Widgets Magazine

Thread: Super Scoop to merge with Hanks Coffee

Edmond Super Scoop to merge with Hanks Coffee

Didn't want to start new thread. Site search returned zero hits for Hank's in Midtown, which surprised me. Anyway...
    Walked to Super Scoop Ice Cream on Litler post UCO JazzFest. Coffee Bean ice cream was delicious, but we noticed they were out of most flavors. Guy behind counter said it was because they were merging with Hanks Coffee and then changing the name to "All about Joe" and then planning to be in both the Hank's Midtown location and the Edmond Scoop location next to Nashbird.
    We thought the rebranding idea sounded odd but either way, their ice cream is good.

Default Re: Super Scoop to merge with Hanks Coffee

http://www.nyajoe.org/

Site says they employ people of special needs.

Also says they will be opening another location near OU.

Looks like they have been serving Super Scoop ice cream for a while.

That's it "Not Your Average Joe". Website shows the address for Hank's Coffee. Wonder if the Hank's people are totally out? Google search for Hank's shows their info is still at the 1227 N. Walker address.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    That's it "Not Your Average Joe". Website shows the address for Hank's Coffee. Wonder if the Hank's people are totally out? Google search for Hank's shows their info is still at the 1227 N. Walker address.
    I think it's the same people, just new name and products.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Didn't want to start new thread. Site search returned zero hits for Hank's in Midtown, which surprised me. Anyway...
    Walked to Super Scoop Ice Cream on Litler post UCO JazzFest. Coffee Bean ice cream was delicious, but we noticed they were out of most flavors. Guy behind counter said it was because they were merging with Hanks Coffee and then changing the name to "All about Joe" and then planning to be in both the Hank's Midtown location and the Edmond Scoop location next to Nashbird.
    We thought the rebranding idea sounded odd but either way, their ice cream is good.
    I was thinking about stopping by this weekend. Should I hold off with lack of flavors?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think it's the same people, just new name and products.
    The owner of Hank's sold it to the owner of Compadres Roasting. This happened about a year/year and a half ago. They do a lot of white label coffee roasting which is why you may not have heard of them. Not Your Average Joe intends to undergo some remodeling in the near future.

Glad to hear they will still employee special needs folks. We've taken the kids in a few times to Super Scoop, they have good ice cream and I love that they use their business to enable folks that most people won't take the chance on.

Super Scoop appears to be gone. An ice cream truck should station itself in that park next summer.

Thread Information