Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

The map won't be redrawn til after the CD-5 election. And there's a pretty credible movement to make redistricting non-partisan. I'll sign the hell out of that initiative petition.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    What has Horn done so far that is "terrible"?
    What did she do wrong? Well, for one she broke her campaign promises, which isn't really too unusual for a politician. Here is a direct quote from her campaign page:

"Oklahomans are tired of partisanship and political games that hurt working families. It’s time to take off the labels and do what’s right for a change. I believe in public service not politics. Congress needs common sense leaders who are willing to build bridges and find solutions to our most challenging problems. I’ve spent my career doing just that and I’m ready to fight for the entire 5th district.”

Is impeaching the President fighting for the ENTIRE 5th district? Is she really helping working families by impeaching the President when wages and unemployment figures are at their best? How can she build bridges and find solutions to our most challenging problems when all the democrats can think about is impeaching the President? I will be a little critical and just come out and say that she lied. The only thing she said that is halfway truthful is that we're sure as h*** tired of partisanship and political games.

Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    What did she do wrong? Well, for one she broke her campaign promises, which isn't really too unusual for a politician. Here is a direct quote from her campaign page:

"Oklahomans are tired of partisanship and political games that hurt working families. It’s time to take off the labels and do what’s right for a change. I believe in public service not politics. Congress needs common sense leaders who are willing to build bridges and find solutions to our most challenging problems. I’ve spent my career doing just that and I’m ready to fight for the entire 5th district.”

Is impeaching the President fighting for the ENTIRE 5th district? Is she really helping working families by impeaching the President when wages and unemployment figures are at their best? How can she build bridges and find solutions to our most challenging problems when all the democrats can think about is impeaching the President? I will be a little critical and just come out and say that she lied. The only thing she said that is halfway truthful is that we're sure as h*** tired of partisanship and political games.
    Homer

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    The map won't be redrawn til after the CD-5 election. And there's a pretty credible movement to make redistricting non-partisan. I'll sign the hell out of that initiative petition.
    That will also fail.

You guys are in a bubble. 2018 is an aberration not a trend. Oklahoma is still a deeply red state with OK-5 trending purple in a perfect setup year for Dems.

I meant to start a thread about the petition. I'm not sold on the selection process, but I like the structure of the committee and I can see how it would be self correcting. At the least it's a very intriguing idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    That will also fail.

You guys are in a bubble. 2018 is an aberration not a trend. Oklahoma is still a deeply red state with OK-5 trending purple in a perfect setup year for Dems.
    Look how Stitt vs. Edmondson did by US Congressional district. 5th District is pretty blue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oklahoma_2018_Governor-by-CD.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	15700

https://www.politico.com/election-re...homa/governor/

Largest margin for Edmondson was 10%. So OKC & Tulsa are essentially barely blue. The rest of the state....is REALLLLLLLY red. Some margins eclipsed 60%.

Kingfisher county was tilted by 55 points for Stitt.

I'm sorry, Tulsa county actually went for Stitt (home town I suppose). Cherokee and Muskogee county barely went for Drew. I'm not sure what to think of that. It seems unlikely but it happened so...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm sorry, Tulsa county actually went for Stitt (home town I suppose). Cherokee and Muskogee county barely went for Drew. I'm not sure what to think of that. It seems unlikely but it happened so...
    I thought the thread was about the 5th district, however, nobody can really state what she has done that is so bad.

Here is an actual vote from this week where she and Tom Cole (R) voted for the same resolution...

Land surrounding New Mexico’s Chaco Culture National Historical Park would be off limits to nearby oil and gas exploration under a measure passed this week by the U.S. House of Representatives. The measure saw a split in votes by Oklahomans in the House.
    Rep. Tom Cole, a Republican joined Democratic Rep. Kendra Horn as they were among 245 House members who passed H.R. 2181.
    Republican Reps. Kevin Hern, Frank Lucas and Markwayne Mullin were among the 174 who voted against the measure.
    The park has been at the center of a debate for decades over how to manage energy development in northwestern New Mexico. The measure approved Wednesday would prohibit drilling on the checkerboard of federal land that borders the park. It would also end existing non-producing leases n the area.

Using Stephanie Bice, Terry Neese and the rest of you Okie Trumper's twisted logic, Rep. Tom Cole should now be associated with AOC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Look how Stitt vs. Edmondson did by US Congressional district. 5th District is pretty blue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oklahoma_2018_Governor-by-CD.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	15700
    And it took one of the best environments in decades for dems. Dems were energized and repubs stayed home. That will not happen again in 2020 with trump on the ticket.

whoever the Republican nomination ends up being, they will need to move beyond pandering to the lowest common denominator in HD 5. I don’t feel like yelling Venezuela AOC and Pelosi into the void is going to get the job done in this district any longer. They will need a more pragmatic sales pitch than what plays in the rural areas.

Which is a good thing. Competitive races weed out extremist candidates and offer paths to compromise. Gerrymandering has lead to primary elections as candidates race to pander to the extreme. It’s why the ok legislature is full of extreme right wingers that don’t govern. And why any positive movement for the state has to be accomplished at the ballot box via state question.

This district benedits from the Democratic primaries being open to independents. Hopefully the GOP will keep nominating those that are not palatable to those who vote in November.

I think we've had some pretty good lifelong politicians in the House and Senate. Boren did quite a bit to advance Oklahoma's and America's interests. He was at one time a heavyweight in the international arena. Inhofe and Cole have been great for us in preventing our military bases from closing, and in fact, some of their efforts have resulted in more programs being steered towards Oklahoma bases. I'm not sure what Lankford has done yet, but he's brand new, and until he faces a primary from a different church camp counselor, he probably has nothing to worry about. He'll get his.

Our CD-5 race is more of a bellwether state than anything else. If Trump stays on his current trajectory, and more and more people become disillusioned with him and the Republican Congress, Horn seems safe. She's outraised everyone else by quite a bit last I heard.

She's also a hell of a lot smarter and more accomplished than anyone in the Republican field. Some of them aren't even college educated. Yikes.
    You can’t be serious, She is obviously not very smart. She is exactly what the right told everyone she would be if elected.. She is nothing more than a rubber stamp for Pelosi. She has voted in lockstep just like every other dim when she’s required to step up... A media campaign that just reflects the truth about her voting record will be all it takes to end her political career

A vote for Kendra Horn is a vote for Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and the squad...and she’s a sitting duck for the campaign ahead in a state that despise’s those people...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quicker View Post
    She is obviously not very smart. She is exactly what the right told everyone she would be if elected.. She is nothing more than a rubber stamp for Pelosi. She has voted in lockstep just like every other dim when she’s required to step up... A media campaign that just reflects the truth about her voting record will be all it takes to end her political career

A vote for Kendra Horn is a vote for Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and the squad...and she’s a sitting duck for the campaign ahead in a state that despise’s those people...
    What she done surely didn't surprise many people who voted for her and will probably vote for her again. They should have voted for her opponent, if they wanted a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    What she done surely didn't surprise many people who voted for her and will probably vote for her again. They should have voted for her opponent, if they wanted a Republican.
    She ran last time on promises that she wouldn’t be in now has a record of being nothing more than a Pelosi rubberstamp...

Campaign ads are going to wrap Pelosi, chef and the squad around her neck and she’ll be running against formidable, well funded

You can’t be serious, She is obviously not very smart. .
    SMU's law school doesn't accept dumb people. You're acting obviously not very smart.

She's a Democrat. Of course she voted for Pelosi. Pelosi is an excellent Speaker--a real smart lady. She's exactly who we need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    100% agree. Decisions like this are exactly why I knocked on doors for Horn a year ago. Is she going to lose a few crossover votes because of it? Sure. But don't underestimate how demoralizing it would have been to her core base of voters if she had been one of the few Democrats to not vote to initiate an impeachment inquiry.

Is she in for an uphill battle in 2020? Probably. Her opponent will run an actual campaign this time around, and the GOP voters in the district will likely be more motivated to turn out relative to 2018, given that it'll be a Presidential election year. But, on the other hand, whomever comes out of the GOP primary could be less palatable to moderate voters than Russell was. Not to mention, OK-5 is getting bluer by the day. There's clearly a burgeoning progressive core in OKC (see the Ward 2 and Ward 6 results in the city council elections earlier this year), and the suburbs of Oklahoma County are pretty much the exact demographic that's been trending more liberal across the country over the last few years.

Ultimately, it'll probably be a very close election again and then the district will be gerrymandered to hell for the 2022-2030 cycles.

You can’t be serious, She is obviously not very smart. She is exactly what the right told everyone she would be if elected.. She is nothing more than a rubber stamp for Pelosi. She has voted in lockstep just like every other dim when she’s required to step up... A media campaign that just reflects the truth about her voting record will be all it takes to end her political career

You can always see who is pandering to the lowest common denominator with what ppl bring up. The GOP will need to come up with a much more convincing argument than The just yelling “squad” in this district. Not sure why a few freshmen house members from random states would make a coherent attack strategy for an Oklahoma house race but go for it. Be sure to bring up the war on Christmas while you’re at it lol.

Oklahoma still votes for Red on the ballot. But on actual issues it has become a pretty purple state and is trending blue at times.

The last few sets of ballot initiatives show a very purple state.

Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post

Okay, so her "terrible" "partisanship" is just your interpretation of the impeachment inquiry? Got it. You understand that a lot of people actually don't see the impeachment issue as partisan, but constitutional. You're welcome to your opinion, but at least understand that's what it is. I'm not going to argue the impeachment issue here, but just point out that it's silly to make election guarantees just based how you personally feel when lots of people disagree with you. That's the type of partisanship you're literally complaining about in your own post.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Okay, so her "terrible" "partisanship" is just your interpretation of the impeachment inquiry? Got it. You understand that a lot of people actually don't see the impeachment issue as partisan, but constitutional. You're welcome to your opinion, but at least understand that's what it is. I'm not going to argue the impeachment issue here, but just point out that it's silly to make election guarantees just based how you personally feel when lots of people disagree with you. That's the type of partisanship you're literally complaining about in your own post.
    I'm not taking sides one way or the other but, while you are correct an impeachment vote may be contitutional, there is also the matter of how it is processed and what is said by those voting on the impeachment.

There is one side that thinks it is just a Constitutional issue, and there is another that thinks it is both Constitutional and Partisan issue. And then there the people you are attacking, who as far as I can tell are all on Fox News everyday, or at least I assume they are since I haven't read anyone that actually is that crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Did she basically give up or is that a hope of her opponents?
    Yeah, she's "given up" by... outraising all of her Republican opponents combined. lol.

https://oklahoman.com/article/564420...oma-colleagues

This hysteria about her being a rubber stamp for Pelosi and having terrible votes (that no one can name, apparently, besides just voting for rules for an impeachment inquity) is laughable. Yeah, a real rubber stamp... by using her two most visible votes to hold out on supporting the impeachment inquiry and voting against the minimum wage bill she brought forth. Makes sense....

I'll be the first to admit that demographically it will not be an easy race to win again in 2020, but as others have said it will not be because she votes like some liberal fever dream. Give me a break.

You're welcome to your opinion, but at least understand that's what it is.
    Hi Dan, I never thought outherwise.

There's really no denying that she's always been firmly aligned with Bloomberg and Schiff.

Should be an easy landslide victory for Bice in 2020.

Thread Information