Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NW 2nd and Klein

Default Re: NW 2nd and Klein

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    When I first moved downtown there wasn’t a single thing happening west of Lee. Downtown fell off a cliff at that street. When 21c was first announced a lot of people were wondering why anyone would invest that amount of money in such a desolate area. That was only like 6 or 7 years ago. Now projects like this are starting to kick off west of Classen. That kind of progress blows my mind.
    That's a great reminder as it's easy to forget how bad that area was (or at least almost completely abandoned) just a few years ago.

Still lots of potential but now that development has jumped Classen, hopefully we'll see more.

Credit to Hall Capital for taking that big leap with 21c, Jones and West Village; and now Pivot Project with Sunshine Laundry and this project.

We're fortunate to have so many in this community to stick their necks out and put their own skin in the game to transform this city.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That's a great reminder as it's easy to forget how bad that area was (or at least almost completely abandoned) just a few years ago.

Still lots of potential but now that development has jumped Classen, hopefully we'll see more.

Credit to Hall Capital for taking that big leap with 21c, Jones and West Village; and now Pivot Project with Sunshine Laundry and this project.

We're fortunate to have so many in this community to stick their necks out and put their own skin in the game to transform this city.
    Similarly, the Yale renovation in Capitol Hill.

n/m

They are moving incredibly fast on this project:

Any update on this? Website still says "Coming 2020."
    Saw the article about the recently announced Farmer's Market venue and got it confused with this place for a minute.

I spoke to the Fair Weather Friend Brewery people and they said they hope to open in June. They will also be serving food.

Beer City Music Hall remains on hold; that is backed by the Tower Theatre guys and they are just trying to hang in until things get better and they can start booking at the Tower.

There will also be a restaurant in this complex which should open this summer.

Tower is by far the OKC venue that I'm most concerned about w/ regards to making it through the next six months. Really, really hope they can survive.

12. Default Re: NW 2nd and Klein

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Tower is by far the OKC venue that I'm most concerned about w/ regards to making it through the next six months. Really, really hope they can survive.
    They're going to be fine. The shuttered venue program in the latest rescue package will ensure the survival (and thriving future) of well-managed venues. And they are BEYOND well-managed.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    They're going to be fine. The shuttered venue program in the latest rescue package will ensure the survival (and thriving future) of well-managed venues. And they are BEYOND well-managed.
    Thank God! Thank you for the information as well.

Blog Entries

Excited to see this place in full swing, the brewery and space are awesome so far.

Beer City Music Hall:

On the corner facing the green area will be Flycatcher, run by Bar Arbolada's Riley Marshall. To the west will be Beer City, with slightly taller space. Fair Weather Friend brewery already has a good following and serves pizza on the weekends.

Beer City announced their first two shows today, Andy Shauf on 3/5 and The Antlers on 5/14. This venue is looking to fill the exact niche in the OKC music scene that I hoped it would. Sad that I’ll be out of town for the Andy Shauf show but would definitely recommend that to anyone who’s into singer/songwriter shows.

Blog Entries

So many shows have been announced already via their social media for March, April, May, etc. They're going to hit the ground running.

20. Default Re: NW 2nd and Klein

^ Yep... Band of Heathens there on May 5th.... Hoping Covid numbers are down so I feel comfortable enough to catch the show and check this place out.

This area is quietly becoming a destination: you have Fair Weather Friend Brewery with a good pizza place; Prelude Coffee just opened in the same building; Flycatcher Club coming; Beer City getting ready to open.

Excited to have another music venue in OKC. I've purchased tix for both Waxahatchie and Kurt Vile at the Jones Assembly. Lots of great shows on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Excited to have another music venue in OKC. I've purchased tix for both Waxahatchie and Kurt Vile at the Jones Assembly. Lots of great shows on the horizon.
    Some really good stuff coming up. In addition to the two you mentioned, here’s some other good ones in the next few months:

3/5 - Andy Shauf & Yves Jarvis @ Tower
    3/12 - Sun June & Katy Kirby @ 89th Street
    3/19 - Husbands, Labrys, & Ken Pomeroy @ Tower
    3/25 - Jose Gonzalez & Jess Williamson @ Tower
    4/22 - Dummy, Lust Online, & Primal Brain @ Speakeasy
    4/29 - DIIV & Babeheaven @ NMF
    4/30 - Wet & Blushing @ NMF
    5/7 - Car Seat Headrest & Bartees Strange @ Tower
    5/8 - Hovvdy & Molly Parden @ 89th Street
    5/14 - The Antlers @ Beer City
    5/15 - Destroyer & Rosali @ Beer City

Probably the strongest stretch of concerts I can remember in OKC. Not to mention there was just an amazing sold-out Lucy Dacus & Indigo De Souza show at Tower last night.

First photo is of Beer City which opens at the end of this month. Second is of Flycatcher Club which is also close to finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    First photo is of Beer City which opens at the end of this month. Second is of Flycatcher Club which is also close to finishing.

I went to Arbolada on Saturday, and they said there's been delays with Flycatcher and that they hoped to be open a month or two ago. They're shooting to be open in the next couple months.

Thread Information