Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Weather Discussion - October 2019

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - October 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    SPC outlined 15% for Sunday across E and SE OK. C OK looks to be too far west for storm initiation. I will update if any of this changes.

Otherwise enjoy the beautiful fall weather. Warmer and closer to 80 over the weekend ahead of the storm mentioned above. The storm will knock us back into 60s and low 70s for next week.
    And looks like short sleeve weather Friday evening for OSU's homecoming walkaround. High sunny 77.

Very slim chance of a few passing light showers this evening with a weak low pressure system passing to the north. I wouldn't change any plans, just watch radar for a quick sprinkle or two.

Saturday will be light winds from the north and beautifully sunny, low 70s.

Sunday will feel like spring with strong south winds and warm temperatures pressing low 80s.

Next week looks fantastic still.

Here is a shot of the sprinkles this evening:

Increasing likelihood of storms this evening for the OKC area, with the southern and eastern portions of the Metro having the best chance. It'll be a close call as to whether or not we can get enough moisture return for anything to fire before the cold front moves through, but the latest hi-res models basically show stuff firing right along the I-35 corridor around 8-10 p.m. and then quickly moving east.

I got 1.5” in far NW OKC. Had some close lightening strikes causing quick power outages which required clock, cable and coffee maker resets. Had hail too. Best rain in awhile

[QUOTE=OKC Guy;1092807]I got 1.5” in far NW OKC. Had some close lightening strikes causing quick power outages which required clock, cable and coffee maker resets. Had hail too. Best rain in awhile[/QUO
    Had a whopping .02 here in the Dough-nut hole known as Midwest city

Had a nice storm a few miles north of Downtown. Lots of lightning, and probably some borderline severe wind gusts. Not a lot of rain as I was on the very south end of the line and it blew through quite quickly, but probably more rain than the rest of October combined at my apartment.

Hopefully we get one or two good soaking rain events before we enter our traditional winter dry period.

Cold rain on the way for large majority of the state.

Should begin seeing rain and storms develop late tonight in a corridor just east of I-44. Light rain and mist likely for points further west toward OKC. Eventually some rain and storms will develop likely overhead for OKC just before sunrise. Then a break by mid-morning. Development of heavier rain later on Thursday afternoon across all of W and C OK as the upper-level low begins to push out of the TX PH. Rain is not likely to be too heavy, but it is likely to be light-to-moderate and very persistent. This is a slow moving storm and rain and mist will likely last into Friday morning.

Temperatures for Thursday and Friday are likely to stay in the lower 50s.

Got a decent amount of small hail at my place just now.

3.14" of rain so far at my house for this event (near 9th & Bryant in Edmond).

Parts of NW Oklahoma got over a foot of snow yesterday.

We should see a very cold rain develop this late Tuesday afternoon. Best chances are along and especially east of I-44 corridor. I think light passing showers and drizzle will be name of the game for OKC. Overnight temperatures will fall to mid 30s, any frozen precipitation should remain NW of OKC.

Same deal with Wednesday as the main storm pushes out of CO.

We should clear out Wednesday night into Thursday resulting in lows dropping into the 20s for a large part of the state. Trick-or-treaters will need jackets Thursday night with temperatures in the 30s after sunset.

Friday and Saturday look nice with highs in the 50s as we head into November.

Very light snow flurries and sleet reported around C OK. Could last into the overnight, but no impacts expected.

Skies are already clearing across SW OK, and this will spread into C OK later tonight. This will allow temperatures to fall into the 20s resulting in the first hard freeze.

Definitely saw a few flurries in NW OKC (around NW 36th and May) a couple hours ago.

To end October's weather thread, the nation during early October had record breaking heat, while late October had record breaking cold: https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Oc...en=cat6-widget

OKC finished with a colder average temperature than Boston and Cleveland (among other cities) for October. Pretty remarkable.

Thread Information