Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bar Cicchetti

Default Re: Bar Cicchetti

Lack of access to Deep Deuce relative to Midtown or Automobile Alley is pretty tough, I think. Deep Deuce to me is a part of OKC that is crying out for more programming to get people into the neighborhood. OK Sessions put on some nice small-scale music festivals there in the summer of 2018 that were fairly well-attended, but I assume they must have lost the funding to keep it going this past summer.

Shade structure is up on the patio. Should help in creating a more sitting on a patio vibe, rather than parking spot vibe.

It is difficult to see inside with the new wall at the entrance as it leaves only the windows to see in and those are already partially covered by stairs. But it looks like it is struggling.

3. Default Re: Bar Cicchetti

I feel like the extreme tint on the windows is problematic. If I wasn't on these forums I would have no idea the place was even open just walking past it.

We went last Friday with some friends and everyone had mixed feelings. Some of the dishes were excellent (burger, fish, cauliflower), but the service was terrible. They messed up my bouillabaisse by bringing it out with missing components and the dish they served it in made the broth too spread out which meant it got cold rather quickly. The server's knowledge of the beer menu and cuts of meat left a lot to be desired. We will give them 1 more try, mostly because we have gift certificates to use, and are hoping for a better experience.

I noticed it looks like they plumbed the old Urban Johnnie gas fireplace that was outside and never on, into the shade structure. So looks like some type of heating element will eventually be added.

Anyone been here recently? Curious if there have been any changes since opening.

We went the first week or so they opened and while we enjoyed it, we have not been back. Nothing on the menu really screamed at me but I'm sure we just need to try a few more things on the menu.

I was there last night and loved it.

Food was good, service was great, space is gorgeous and when the game came on, they fired up the big screen

The space is Gorgeous! Other restaurants should take note. A good design can make up for a multitude of other sins.

I loved it when I went there, but a deep deuce resident friend of mine keeps mentioning that they're always out of stuff?

Went here for lunch today and was very impressed with the space. It would be a great place to watch a game or just lounge casually. The food I had was very good. I’ll be going back.

Their chicken veggie sandwich is among the best sandwiches I've eaten in this town hands down.

It's a great place, come see me down the road @ Stag tue-sat. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    I feel like the extreme tint on the windows is problematic. If I wasn't on these forums I would have no idea the place was even open just walking past it.
    Great point. Are they going for a speakeasy feel? Weird choice for such a large space. Also, their logo sucks.

Still, this is one of the best drink and eat places to open in OKC in the last year and I will continue to be a patron.

It's mind-blowing that they'd spend $ on the buildout and then hide it with the window tint. I know business associates that didn't go who were staying at the Aloft because they couldn't tell if it was busy or not (or what it was).

I hope they're successful but the couple times I've been have been forgettable and the place was dead...

HangryHippo Guest

I agree about the tint. They need to redo it with something lighter so you can actually see in.

17. Default Re: Bar Cicchetti

Sweet Deal right now $50 for $25. I picked up 2...

https://www.sweetdeals.com/oklahoma-...zJWvf3TtxER_ps

Went here for the first time. The window tint is gone on the groundfloor and you can now see activity inside.

Vibe: It had just rained so it killed the patio. Although I feel as if the staff would've had time to dry off any chairs/tables and blast the heaters + fans to help dry and it would have made the patio do-able. We went in around 6:30pm last night and it had stopped raining well before that. They do live music Thursdays, so that all got shoved inside which was sort of strange considering they blast music over the speakers in there. Not even joking, they were playing early 2000s top-40 music whilst a harp and flute were playing upstairs. I don't know if the staff even realized there was live music up there, but it seemed really disorganized from that standpoint.

Service: was great for us, even though you could tell they were short-staffed. The GM was running food and taking orders. The Bartop was barely occupied, so drinks came to tables fast. There was a mistake on our bill, which was corrected and the item was then cut by 50% by their own doing.

Food: was way better than I was expecting. Had the artichoke dip, fried chicken, mac & cheese, and crab lasagna. Dessert we had both the cookie + gelatin & the bread pudding. The bread-pudding was absolutely amazing, and GIGANTIC.

Price: All that food plus 3 drinks was only $100. On the menu it looks like they have some great happy hour specials on drinks & some of the food items, will definitely be returning for those on the patio.

Thread Information