Ok I got approved for a rebate for a storm shelter. I really don't know much about them. Which companies are good which ones are not. Do I put it in the garage or outdoors underground? What are the pros and cons of doing so. Not sure I want to pull my car out of the garage and leave it outside in the hail. I guess however if your car is small (ford focus) and garage is big enough you can pull up enough where you can still get into the shelter. Then what happens though if the car lands on top of the shelter and you can't get the door open. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

Also I see one company will back-filled with ready-mix concrete. Another company just uses dirt. Reason I was told for this when I asked about it was that the dirt lets the water move around it so it wont float. Also I see there are different doors. Outdoors needs an outdoor door but in the garage would it matter if I had a single door or the two door systems that most companies use. I have seen reviews where those 2 doors leak really bad but being in the garage it's not going to get wet maybe just water from the car.

Anyway and thoughts or input would be appreciated.