Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NW 192nd and N May

1. Default Re: NW 192nd and N May

I wonder what came of it since the meeting was Sept 13.

Default Re: NW 192nd and N May

3. Default Re: NW 192nd and N May

Side rant, it always makes me laugh when someone moves to a certain area to have their children attend a certain school. However, when an apt complex is built and maybe someone who can't afford a home wants to give their children the same opportunity, they basically get looked down upon. C'mon people.

I had occasion to drive by it the other day.

Looks like they broke ground, and there is tons of pipe and construction materials stacked on the location. I'm guessing they got some sort of green light.

It's called 35° North @ Deer Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Side rant, it always makes me laugh when someone moves to a certain area to have their children attend a certain school. However, when an apt complex is built and maybe someone who can't afford a home wants to give their children the same opportunity, they basically get looked down upon. C'mon people.
    They don't want the apartment dwellers there, but they don't want to come out and say it. Instead they blame over burdening Deer Creek school system instead, the whole time ignoring the fact that all those housing additions that keep sprouting up out there put far more load on the system than that apartment complex will.

7. Default Re: NW 192nd and N May

Exactly. Like I said before the density of Valencia and the Grove is probably greater than these apt complexes lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    It is zoned R-4. So it would be allowed.

The R-4 District is a higher density residential district which encourages multiple-family and group residential developments, and represents a broad variety of housing types and densities. The regulations are designed to facilitate infill residential development and development close to non-residential uses.
    Yep. You're right. Shortly after I posted I was able to dig up the rest of the documentation I was looking for on this and it wouldn't let me go back and edit for some reason.

It appears that the complex was part of the design from the get-go. In my professional life I deal with a lot of infrastructure planning and analytics and, based on what I can see from the initial information, the apartment complex would actually result in less overall population increase compared to if it was developed to the same lot and home size standards as the rest of the subdivision. While I certainly feel bad for the immediately adjacent property owners, I'm not sure that the arguments about strain on infrastructure, etc. will have much merit if there's anybody in the room that has any planning/development background at all.

Quote Originally Posted by eventide451 View Post
    Yep. You're right. Shortly after I posted I was able to dig up the rest of the documentation I was looking for on this and it wouldn't let me go back and edit for some reason.

It appears that the complex was part of the design from the get-go. In my professional life I deal with a lot of infrastructure planning and analytics and, based on what I can see from the initial information, the apartment complex would actually result in less overall population increase compared to if it was developed to the same lot and home size standards as the rest of the subdivision. While I certainly feel bad for the immediately adjacent property owners, I'm not sure that the arguments about strain on infrastructure, etc. will have much merit if there's anybody in the room that has any planning/development background at all.
    Lol, why feel bad for the immediately adjacent property owners when it's clearly stated in Post #19 that plans for apartments at this intersection have been known since at least 2009? Good grief.

Thread Information