Widgets Magazine

Thread: Notice of Proposed Land Use/Development Application signs in OKC?

1. Post Notice of Proposed Land Use/Development Application signs in OKC?

Serious question, does OKC require or has anyone ever seen any signs at development sites that detail what will/is being built? I've never seen nor heard about any and it seems as we are all left guessing what development is being considered or built.

Here are examples from Vancouver (Development Application) and Seattle (Land Use):

Assuming I'm correct that OKC doesn't have nor require these signs, I think this is something OKC should consider as a requirement for all development as it greatly adds transparency to what's being developed. Also, it helps to show how much development is actually going on in the city (rather than a bunch of dirt all of sudden being moved then an unknown building or whatever pops up).

Having these signs up here greatly inform citizens of development without having to attend council or planning meetings. If you have an opinion just call the number, otherwise, the signs make you aware of what's being built or proposed.

Having many of these indicates a growing city. Any thoughts?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: Notice of Proposed Land Use/Development Application signs in OKC?

Put any of these up in Edmond and you'll draw protestors at the next city council meeting.

They are required to post public notices in authorized newspapers.

Once work starts, they have to post building permits.

For rezoning, they have to mail directly to property owners within a certain radius.

I've seen these type of signs before, especially when a rezoning is being considered, up in Edmond. I haven' seen one with proposed development details though, unless its a marketing type on the developer puts up.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Serious question, does OKC require or has anyone ever seen any signs at development sites that detail what will/is being built? I've never seen nor heard about any and it seems as we are all left guessing what development is being considered or built.

Here are examples from Vancouver (Development Application) and Seattle (Land Use):

Assuming I'm correct that OKC doesn't have nor require these signs, I think this is something OKC should consider as a requirement for all development as it greatly adds transparency to what's being developed. Also, it helps to show how much development is actually going on in the city (rather than a bunch of dirt all of sudden being moved then an unknown building or whatever pops up).

Having these signs up here greatly inform citizens of development without having to attend council or planning meetings. If you have an opinion just call the number, otherwise, the signs make you aware of what's being built or proposed.

Having many of these indicates a growing city. Any thoughts?
    Did you happen to read the third one closely? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Did you happen to read the third one closely? LOL
    Reminds me of the In-N-Out coming soon sign that popped up this last April 1.

7. Default Re: Notice of Proposed Land Use/Development Application signs in OKC?

hehe

still, I wish OKC would require these to be posted at the property; particularly in downtown and the core for anything commercial or not private residential. Keeps everyone informed without catering to a specific media source (to decide if they and who they will inform).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Reminds me of the In-N-Out coming soon sign that popped up this last April 1.
    Why? Were they building a 666-table In-N-Out as well?

Thread Information