Widgets Magazine

Thread: Best Cheap Breakfast.

Default Best Cheap Breakfast.

I'm a huge fan of going out for breakfast but also don't like to spend a lot for breakfast. Eggs, potatoes, bacon, pancake mix is all kind of cheap. Really you can make it at home for cheap and sometimes do. That being all said where is your go to cheap breakfast spot. I have seen a bunch of Denny's commercials lately for their $5.99 slam breakfast and tired it a few weeks ago and just that MEH. I really like Jimmy's egg better and with coupons I sometimes get from them it can be cheap. I like Classen Grill, they are pretty good. Jim's Dinner is good. What else is out there that people like that has good prices?

Default Re: Best Cheap Breakfast.

Ozzie's in the Norman airport, though I think it's currently closed for renovations.

Sherri's Diner on SW 59th and Jim's Country Cafe on Western are both excellent and inexpensive. Of course, there is also Jeff's on Classen that is cheap and decent. Sheri's biscuits though.......worth the trip

4. Default Re: Best Cheap Breakfast.

Ray's Cafe near May and 50th, and Hungry Frog at Penn and 10th are both great.

Good Gravy! Diner near Wiltshire & Western. https://goodgravy.business.site/

Everything is so good.

Nina's on Portland just South of N. 50th in the old Coit's is one of my favorite breakfast spots.

went to Nina's for the first time this past weeked I agree its a great spot.

I second Hungry Frog. Fantastic breakfast potatoes.

If you're ever on the west side of Norman in the morning, Juan Del Fuego has the best breakfast potatoes in the Metro, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    If you're ever on the west side of Norman in the morning, Juan Del Fuego has the best breakfast potatoes in the Metro, IMO
    Can second this. This place and Ozzie's are great breakfast places, and are not super expensive.

Joey's Cafe on 122nd & May is excellent. The crab Louie omelet is one of our go-to's when we dine out for breakfast.

I don't consider it to be inexpensive but I also don't consider it expensive. Their prices seem to on par with other breakfast diners we've been to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Tamales with green sauce, eggs and Juan’s potatoes 👍

Can't say enough good about Good Gravy on 80th and N. Western. Oodles of different gravies (47 distinct flavors). Breakfasts of every size, for every pocketbook. Great burgers. Homemade fries and potato chips. Best chicken strips in town. Absolutely the best Club Sandwich. Great service... especially if you like sassy waitresses. Sometimes there's a wait to get in, but it's worth it. It's the kind of place where they'll remember you after you've been there a few times, remember your favorites and what you like to drink, and have it on the table by the time you get comfy in your chair.

Quote Originally Posted by jennydahl View Post
    Can't say enough good about Good Gravy on 80th and N. Western. Oodles of different gravies (47 distinct flavors). Breakfasts of every size, for every pocketbook. Great burgers. Homemade fries and potato chips. Best chicken strips in town. Absolutely the best Club Sandwich. Great service... especially if you like sassy waitresses. Sometimes there's a wait to get in, but it's worth it. It's the kind of place where they'll remember you after you've been there a few times, remember your favorites and what you like to drink, and have it on the table by the time you get comfy in your chair.
    We went twice and were unimpressed by the gravy - seems like they just take a base gravy and throw something in it and it's now a new flavor, instead of cooking the item *with* the gravy from the beginning, so the gravy's not really infused with the flavor. A few others I've spoken to that have gone there have supported this opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I second Hungry Frog. Fantastic breakfast potatoes.
    And the best ham steak in town.

Thread Information