Widgets Magazine

Thread: NW 27th & McKinley

1. Asian District NW 27th & McKinley

Anyone have information on these four new homes near OCU? Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2609.JPG 
Views:	244 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	15579

Default Re: NW 27th & McKinley

I believe these are by the Omega Development Company. They're currently attempting a similar development of three homes in Linwood Place (and being opposed by the Neighborhood Association).

3. Default Re: NW 27th & McKinley

These didn't get a lot of love on OKCTalk until the Grandmark thread so I'm bumping this here:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...82157486_zpid/

Common Works do some great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    I believe these are by the Omega Development Company. They're currently attempting a similar development of three homes in Linwood Place (and being opposed by the Neighborhood Association).
    lol, why is Linwood protesting? They worried about their property values going up too much?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    lol, why is Linwood protesting? They worried about their property values going up too much?
    Haha,exactly this.

I followed this Linwood protest pretty closely because i found it fascinating that people were absolutely losing their minds over a pretty fantastic infill proposal. Even live streamed the planning commission meeting to listen to all the NIMBYS talk about "saving" the neighborhood.

That actually sounds like a really lame thing to follow when i type it out like that. I may need a new hobby :/

It was more a precedent concern with context/character of the neighborhood. Which I can understand, and I do think the revised proposal is more in keeping. Linwood's far enough out of the action that it's not really screaming for density yet. It'll be a nice project.

8. Default Re: NW 27th & McKinley

It just seemed like a weird property grab/flip. The design was pretty jarring, especially jamming three houses onto a single lot in a neighborhood where most houses are on double lots. The new design with just two houses that maintains the street offset is being more accepted.

I went by the open house Sunday. The 2 bed smaller house seems larger. It fits the size better. Nice finishes and a good design.

Wasn't too hot on the upstairs bathroom flooring. The houses have color schemes and the tile upstairs matched. I can see this could get dated quickly.

If the two bed had another 150 sq ft with a 2 car garage, I would probably buy.

Thread Information