Widgets Magazine

Thread: Atwoods

Far West Atwoods

Atwoods to build first OKC location

Atwoods, a farm, ranch and home supplier based in Enid, is planning its first Oklahoma City store.

Founded in 1960, the family-owned company operates 63 stores in 5 states.

Plans have been submitted for a large 63,169 square foot store on the northeast corner of SW 15th and Czech Hall Road.

As they've grown as a company, Atwoods has added several product lines and now features clothing, footwear, farm & ranch, pet, tools & hardware, lawn & garden, power equipment and automotive, outdoor recreation, home and outdoor living.

The new location shows a large garden center as part of the 1.346-acre development.

In the era of big-box national chain stores, Atwoods prides itself on friendly staff and customer service while offering competitive pricing.

2. Default Re: Atwoods

If it is like all the other Atwoods it will do really well. Always busy

Default Re: Atwoods

Excellent. Looking forward to this.

Yea !!!!!

Interesting to see that Atwoods bought the land. Would have thought they would be more interested in a build-to-suit type situation.

Was there not one in Norman?

7. Default Re: Atwoods

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Was there not one in Norman?
    There is still one in Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    There is still one in Norman.
    That's what I thought. So this is store is only new to OKC proper?

9. Default Re: Atwoods

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    That's what I thought. So this is store is only new to OKC proper?
    Correct.

Atwood's will be a very nice add to OKC and something not yet there.

There are several locations around Oklahoma. I visited the one in Shawnee a long time ago. It’s kind of like Tractor Supply, but bigger.

Yea! I've shopped at many of the locations around the state. Didn't there used to be one in Yukon at Vandament and Garth Brooks? If not, there was a similar farm store there for a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    There are several locations around Oklahoma. I visited the one in Shawnee a long time ago. It’s kind of like Tractor Supply, but bigger.
    They usually go into buildings vacated by Walmart or Kmart etc, But I noticed that they're building more ground up stores now.

14. Default Re: Atwoods

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    They usually go into buildings vacated by Walmart or Kmart etc, But I noticed that they're building more ground up stores now.
    They announced one for Ardmore last year but I have yet to see any movement on the lot..... Plenty of competition for that type of store down there already though with Agri-Products, Tractor Supply, McCoy's, and Orshcheln's already in town.

In the Mustang paper today it says a new Atwoods is being built in Yukon off of NW10th and West End Pointe Dr. Says it will be between Okie Express and Avid Hotel.

So does that mean that this one on Czech Hall is no longer? I can't imagine them building 2 this close.

Is this store still being built? If so, any info on opening date?

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Is this store still being built? If so, any info on opening date?
    They are building one just up the road in Westend Point in Yukon. It should be completed real soon.

Thread Information