Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Clips

Default Re: Great Clips

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Why do you have such a hard on about this?
    You know the old saying "1 step forward, two steps back"?

Our city hangs it's hat on that. Maybe more like, 2 steps forward and 1.5 back.

Great Clips is a joke. In absolute no scenario can someone justify to me why a freaking Great Clips should be anywhere around Nichols Hills Plaza or Classen Curve. It's just not the type of place with which an area that's really trying to establish itself opens up. And they've done a great job outside of this.

Now, if this was a really neat, maybe more local, unique barber shop, that mught be different. But I just don't see the residents in this area getting very excited about this. It's the epitome of lackluster.

And it's something that every square inch of this city suffers from. We can and need to do better, but it seems we think that ANY infill is good infill.

So to deal with it, I joke about it. Because that's what putting a Great Clips here is. A joke.

@tydude is the OP saying that they're coming to NH Plaza. Is there any information to support that?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Great Clips NHP.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	15666

Seems legit.

Market forces will dictate whether or not this business will succeed. Stay tuned

^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post

Views:	80 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	15666

Seems legit.
    Thanks for the screenshot. 1125 NW 63rd is the now-former Slapfish address. If so, this is a very, very quick pivot for this address.

Pete posted that Slapfish closed on Sunday, September 15. Tydude opened this thread less than three weeks later on Saturday, October 5.

Don't give up your current barber yet. This will take a while to remove the existing FFE, obtain plans & permits, reconfigure the space, install signage, etc.

Wow, the wasted money spent on putting in all the restaurant equipment/kitchen, then a few months later tearing it all out again....

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    You know the old saying "1 step forward, two steps back"?

Our city hangs it's hat on that. Maybe more like, 2 steps forward and 1.5 back.

Great Clips is a joke. In absolute no scenario can someone justify to me why a freaking Great Clips should be anywhere around Nichols Hills Plaza or Classen Curve. It's just not the type of place with which an area that's really trying to establish itself opens up. And they've done a great job outside of this.
    It will look so tacky if they put out their curb signs that say haircuts for $6.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    It will look so tacky if they put out their curb signs that say haircuts for $6.99.
    ...right next to the Starbucks sign that says, “Coffee for $6.99.”

Blog Entries

I can’t believe how bent out of shape people on this board are about an affordable hair cut in Nichols Hills. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I can’t believe how bent out of shape people on this board are about an affordable hair cut in Nichols Hills. Lol
    Dude, come on now. Is it really a big deal? No. It's really not. But it's a lame acquisitions for this area. This area is supposed to be attracting a bunch of new retailers and developments and hotels and restaurants. Which has been done pretty well, I'd say.

A Great Clips ain't it man.

Blog Entries

People made fun of Heritage Hills people not wanting tattoo parlors or plasma clinics. I find it hilarious the level of concern over an affordable hair shop.... like it’s either beneath the area or will kill development. Guess it’s a slow month around here.

Rover, it's about maintaining a consistent tenant mix in a retail center. With few exceptions, Nichols Hills Plaza has premium quality, independently-owned retailers. The two most recent are Balliett's moving from Classen Curve, and Valerie Naifeh's jewelry store from Casady Square.

Notwithstanding that this location is on the Great Clips website, I find two things that make me think this isn't real: 1) The next tenant in this location is months away from opening, after an FED, redoing FFE, new TI, etc.; and 2) There's already a barber shop in Nichols Hills Plaza - the locally-owned Nichols Hills Plaza Style Shop at 6484 Avondale Drive.

Blog Entries

Yes, I understand retail leasing, brand value, etc., etc. I just think it's funny it has raised so much dander. By the way, there's a clinic also in the center on 63rd street. They have sick people there. This isn't a medical center and all Nichols Hills residents have 24 hr concierge doctors on call anyway. This is a bad look for the NHP branding. We should be concerned.

This is especially funny considering it may not even happen. People get worked up over the darndest things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    Rover, it's about maintaining a consistent tenant mix in a retail center. With few exceptions, Nichols Hills Plaza has premium quality, independently-owned retailers.

Notwithstanding that this location is on the Great Clips website, I find two things that make me think this isn't real: 1) The next tenant in this location is months away from opening, after an FED, redoing FFE, new TI, etc.; and 2) There's already a barber shop in Nichols Hills Plaza - the locally-owned Nichols Hills Plaza Style Shop at 6484 Avondale Drive.
    Oh, someone should notify Trader Joes they don't fit. They aren't independently owned and they aren't really premium, just cool...so acceptable. And there is a Hollywood pet food store. And Starbucks. And Hopdoddy. All right there. None are independently owned or local and hardly upscale (Though Hopdoddy's is expensive).

IF this happens, it would also be in the mini-strips facing 63rd St., a rather busy and common street for travel, and not really "in" NHP, per se.

Rover, it's about maintaining a consistent tenant mix in a retail center. With few exceptions, Nichols Hills Plaza has premium quality, independently-owned retailers. The two most recent are Balliett's moving from Classen Curve, and Valerie Naifeh's jewelry store from Casady Square.

It is also on the NHP, Classen Curve / Triangle website.

Views:	74 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	15667

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Oh, someone should notify Trader Joes they don't fit. They aren't independently owned and they aren't really premium, just cool...so acceptable. And there is a Hollywood pet food store. And Starbucks. And Hopdoddy. All right there. None are independently owned or local and hardly upscale (Though Hopdoddy's is expensive).

IF this happens, it would also be in the mini-strips facing 63rd St., a rather busy and common street for travel, and not really "in" NHP, per se.
    Stop being a troll. I said "with few exceptions." You read that, didn't you?

Lmao, he has been this way since I first joined the forum. He won't change now.

Blog Entries

You can call it trolling if you want, but there are assertions being made here regarding the content of NHP which are not accurate. The "controversy" over a haircut place being part of the makeup of the plaza is silly and overblown. So far, the 63rd street facing businesses are not independent, local, or necessarily upscale. To act like adding another chain to the mix is unusual is not accurate. If pointing that out makes someone upset or emotional, than I guess half of the posts on this site are from trolls. This whole discussion started because some couldn't believe an affordable haircut chain had a place in the neighborhood or at NHP. I started my discussion points by pointing out that there are many potential clients in the area or who might go by. The location is on a very busy street that serves many who might be potential clients. There are two mini-strips that sandwich a Starbucks and front 63rd. This is not wedged in between some boutiques or quaint upscale women's shops. Slapfish was not upscale in the least. Starbucks is common. A store-front clinic isn't upscale or trendy. THIS is the surroundings.

It's funny how some can be called trolls because they push back at some notion someone has, but the original notion, no matter how off it is, is deemed just good conversation. I guess the safe thing to do is not question someone's OPINION. Then they won't be offended or emotional. If you don't want anyone to disagree with you, don't post. Go to your friends who will all agree and call you smart.

I would assume you are being overly protective of NHP because you took a few aerials of it, aren't you?

It will be okay if the developers allow a location or two that services the needs of the Common Man.

I'm sure Great Clips is a fantastic business. Thats fine. Yay.

Forget the demographic location of NHP and Classen Curve. I'm not factoring that in at all. I don't care about that.

What I do care about is the ownership of these two developments trying to create a unique shopping/living/recreational area in the metro. I get it, they have a vacancy. They have someone interested in said vacancy. It's a done deal.

That doesn't alter the fact that a Great Clips is a lousy choice for this. Great Clips doesn't fit any previous real or seemed criteria for this. It's just a lazy acquisition for this group. You're telling me, in that area, they can't find something else to fill that spot? They just moved Balliet's, Naifeh, and BC Clark's here, but they're going to settle in a Great Clips? Idk. It's just super underwhelming.

All that to say, it totally doesn't matter. They aren't going to be any more or less successful because of Great Clips. They and the GREAT Clips will do just fine. But I'm still going to voice my opinion on a lousy fit here.

Blog Entries

If this was actually in the plaza where Naifeh, BC Clark’s, or Balliets is, I might agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    I'm sure Great Clips is a fantastic business. Thats fine. Yay.

Forget the demographic location of NHP and Classen Curve. I'm not factoring that in at all. I don't care about that.

What I do care about is the ownership of these two developments trying to create a unique shopping/living/recreational area in the metro. I get it, they have a vacancy. They have someone interested in said vacancy. It's a done deal.

That doesn't alter the fact that a Great Clips is a lousy choice for this. Great Clips doesn't fit any previous real or seemed criteria for this. It's just a lazy acquisition for this group. You're telling me, in that area, they can't find something else to fill that spot? They just moved Balliet's, Naifeh, and BC Clark's here, but they're going to settle in a Great Clips? Idk. It's just super underwhelming.

All that to say, it totally doesn't matter. They aren't going to be any more or less successful because of Great Clips. They and the GREAT Clips will do just fine. But I'm still going to voice my opinion on a lousy fit here.
    While I agree that Great Clips is a "meh" tenant for NHP, an important thing to consider is having a good mix of tenants is essential. TJ's and Great Clips (among others), while not exciting, pull people into that shopping center that might not otherwise have a reason to visit, and that increased traffic helps all of the tenants. Just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    ... TJ's and Great Clips (among others), while not exciting, pull people into that shopping center that might not otherwise have a reason to visit, and that increased traffic helps all of the tenants. Just food for thought.
    Might be true for TJ's, but wondering if that's true for the strip facing 63rd - do people go from there back into NHP or do they just drive in, do their thing at *$, Hopdoddy, etc., and drive off or do they drive or walk back into NHP before/after their burger, coffee, etc.?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Might be true for TJ's, but wondering if that's true for the strip facing 63rd - do people go from there back into NHP or do they just drive in, do their thing at *$, Hopdoddy, etc., and drive off or do they drive or walk back into NHP before/after their burger, coffee, etc.?
    No, they do not. They park in front and then leave. But then again, it never seems like people stroll around the plaza itself. They park in front of the shop they are going to.

Thread Information