Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Clips

Default Great Clips

It looks like Great Clips is going to open a new location in the Nichols Hills Plaza area. They have multiple stores across the city.

Default Re: Great Clips

I've got CHILLS. I'm so excited to try this place out.

What differentiates them from any other national chain barber/hair salon? The main page on their website doesn't look upscale at all. Why Nichols Hills Plaza? https://www.greatclips.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    What differentiates them from any other national chain barber/hair salon? The main page on their website doesn't look upscale at all. Why Nichols Hills Plaza? https://www.greatclips.com/
    That doesn't make much sense... they're the equivalent of a SuperCuts - not a NHP level tenant in my opinion.

I took the response as sarcasm because really....excited about Great Clips? It is just a newer version of Supercuts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    That doesn't make much sense... they're the equivalent of a SuperCuts - not a NHP level tenant in my opinion.
    Some would argue that Trader Joe's isn't "NHP level" either. Everyone who is around 63rd and Western isn't wealthy or high-brow. Lots of regular Joes in the area. Lots of employees of Chesapeake who might be customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Some would argue that Trader Joe's isn't "NHP level" either. Everyone who is around 63rd and Western isn't wealthy or high-brow. Lots of regular Joes in the area. Lots of employees of Chesapeake who might be customers.
    Ain’t nobody workin at CHK going to great clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    I've got CHILLS. I'm so excited to try this place out.
    Yeah, Stillwater loves Great Clips so much that there are now two of them.

9. Default Re: Great Clips

Cuz nothing say's "I finally made it" like getting a $50 plus tip man's haircut, when plenty of Great Clips people can do the same thing for a $6.99 coupon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    Ain’t nobody workin at CHK going to great clips.
    You’ll be surprised. The stereotyping is just silly.

The problem with Great Clips, supercuts, sportsclips, etc is that you may never have the same cutter and some are fresh out of school. I'll stick to my $5 (plus $10 tip) haircut from Capital Hill Barbers where I get the same consistent guy everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    The problem with Great Clips, supercuts, sportsclips, etc is that you may never have the same cutter and some are fresh out of school. I'll stick to my $5 (plus $10 tip) haircut from Capital Hill Barbers where I get the same consistent guy everytime.
    That's great that you have a Barber. Don't find many of those anymore.

For men's haircut, the above mentioned are convenient and satisfactory for most men. Heck, I have been getting the same style of haircut for the past 15+ years. If the stylist doesn't know how to properly use an electric clipper with guard then they probably shouldn't have passed school.

FYI, at Great Clips you can request any stylist when you get to the shop. Only downside is you may have to wait longer than a customer who does not. If you have a fav they will let you know their schedule.

14. Default Re: Great Clips

Been using the same stylist for years. First at Super Cuts and then followed her to Great Clips. I check in with the app and when I show up I never wait more than maybe 10 minutes. Load up on the $9.99 gift card in November and supplement with $6.99 coupons/sales throughout the year. A cheap good haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    FYI, at Great Clips you can request any stylist when you get to the shop. Only downside is you may have to wait longer than a customer who does not. If you have a fav they will let you know their schedule.
    Why wouldn’t you schedule your next appointment with your stylist as you leave your current appointment?

16. Default Re: Great Clips

Why wouldn’t you schedule your next appointment with your stylist as you leave your current appointment?
    It's been my experience you can't schedule like that with places like Great Clips. They are not set up for that, the employees have no idea what shifts they will be working and it's first come first served (app reservations taking priority)

I personally don't want to schedule a date/time 4-6 weeks out. I have no idea what I'll be doing that far out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    My experience with great clips and similar stores is that the staff turns over every six months of so I still go to them if I can't make it in to my regular guy but I know it is hit and miss. Fortunately, my hair grows back quick.

I use these chain places because I get my haircut buzzed, so having the same stylist doesn’t matter one bit to me. If you can place a #4 guard on a pair of clippers and run it all over my head without removing an ear you can do my hair.

I certainly understand if you have a specific style you like how it would be nice to have the same person every time.

I use whichever place sends me a coupon. I also wear a hat 95% of the time, so in the offchance the person screws up my hair I don’t care and no one will notice anyway.

19. Default Re: Great Clips

My experience with great clips and similar stores is that the staff turns over every six months of so I still go to them if I can't make it in to my regular guy but I know it is hit and miss. Fortunately, my hair grows back quick.
    The lady i use has been at two different Super Cuts and two different Great Clips. A stylist that is simply moving locations (and not changing careers) would surely notify her regular customers, wouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    The lady i use has been at two different Super Cuts and two different Great Clips. A stylist that is simply moving locations (and not changing careers) would surely notify her regular customers, wouldn't they?

Your experience is different than mine. Both are valid opinions based on our own experiences. Neither of us are wrong because it is based on our personal experiences so not sure why we need to argue it.

21. Default Re: Great Clips

Your experience is different than mine. Both are valid opinions based on our own experiences. Neither of us are wrong because it is based on our personal experiences so not sure why we need to argue it.
    Didn't realize we were 'arguing.' I thought discussion boards were for 'discussing.'

Any updates on this Great Clips? I am VERY excited for this to open up!

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I use these chain places because I get my haircut buzzed, so having the same stylist doesn’t matter one bit to me. If you can place a #4 guard on a pair of clippers and run it all over my head without removing an ear you can do my hair.

I certainly understand if you have a specific style you like how it would be nice to have the same person every time.

I use whichever place sends me a coupon. I also wear a hat 95% of the time, so in the offchance the person screws up my hair I don’t care and no one will notice anyway.
    I'd definitely recommend you get yourself some $20 Whal clippers and do it yourself, especially if you just do a #4 all over. The guards make it pretty foolproof, and if you've got somebody to help with trimming the neckline that's even easier. I've buzzed my own hair about once a week or so for the last 10 years. The money saved!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Any updates on this Great Clips? I am VERY excited for this to open up!
    Why do you have such a hard on about this?

^^I've been wondering the same thing. I don't understand the bit, and it's getting pretty annoying, to be frank.

Thread Information