but certainly takes some of the blame.
    The thing is, FOX didn't go after some no-name never heard of young member of congress (of which there are plenty I couldn't name). They went after her because she was being anointed as the new face of the DNC...taking the baton from Pelosi and Co. If the left leaning press hadn't covered her so glowingly, this never would have happened, no one would have ever know her name except to know she is the youngest house member. Tell me one thing about Elise Stefanik. Yeah....you can't...understandably.

  22. #22

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Still curious on all of these terrible things Kendra Horn has done while in office. But it appears this has jumped the shark to a weird AOC thread for some reason.

    If Horn wins or loses 2020, it will have absolutely nothing to do with this vote...

  23. #23

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by 63red View Post
    Kendra Horn has cut a deal, accepted her status as a one-termer, and is firmly in the pocket of Nancy Pelosi.

    In the run-up to the 2018 elections, the president, who is also the head of the Republican party and can determine it’s spending, decided that there was no point in having a Republican congress when it was filled with Republicans who would not support his agenda. He supported primary challengers to those Republicans who opposed him, and denied RNC funding to those who did not have a primary challenger.

    Former Oklahoma congressman Steve Russell (OK-5) was not a Trump supporter, and lost his seat to Kendra Horn because he received little national RNC funds. In fact, many prominent national Republican house members lost their seats, including Mia Love (UT-4), a strong conservative and military veteran, but not a Trump supporter. Effectively, he kneecapped Russell and the rest.

    Trump gambled on giving Nancy Pelosi the gavel for two years, expecting that his ability to pack the courts via the Republican Senate and new rules and regulations would be enough to curry favor with the electorate to win him re-election. He gave up on a legislative agenda for these two years, knowing that his coattails in 2020, and the huge amount of money he would raise and spend on congressional races, would give him the House back. It’s a good bet, and will likely pay off “HUGE!”

    Impeachment? Nancy has played into Trump’s hands, as Kendra Horn has demonstrated. Horn knew she would not be re-elected if she came close to supporting anything remotely related to impeachment. She strongly suspected she wouldn’t be re-elected once the RNC money, denied in 2018, arrives back in OK-5.

    So, she cut a deal. After the election she’ll accept a position with some Washington political think-tank which will provide her with a comfy sinecure for the rest of her days, all arranged thanks to Nancy Pelosi, who made her a deal: Do everything I say, vote exactly as I tell you for the next year, and the job is yours. Kendra, and OK-5, is fully in the pocket of the Speaker until the end of this term. Deal with it.

    But, Trump has played the long game, Pelosi the short game. Because Pelosi is cutting deals such as this, Trump will be impeached in the House. It will die in the Senate, and everyone with whom Pelosi dealt will be turfed the following November, including Kendra Horn …and Horn knows it, and has made her exit plans.

    Come January 2021, Trump will own the House without dissent, have a stronger Senate, most of the courts, and have in place new rules and regulations that will allow him to steamroll his legislative agenda. Impeachment will have meant nothing except a House cleaning, including OK-5.
    This is a funny first post. Russell wasnt kneecapped by the RNC. They just assumed he would win. Russell himself didnt use $500,000 or so that he had in his own campaign funds, he kneecapped himself. And Trump purposely gave Pelosi win the house? Lol, funny stuff.

    And for those who cant read past a headline, she isnt voting to impeach Trump, just voting to open the impeachment process. I thought this is what republicans wanted, to have this in the open rather than with closed hearings?

  24. #24

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Still curious on all of these terrible things Kendra Horn has done while in office. But it appears this has jumped the shark to a weird AOC thread for some reason.

    If Horn wins or loses 2020, it will have absolutely nothing to do with this vote...
    Wrong. She's firmly in bed with Nancy and Schiff now. She'll be calling for a fracking ban before we now it.

    Her days in office are numbered.

    Sad!

  25. #25

    Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Still curious on all of these terrible things Kendra Horn has done while in office. But it appears this has jumped the shark to a weird AOC thread for some reason.

    If Horn wins or loses 2020, it will have absolutely nothing to do with this vote...
    sorry... that was my fault apparently for asking why AOC was even brought up in the thread in the first place...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Big Horn Sheep in Central Oklahoma
    By Bits_Of_Real_Panther in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2017, 02:32 PM
  2. Kendra Scott Jewelers
    By Pete in forum Retail & Services
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2014, 09:34 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 10:51 AM
  4. Horn Seed Closing.
    By lt14life in forum Nostalgia & Memories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 09:48 PM
  5. Horn Seed Company
    By SoonerQueen in forum Businesses & Employers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 12:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO