Widgets Magazine

Thread: Doggy Daycare

Default Doggy Daycare

Does anyone have any input on good, reputable local doggy daycare's around? I found one I thought might be a great fit then heard some horror stories about things that have gone on behind the scenes, up to and including dogs getting in fights and getting killed from that. I would want a safe person to pet ratio and cameras that I can access at anytime. Any thoughts or feedback??

2. Default Re: Doggy Daycare

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    Does anyone have any input on good, reputable local doggy daycare's around? I found one I thought might be a great fit then heard some horror stories about things that have gone on behind the scenes, up to and including dogs getting in fights and getting killed from that. I would want a safe person to pet ratio and cameras that I can access at anytime. Any thoughts or feedback??

Don't know your location, but I know a couple of people who use the downtown OKC doggy daycare (The Barking Lot) and have been really happy. I actually intentionally take the exit downtown so I can drive by, just because i like seeing all the dogs running around.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Doggy Daycare

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I actually intentionally take the exit downtown so I can drive by, just because i like seeing all the dogs running around.
    I do the same thing sometimes just to see all the puppos having fun outside.

We have used the 9th Street Barking Lot for a few years now and have nothing but great things to say about them. While it is not the cheapest place in town it is the most professional and clean facility I have checked out, they also have a great groomer on site.

I would say that dog fights are always a possibility when you have 70 dogs enclosed like that. However, during a large home remodel we had both dogs there 5 days a week for about 6 months and never had an issue. I will note that they are large pit mixes so your mileage may vary.

I noticed recently that they now can provide transportation to and from your home or office via the "Bark Bus".

+1 for 9th street barking lot.

I use Bark of the Town. It doesn't have the camera feature, but my dog loves it and it's slightly more affordable than 9th Street. I would probably go to 9th Street however if it wasn't in the opposite direction of my work.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I use Bark of the Town. It doesn't have the camera feature, but my dog loves it and it's slightly more affordable than 9th Street. I would probably go to 9th Street however if it wasn't in the opposite direction of my work.
    Same (although gosh, I didn't realize other places were even more expensive, if only slightly!). My dog is extremely energetic and can be wild and they've been very accommodating to him. We did have an incident last year where another dog bit him and ripped a good chunk of fur and flesh out that required a trip to the emergency vet. From the sounds of it, it was one dog going after another dog and my dog just ran in between them at the wrong moment. Other than that incident (a risk you accept) we've been really happy there.

8. Default Re: Doggy Daycare

9th Street Barking Lot all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Same (although gosh, I didn't realize other places were even more expensive, if only slightly!). My dog is extremely energetic and can be wild and they've been very accommodating to him. We did have an incident last year where another dog bit him and ripped a good chunk of fur and flesh out that required a trip to the emergency vet. From the sounds of it, it was one dog going after another dog and my dog just ran in between them at the wrong moment. Other than that incident (a risk you accept) we've been really happy there.
    They raised their prices after they put the turf in the back... which was a much needed improvement. When I first started going there ~1.5 years ago, it was definitely on the low end in OKC.

. . . I use Mutti's. Small, in-home, limited number of attendees. Close to my house and my dog loves it there!! https://www.muttishome.com/

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    . . . I use Mutti's. Small, in-home, limited number of attendees. Close to my house and my dog loves it there!! https://www.muttishome.com/
    We've used Mutti's on several occasions too, but for overnight stays while we were on vacation, and we've generally been very pleased with their service. They run their doggy daycare out of their home, and have built a bunch of play areas in the back yard. Their service is quite affordable too. About the only concerns I've had with them is our little one came home with kennel cough once, and they will keep any extra food you give them. Aside from that though, they've done great with our two pups and we wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    We've used Mutti's on several occasions too, but for overnight stays while we were on vacation, and we've generally been very pleased with their service. They run their doggy daycare out of their home, and have built a bunch of play areas in the back yard. Their service is quite affordable too. About the only concerns I've had with them is our little one came home with kennel cough once, and they will keep any extra food you give them. Aside from that though, they've done great with our two pups and we wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

. . . I just started with them a couple years ago, but have always given my "kid" (including previous "kids") the kennel cough vaccine (I board pretty frequently) and have never had a problem. I've done everything from "day care" to long vacations (14 days). Re: the food, I only send enough for the anticipated stay plus 1 day, so that hasn't been an issue. My "bar" is that H. is always excited to go and runs in/makes himself at home like a kid ready to go for camp!!

Thread Information