Widgets Magazine

Thread: Duck Pond N-OKC

Default Duck Pond N-OKC

Hey All...

I wasn't sure where to place this question so I'll start here.

The duck pond on West Wilshire Blvd..... right at the intersection of West Wilshire Blvd and Elmwood Ave. Just to the East of Hefner Parkway and West of N.May Ave . My wife and I go there to enjoy a nice quiet evening and sometimes feed the ducks.

We haven't been in a few months and tonight while we were there we noticed a plastic bouquet of flowers with a solar panel and a clear plastic cross on top of the flowers. I guess at night the cross will glow from the saved energy in the solar panels.

Anyways....it looks like a marker/ memorial site. It looks fairly new and I don't remember anyone be killed or murdered there? Maybe a loved one's marker who use to enjoy the duck pond? Any information on this???

Thanks!!

In this picture...facing East, looking at the pond. The green cedar tree to the left of the sidewalk....just a little down the hill behind the cedar tree is the marker.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/W+...!4d-97.5749705

Default Re: Duck Pond N-OKC

I'm pretty sure they pulled a car out of there, with the body of a deceased woman. (many years ago) I'm not sure, that's what the memorial is from...but the car had been in there for 40+ something years, and was discovered, when they were building the hefner parkway. (If I recall)

It was discussed some in this thread: http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=35065&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by Cohiba View Post
    Hey All...

I wasn't sure where to place this question so I'll start here.

The duck pond on West Wilshire Blvd..... right at the intersection of West Wilshire Blvd and Elmwood Ave. Just to the East of Hefner Parkway and West of N.May Ave . My wife and I go there to enjoy a nice quiet evening and sometimes feed the ducks.

We haven't been in a few months and tonight while we were there we noticed a plastic bouquet of flowers with a solar panel and a clear plastic cross on top of the flowers. I guess at night the cross will glow from the saved energy in the solar panels.

Anyways....it looks like a marker/ memorial site. It looks fairly new and I don't remember anyone be killed or murdered there? Maybe a loved one's marker who use to enjoy the duck pond? Any information on this???

Thanks!!

In this picture...facing East, looking at the pond. The green cedar tree to the left of the sidewalk....just a little down the hill behind the cedar tree is the marker.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/W+...!4d-97.5749705
    The duck pond that had a car pulled out of it in the 1990s was to the west of the parkway. The pond is still there and what used to be the path of Lakeshore/Wilshire is now the bike path. The theory was that on the return they missed the right curve and drive straight into the pond. The dam was broken when they were removing Wilshire to build the parkway and partially drained the pond - revealing the submerged car in the process. Wicked chain of events.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	15594

^^^^^ Exactly^^^^^

In the picture posted^^^^ The place I'm talking about is NE of the blue circled area.....at the end of Elmwood Ave.

Thread Information