Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Paying college athletes

Default Re: Paying college athletes

The fact that there will still be people arguing with a straight face that college athletes don't deserve to make any money (whether via NIL or official employee status) after what went down in college athletics this week is absolutely hilarious. Same for people who think that college athletes shouldn't get one free undergrad transfer + one free graduate transfer.

2. Default Re: Paying college athletes

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The fact that there will still be people arguing with a straight face that college athletes don't deserve to make any money (whether via NIL or official employee status) after what went down in college athletics this week is absolutely hilarious. Same for people who think that college athletes shouldn't get one free undergrad transfer + one free graduate transfer.
    I agree completely. As far as transferring 1 free pre grad and 1 free post grad I'm down with. The current system where a player can have 5 years of eligibility and be at 5 different schools is a bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I agree completely. As far as transferring 1 free pre grad and 1 free post grad I'm down with. The current system where a player can have 5 years of eligibility and be at 5 different schools is a bit over the top.
    Yes, I'm in agreement with you on that. One pre-grad and one post-grad feels like a good middle ground to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Exactly. UPS pays its union drivers very handsomely but the rest of the union staff is paid crumbs to offset the exorbitant driver pay.
    That is a totally incorrect interpretation of what I said and not bound in any reality. Sadly, people only want to believe in the promoted caricatures of unions without having any actual experience or knowledge of how they work or why they are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    That is a totally incorrect interpretation of what I said and not bound in any reality. Sadly, people only want to believe in the promoted caricatures of unions without having any actual experience or knowledge of how they work or why they are necessary.
    Wrong.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ups-tea...me-pay-debate/

https://www.tdu.org/how_two_tier_con..._weaken_unions

Thread Information