Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great Clips

Default Re: Great Clips

Another interesting point for choosing this location, there's another Great Clips not two miles west on 63rd & May. What are they trying to be, Sonics?

I wonder if the residents of Seattle know that a Great Clips is in Lower Queen Anne?

This is on the same street as, but just a half mile from the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. Someone please call them to tell them that undesirables may be getting a haircut nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by snark0leptic View Post
    Another interesting point for choosing this location, there's another Great Clips not two miles west on 63rd & May. What are they trying to be, Sonics?
    Maybe it’s the same operator and their lease is close to ending? Or maybe they see a large part of their base as NH residents?

At the end of the day, the market will dictate if this is a good location for them or not. Landlord can’t afford vacancies and great clips franchisee is risking their money, not anyone else’s. If the neighborhood feels this isn’t sophisticated enough for them, we’ll probably know in 3-5 years. Seems like as a society, we complain too got dam much about the dumbest things. And nothing has changed from 10-15 years ago, people are always complaining about chains and not having enough local stuff. I mean, the people opening great clips are most likely local residents. Are they to be **** on because their business isnt interesting enough?

The “Great Clips” sign was just installed above the unfinished SUITE B, next door to closed Slapfish in Suite C. That explains how the landlord could avoid FED, reconfiguration, etc. The tenant mix is still a little curious.

Having spent 40 years in the "carriage trade", I can say there are few people more "value conscious" than the older Nichols Hills gent. They will delight in their $7.99 Great Clip, while their wife is at the $75 for a trim without a wash place in Classen Curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Having spent 40 years in the "carriage trade", I can say there are few people more "value conscious" than the older Nichols Hills gent. They will delight in their $7.99 Great Clip, while their wife is at the $75 for a trim without a wash place in Classen Curve.
    Exactly. You don't stay rich by eating out at Birra Birra every night and getting your mustache waxed at Scotch & Scissors.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Exactly. You don't stay rich by eating out at Birra Birra every night and getting your mustache waxed at Scotch & Scissors.
    There are the wealthy, and there are those that want to appear to be wealthy. Those that really have money have no need to prove they have it by wasting it. Hair is hair. If you get a good cut for $10 it's way better than getting the same cut for $75

I absolutely, FIRMLY, expect each and every one of you there for their grand opening. I hope you're all as excited about this as I am.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    I absolutely, FIRMLY, expect each and every one of you there for their grand opening. I hope you're all as excited about this as I am.
    I am sure there are many who will appreciate it. EVERY leasing and new opening doesn't have to be earth shattering cool to be important in the fabric of a community. It's nice when you can interlace the cool stuff with the everyday living stuff. To me, that's what makes a neighborhood.

Big News: The Nichols Hills Plaza location is open, and they are advertising a $7.99 haircut sale out front.

Thread Information