Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burger Punk

Default Burger Punk

It looks like Burger Punk has filed permits for a brick and mortar location at 3012 N Walker.

Default Re: Burger Punk

Saw that in the paper. Anybody know anything?

Its a food truck currently. From Dec:

The eye-catching truck usually hangs out around Ponyboy and at breweries on the weekends, but, in true millennial fashion, you can always find its location by following the truck on Instagram @burgerpunkokc. The no-fuss menu offers six burgers, including the Eggy Pop with fried egg and marmalade, the Clash with nacho Doritos, lime and jalapeno, and the Green Daze, a veggie delight with “punk sauce” and dill pickles.

For a side, there are crinkle fries, with a loaded option including all the fixin’s. Finish with a fountain drink or a Punk Shake (vanilla ice cream, Butterfinger pieces and caramel), and you’ll be hooked for life. burgerpunkokc.com.

https://www.okmag.com/blog/2018/12/2...messin-around/

Given the theme of the food truck, hopefully they will utilize the stage in the brick-and-mortar location.

5. Default Re: Burger Punk

Right down the street from the casa?! Love it!

Sweet! that corner needs something, hopefully it helps out the Mexican place.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    Sweet! that corner needs something, hopefully it helps out the Mexican place.
    I haven't been in recently, but I drive/walk by fairly often and from what I've seen, business at The Mayan has at least picked up somewhat after the Red Rooster opened several months back.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I haven't been in recently, but I drive/walk by fairly often and from what I've seen, business at The Mayan has at least picked up somewhat after the Red Rooster opened several months back.
    I haven’t been since it rebranded but multiple friends that live in the neighborhood have said it’s very solid (recognizing we’re talking very casual Mexican food - Barrios it is not, for better or worse). Need to give it a try again soon.

Another restaurant and bar for The Paseo

The once-sleepy Paseo District is arguably the hottest area of town, with yet another bar and restaurant in the works.

Hot on the heels of a flying start of Gun Izakaya, 84 Hospitality Group is planning a brick and mortar location for its popular Burger Punk food truck.

Work has already started at 3012 N. Walker, space formerly occupied by The Root and just south of the Mayan Taqueria.

Proprietor Rachel Cope refers to all her concepts – Empire Slice House, Goro Ramen, Revolucion, Gun – as “social dining” and true to form, Burger Punk will have a large bar and an outdoor patio on the south end of the building.

Cope says the new spot “will be like Empire and Shake Shack had a baby” when it opens in early December.

The simple menu will be similar to the food truck (fresh burgers, crinkle fries and shakes) with a few new additions.

The bar will have a heavy focus on whiskey with a larger beer selection.

Demolition work has already started at the space.

10. Default Re: Burger Punk

Calling it Empire meets Shake Shake is enough to get me on board!

What aspects of Empire have to do with a burger place? The environment, physical restaurant design itself, the operating philosophy, ingredients, ...?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    What aspects of Empire have to do with a burger place? The environment, physical restaurant design itself, the operating philosophy, ingredients, ...?
    Burgers are just pizza variants.

Decor, edginess, etc.

I'm a huge fan of their burgers. The chef is Andrew Eskridge ("Best of OKC" nominated chef from The Jones Assembly) and he has created one of my favorite burgers in the city, The Clash, which has nacho cheese doritos and cilantro on it. Sounds dumb, but is delicious. I'm pretty sure s&b has "borrowed" some ideas from Eskridge for their monthly specials, but they wouldn't admit to that.

Their brick and mortar opens tomorrow (Wed) at 4PM.

I would like to see a better connection between the corner where this place is and the central Paseo drag. They just seem like complete separate areas even though they are a small block away.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I would like to see a better connection between the corner where this place is and the central Paseo drag. They just seem like complete separate areas even though they are a small block away.
    There is a big streetscape project in the works. Money has already been allocated by the city.

New patio going in:

That patio will be a great addition... maybe they can get the city to add a sidewalk too. Lol. I know Councilman Cooper has been on top of this, but the sidewalks on Walker between 32nd and 23rd desperately need to be repaved. This is a super walkable neighborhood with some of the worst, most dangerous sidewalks I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    That patio will be a great addition... maybe they can get the city to add a sidewalk too. Lol. I know Councilman Cooper has been on top of this, but the sidewalks on Walker between 32nd and 23rd desperately need to be repaved. This is a super walkable neighborhood with some of the worst, most dangerous sidewalks I've seen.
    All of the main Paseo shopping/retail sidewalks are horrible, not just Walker. He lives in the Paseo, so I'm sure he's aware, not sure if he can speed things up or reprioritize, but yeah, they need to be fixed ASAP.

^

The city has allocated money to completely redo all the sidewalks in the Paseo and some other pedestrian amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

The city has allocated money to completely redo all the sidewalks in the Paseo and some other pedestrian amenities.
    Figured it'd be part of Better Streets..., but this is something different specific to the Paseo? If so, you know the timeline?

Figured it'd be part of Better Streets..., but this is something different specific to the Paseo? If so, you know the timeline?
    Yes, specific to Paseo.

They have been working on plans with the merchants.

84 Hospitality is expanding yet again, this time a new Burger Punk location in the heart of the Britton District.

Burger Punk will be taking the old Venn Pizza space at 915 W. Britton. Since the space is already finished out beautifully, they hope to be open within 90 days.

The burger place with a heavy bar emphasis will join other popular established businesses such as El Coyote, Madhopper Brewing, Woodworks Distillery, Zero Tolerance Coffee and many others.

84 Hospitality also operates Empire Slice House, Empire Slice Shop, Rev, Burger Punk and Goro Ramen in the Paseo, and the newly-opened Remix Ramen in the Edmond Railyard.

Total anecdata coming in: I live near the Paseo Burger Punk and I know no single person that eats there. You will find vocal advocates of Tuckers, New State, Sun Cattle Company, Bar Abolata, but not a single person in real life has ever mentioned enjoying Burger Punk. I went once and it was fine.

The other concepts by this group are popular in my circles, just not Burger Punk...yet it is successful enough to add a location. So who is going?

Thread Information