Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Ellison

1. Default Re: The Ellison

So nice to have that in this area of the city. It should be very successful. It will be Nichols Hills' extra bedroom.

Default Re: The Ellison

Beautiful Ellison Hotel set to open

The Ellison, a 120-room boutique hotel at 6201 N. Western, is applying the finishing touches as it nears completion

The property is located west of the sprawling Chesapeake Energy campus, directly north of Whole Foods and adjacent to Classen Curve.

The featured restaurant, Milo, will open first on November 22nd, featuring the accomplished chef Josh Valentine. The entire hotel will open on December 12th.

The property also features a bar near the lobby with another on the elevated pool deck. The restaurants, bar and pool area will be open to the public.

A gym is located on the second level overlooking the Chesapeake campus. A Board Room and meeting/banquet room are on the same level (last photo below).

The property is part of Marriott's Tribute Portfolio.

Booking and more information: https://ellisonhotel.com/ .

Wow! That would be an awesome place to stay. Love that rooftop pool area.

^

The pool deck and bar offer a surprisingly great view of the skyline and surrounding area.

This place is going to be a magnet for locals as the restaurant also looks like it will be top-flight.

5. Default Re: The Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This place is going to be a magnet for locals as the restaurant also looks like it will be top-flight.
    I recommend getting over there sooner, rather than later, to give Milo a try..... Josh Valentine is an amazing chef but based on his history he won't stick around very long before he moves along to another concept..... The meal I had at The George that had Valentine and Shelby Sieg at the helm still stands as one of the most amazing meals I've ever eaten.

The hotel officially opened yesterday.

I've got to think they're going to be closed for a while to get rid of smoke smell/damage, right?

With the Canton billowing smoke for 30+ hours so close, I don't see how anybody would want to go in there. Unless they had amazingly perfect air envelope and super HEPA filters running... it's got to smell absolutely awful in there right now.

Sad this all happened the way it did.

I heard this morning that they will be temporarily closed for an unknown period of time as they deal with the smoke-related issues / damage. Their HVAC was (or still is) sucking smoke in, as well as other issues. Really sad deal all around.

I guess we will have to cancel our Valentine's reservations at Milo.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't cancel until they make you. In case things are back open by then.

I've heard that they will be closed for 6+ months as the smoke damage is significant and will require a lot of remediation and replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I've heard that they will be closed for 6+ months as the smoke damage is significant and will require a lot of remediation and replacement.
    What a complete bummer, especially for the developers/owners who worked to finally get this project open after years of planning and hard work.

What happens to the staff? Sad deal all around.

Man that is awful, I really hope it's not that long.

This article says closed until the spring:

https://okcfox.com/news/local/elliso...re-matt-cowden

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This article says closed until the spring:

https://okcfox.com/news/local/elliso...re-matt-cowden
    so in 1 to 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    so in 1 to 3 months
    Would be much better than the 6 months I had heard. I heard that from someone who be very involved in the timeline, but at that point I'm sure they didn't really have an idea.

Just checked in with one of the owners who said they are just starting the remediation process and hope it will only take a couple of months.

However, if it is determined that furniture needs to be replaced, that could take much longer.

They just announced on social media they will reopen the hotel and restaurant on May 2nd.

They just announced on social media they will reopen the hotel and restaurant on May 2nd.
    great news

A reminder that The Ellison, Milo and their lobby bar and rooftop/poolside bar and lounge are now completely reopened.

I'm sure they would appreciate some support after having to close not long after finally getting open, due to the massive fire at the Canton apartments next door.

A reminder that The Ellison, Milo and their lobby bar and rooftop/poolside bar and lounge are now completely reopened.

I'm sure they would appreciate some support after having to close not long after finally getting open, due to the massive fire at the Canton apartments next door.
    We're having a cocktail party at the rooftop bar for our 30th high school reunion this summer. Really looking forward to it!

Their first rooftop event:

Our event is Saturday evening on the rooftop. Hopefully it's not 120 degrees up there.

The general manager of this hotel has been named as Marriott’s General Manager of the Year:

The general manager of The Ellison Hotel in Oklahoma City, Matt Cowden, has been recognized as General Manager of the Year 2022 by Marriott International.

The Ellison's guest survey responses lead the Tribute Portfolio in several key categories: intent to recommend, staff service, hotel cleanliness, and food and beverage.

Cowden said he accepted the recognition as a tribute to the team of associates he works with.

“When I received this award, it was just everything about what our team has done and I was just honored to accept that on their behalf because they are the reasons we’ve been successful, that we’ve been able to reopen and just continue our guest service,” he said.

He said The Ellison Hotel has one of the highest guest satisfaction survey scores in the Tribute Portfolio brand.

Cowden has worked with The Ellison Hotel for two years. Each year Marriott invites general managers and directors of sales and marketing from the autograph collection and tribute hotels to come together.

“It’s a great opportunity to visit and talk about the brand’s best practices, what’s happening, what the hotel and average rate of occupancy across the country,” he said. “Just a phenomenal event to see and learn about some other hotels especially with their own brand of tribute.”

This year’s event was held in El Paso, Texas.

The Ellison Hotel was forced to shut its doors in February due to a fire at a neighboring apartment complex that brought smoke remediation. The hotel reopened in May.

“We retained 85% of our original associates and team,” he added.
    - https://www.velocityokc.com/blog/dev...ack=super_blog

Thread Information