Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Lol, I close million dollar deals every month. You’re like a ****ing IT guy and are generally wrong about almost everything. Where’s my Something Burger at?
    Nothing says “I demand respect” like someone flexing on a message board about how big of deal they think they are.

Midtown Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Is this the humor thread? Million dollar deals. JFC. Make it rain, 15 cent. How was Uber last night? Make some tips?
    Where’s my Something Burger, bitch? Been two years or so, and I’m still waiting. Definitely sad for you that Radioshack closed. I know it was your favorite job, chief.

Large Chain Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    The current resident of the White house owns the economy for good or for ill?

Not what you said in 2015.

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=40815&page=2

Post number 35

Exact quote from you replying to a post that read: "At bare minimum, Obama will be credited with ending the Great Recession."

jerrywall:
    Which is funny because the plans and policies which "could" be credited with ending the Great Recession, were created under Bush, as at most Obama could get credit for continuing Bush's policies/plans. But no one will admit that. Show me some major change in policy in this respect, please.

so there is a specific post from you not giving Obama credit AND pulling the same type of tricks by crediting the last republican in office. and this was 2015. 7! years in to Obama's presidency.

What prize do i win?
    Congrats, and mia culpa. Although I will say in context I was agreeing with the statement that Obama would be credited with ending the great recession. I was just adding an asterisk.

(BTW - the discussion may have been 7 years in, but the event we were talking about was 6 months into Obama's term - just for sake of accuracy).

You win a no-prize. Excalibur!

Lemme suggest we get back to the title of this thread, and we acknowledge our commenter profile is "white male over age 40"?

I think we are kidding ourselves if we think we represent how the 2020 vote is gonna play out.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Where’s my Something Burger, bitch? Been two years or so, and I’m still waiting. Definitely sad for you that Radioshack closed. I know it was your favorite job, chief.
    You're a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    You're a child.
    Ouch! You are vicious! Haha... but let’s just focus for a moment.... There is no impeachment without gaining support from Republicans... Schiff has orchestrated his very calculated and controlled impeachment hearings and is just giddy right now in his shining moment in the sun after being such a complete failure and disappointment in the whole Russian investigation fiasco...

...but if you’ve been paying any attention, the Republican members of the panel f*ckin hate him and have absolutely no respect for him... The republicans in the Senate feel exactly the same way...

This is going to be a huge crash and burn for the dims if they can’t gain Republican support...you should really hope and pray that it doesn’t pass the house and get sent to the Senate...

Anyone that thinks there’s any possible way this goes well for the dims if a trial happens in the Senate should really take a hard look at how the rules will be set...the ability to expand this to a very broad scope and the subpoena powers and perjury traps for anyone they choose to interrogate ...there’s a reason that Trump really wants a trial now...

The chief justice of the United States will be the judge but anything he rules throughout the trial can be overruled with 51 Republican votes...

Damn I hope it goes to trial, how fascinating this is all going to be to watch it unfold...and all during an election year with the results of the Horowitz report and the Dunham investigations unfolding while the trial is going on... The leaders of the senate can control the narrative, milk it and drag it out as long as they choose...

Be careful what you wish for...

Exactly. We all know without any doubt what scumbags and traitors the Republicans are. But please, tell us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicker View Post
    Ouch! You are vicious! Haha... but let’s just focus for a moment.... There is no impeachment without gaining support from Republicans... Schiff has orchestrated his very calculated and controlled impeachment hearings and is just giddy right now in his shining moment in the sun after being such a complete failure and disappointment in the whole Russian investigation fiasco...

...but if you’ve been paying any attention, the Republican members of the panel f*ckin hate him and have absolutely no respect for him... The republicans in the Senate feel exactly the same way...

This is going to be a huge crash and burn for the dims if they can’t gain Republican support...you should really hope and pray that it doesn’t pass the house and get sent to the Senate...

Anyone that thinks there’s any possible way this goes well for the dims if a trial happens in the Senate should really take a hard look at how the rules will be set...the ability to expand this to a very broad scope and the subpoena powers and perjury traps for anyone they choose to interrogate ...there’s a reason that Trump really wants a trial now...

The chief justice of the United States will be the judge but anything he rules throughout the trial can be overruled with 51 Republican votes...

Damn I hope it goes to trial, how fascinating this is all going to be to watch it unfold...and all during an election year with the results of the Horowitz report and the Dunham investigations unfolding while the trial is going on... The leaders of the senate can control the narrative, milk it and drag it out as long as they choose...

Be careful what you wish for...
    Yes be careful what you wish for. Remember in the senate trial the senators are the jury. They don’t question witnesses. So unlike the house inquiry, Republicans won’t have the platform to yell about Biden and Benghazi and Obama in a whataboutism attempt to muddy the waters. It will be lawyers defending the actions of trump against the charges. As we’ve seen so far in the house, no one has been able or wanted to defend the actions of Trump. No Republican has made that case yet. I’ve yet to hear one Republican member say it was a perfect call or that it’s business as usual. I have heard Republican requested witnesses admitting Fault.

So when the “trial” portion of this begins, we will see if Trumps lawyers can figure out any type of defense. Right now the best defense has been that it’s bad but not bad enough to impeach. I doubt that defense is going to go over well in the court of public opinion. I doubt Trump will even allow that defense to go forward. What we may end up having is trumps team arguing it was a “perfect call” Now that is a Senate trial I would pay money money to see.

Yes be careful what you wish for. Remember in the senate trial the senators are the jury. They don’t question witnesses. So unlike the house inquiry, Republicans won’t have the platform to yell about Biden and Benghazi and Obama in a whataboutism attempt to muddy the waters. It will be lawyers defending the actions of trump against the charges. As we’ve seen so far in the house, no one has been able or wanted to defend the actions of Trump. No Republican has made that case yet. I’ve yet to hear one Republican member say it was a perfect call or that it’s business as usual. I have heard Republican requested witnesses admitting Fault.

So when the “trial” portion of this begins, we will see if Trumps lawyers can figure out any type of defense. Right now the best defense has been that it’s bad but not bad enough to impeach. I doubt that defense is going to go over well in the court of public opinion. I doubt Trump will even allow that defense to go forward. What we may end up having is trumps team arguing it was a “perfect call” Now that is a Senate trial I would pay money money to see.
    I don't think this is accurate. Senate essentially makes the rules. They act as a committee, more akin to the Supreme Court the way I understand it, just with way more members. They can call and question witnesses, similar to the pre-impeachment charade we have going on today.

And for the record I have heard multiple congressmen make the case that this is far from an impeachable offense (as the evidence stands today). I tend to agree. Politics can be dirty, particularly foreign diplomacy where everyone doesn't play by our rules. I think this will set an unreasonably low bar for impeachment, so low it will cripple our politics for the foreseeable future.

10. Default Re: The end of Kendra Horn's career as a House member from Oklahoma?

She said when she was elected that she was going to be different. So far she has pretty much followed the Democratic mold. If she votes for impeachment, she will lose her election.

It's funny what a bunch of folks who didn't vote for Horn last time want to say about her reelection effort.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    She said when she was elected that she was going to be different. So far she has pretty much followed the Democratic mold. If she votes for impeachment, she will lose her election.
    For this to be true, you have to assume there are a large chunk of Trump supporters who also voted for Horn in 2018. You also have to assume that these Trump supporters are wanting to vote for Horn again in 2020 but won’t if she votes for impeachment.

I’d be willing to bet that this demographic doesn’t even exist.

For this to be true, you have to assume there are a large chunk of Trump supporters who also voted for Horn in 2018. You also have to assume that these Trump supporters are wanting to vote for Horn again in 2020 but won’t if she votes for impeachment.

I’d be willing to bet that this demographic doesn’t even exist.
    I believe this as I fit this mold.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    Remember a few months ago when she voted against the $15 per hour federal minimum wage bill?

She was one of only six Dems to vote against it.

Damn AOC liberals. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    It's funny what a bunch of folks who didn't vote for Horn last time want to say about her reelection effort.
    So folks who didn't vote for someone the first time can't have an opinion about someone's elect-ability?

I guess the Trump threads should get quiet, since no one here claims to have voted for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    So folks who didn't vote for someone the first time can't have an opinion about someone's elect-ability?

I guess the Trump threads should get quiet, since no one here claims to have voted for Trump.
    I doubt there are many folks who voted for Horn who are going to change their votes.

We'll see who emerges from the scrum. My money is on Stephanie Bice. While Barresi has run a statewide campaign and won, her last effort was embarrassing. Terry Neese is going to have money, but she has zero political experience and I just don't see her as the knocking doors type. I predict Neese will hire the very best--strike that--most expensive political analysts, run a bunch of microtargeted ads on FB, print a bunch of signs, and not crack 20%. Bice has already hired the folks I'd hire if I was running. Those folks wouldn't be working for her if she was an unreasonable person.

I doubt there are many folks who voted for Horn who are going to change their votes.

We'll see who emerges from the scrum. My money is on Stephanie Bice. While Barresi has run a statewide campaign and won, her last effort was embarrassing. Terry Neese is going to have money, but she has zero political experience and I just don't see her as the knocking doors type. I predict Neese will hire the very best--strike that--most expensive political analysts, run a bunch of microtargeted ads on FB, print a bunch of signs, and not crack 20%. Bice has already hired the folks I'd hire if I was running. Those folks wouldn't be working for her if she was an unreasonable person.
    I'll be supporting Bice. Hopefully those folks she has know how to run a campaign as well as Horn did.

OK Ms. Horn, whatcha' going to do now? The inquiry is over and headed to the next committee. If I were you I would make a statement to my constituents about how you felt about the proceedings you supported. We're listening.......

The inquiry is over? What a surprise to everyone involved that must be...

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    The inquiry is over? What a surprise to everyone involved that must be...
    Oh come on, you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    OK Ms. Horn, whatcha' going to do now? The inquiry is over and headed to the next committee. If I were you I would make a statement to my constituents about how you felt about the proceedings you supported. We're listening.......
    i'm going to assume she is going to get back to what she was doing (but nobody was talking about) before the proceedings... which is trying to make positive changes at the VA and getting Vets mental care they need. but we don't want to show support for her on those issues, it seems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I'll be supporting Bice. Hopefully those folks she has know how to run a campaign as well as Horn did.
    I don't blame you for liking Bice, since she worked hard on getting a bill through to let the people vote on modernizing alcohol laws and won. So she has a strong record of accomplishing something major in government, therefore, might be able to get something major through in a Republican House, if it goes back. So I predict she will be Kendra Horn's opponent and won't be too surprised if Bice wins. For Horn to be a more certain winner, there will have to be a recession affecting Oklahoma, and, so far, I don't see that happening in time for the election.

800 layoffs in El Reno yesterday. Oil and gas are going to have a hard time amid low prices. It appears a recession is increasingly likely in 2020 and the tools we have to get us out of recession, i.e., tax cuts, lowering the interest rate at the fed, are already off the table because we used them to spike the football in the middle of a recovery.

Blog Entries

800 layoffs in El Reno yesterday. Oil and gas are going to have a hard time amid low prices. It appears a recession is increasingly likely in 2020 and the tools we have to get us out of recession, i.e., tax cuts, lowering the interest rate at the fed, are already off the table because we used them to spike the football in the middle of a recovery.
    You mean a recession in Oklahoma or nationwide? I already brought it up, but it might help if the state income tax codes were modernized. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the state income tax abolished, but how to make up for lost revenue would probably be too much of an overwhelming political problem to figure out so everybody would be happy. For starters, most people would be opposed to putting a sales tax on all services.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    For starters, most people would be opposed to putting a sales tax on all services.
    Because sales taxes are by their nature regressive. I like property taxes, if we're getting rid of income taxes (which I'm not sure I agree with).

Thread Information