Widgets Magazine
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Lawn weed control and fertilization

    I currently use a company that treats my yard for weeds and fertilization. I am happy with the job they are doing but it does cost a lot.

    I知 willing to treat my yard myself but I知 not sure what to use and when/how often to treat for weeds, crab grass, and fertilize.

    I知 pretty sure my whole yard is Bermuda grass.

    Looking for suggestions on what products work well and how often to treat/fertilize. Trying to save money as the budget is becoming more tight.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: Lawn weed control and fertilization

    Take soil samples, grass samples and a few photos to the OSU Extension. They'll have some suggestions for you.

  3. Default Re: Lawn weed control and fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    Take soil samples, grass samples and a few photos to the OSU Extension. They'll have some suggestions for you.
    You should actually send your soil sample to Logan Labs, they cost just a bit more and give you way more information than OSU-OKC (specifically - Logan gives you organic matter % and OSU-OKC doesn't, and that's pretty important).

  4. #4

    Default Re: Lawn weed control and fertilization

    I don't know how familiar you are with Reddit but there is a subreddit called LawnCare. These guys go through the chemicals most companies use and you can do it yourself. I think AtWoods sells most of the stuff.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Lawn weed control and fertilization

    Places to buy the same stuff as the guys that spray, Do Your Own Pest control on south Meridian just past what was Sheplers on the other side of Meridian in a strip shopping center. Also Ecroat on 10th and MLK also sells but in a bit larger size. They also are very knowledgable. I shop both places. TLC but they only carry smaller size containers and much more expensive. I spray my pastures and yard. I don't know what size area that you are spraying. Check them out.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Lawn weed control and fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Places to buy the same stuff as the guys that spray, Do Your Own Pest control on south Meridian just past what was Sheplers on the other side of Meridian in a strip shopping center. Also Ecroat on 10th and MLK also sells but in a bit larger size. They also are very knowledgable. I shop both places. TLC but they only carry smaller size containers and much more expensive. I spray my pastures and yard. I don't know what size area that you are spraying. Check them out.
    Just doing my front and back yard. A little less than 1/2 acre.

    Is there any type of schedule I should be following? What months to apply pre-emergent,fertilizers and weed control?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lawn weed control and fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by Relentless85 View Post
    Just doing my front and back yard. A little less than 1/2 acre.

    Is there any type of schedule I should be following? What months to apply pre-emergent,fertilizers and weed control?
    Basic 10 step guide:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/lawncare/co...o_a_nice_lawn/

  8. #8

    Default Re: Lawn weed control and fertilization

    Quote Originally Posted by Relentless85 View Post
    Just doing my front and back yard. A little less than 1/2 acre.

    Is there any type of schedule I should be following? What months to apply pre-emergent,fertilizers and weed control?
    I know a lot of folks around here don't like OSU very much, but those Bois do know a thing or two about Bermuda grass:

    http://oces.okstate.edu/seminole/agr...dar%202014.pdf

  9. #9

    Default Re: Lawn weed control and fertilization

    I pay TrueGreen--I like that they constantly test my soil quality and monitor the rest of my yard for other issues. They just recently alerted me that my trees had a fungus and we recently started treatment for that.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Lawn weed control and fertilization

    My yard is totally natural, with buffalo grass, clover and the occasional weed. I pull weeds or let them be.. Insects are dying off. Insecticides and Roundup are killing them. We need to learn to live without the monoculture lawns to preserve our bugs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Charlie's Weed Control out of Newcastle??
    By SoonerDave in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2018, 11:38 AM
  2. What do people around here refer to lawn weed control and fertilizer as?
    By wasalurker in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-21-2018, 02:22 PM
  3. Need lawn weed control service recommendation - OKC
    By SoonerDave in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 09:14 AM
  4. Lawn fertilization.....water in or no?
    By Achilleslastand in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 11:30 AM
  5. weed control
    By bunchakids in forum Businesses & Employers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO