Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yo! Pablo

Default Re: Yo! Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by OKC4me View Post
    Ate here last week for lunch. Was really excited to finally give it a shot. My wife and I left mad!
    I had a power bowl and my wife ordered a salad. The girl taking our order acted really annoyed we were there and never said thanks, hi, smiled, nothing. She alone was enough for me to leave. Anyway, we ordered it to go and after waiting 15 minutes, we went up to the counter and asked if they forgot about us. She just rudely said they are working on it. After 25 minutes, I went up and asked for a refund, we had to go! She told us it was almost done and the cook was actually working on it.
    The cook put a few more meals on the window counter, but it wasn't ours. After 32 minutes, the girl puts my order on the counter and turns around and walks off without saying anything! That really ticked me off! I spent $24 for a salad and power bowl, and got super attitude for free! I was really frustrated and will not be back to the location ever.
    I'm trying to decide if I want to try again with the Covell location......
    Holy Cow, this mirrors our exact experience here. I can't believe it. The girl there acted as if she were annoyed we were there and was less than helpful. Same wait and everything for what shouldn't have taken even half the time it did. The sad thing this similar scenario happened to us on both visits. We haven't been back. We really enjoyed the food when we got it. It really left us so soured that even though the location at Covell and Kelly has opened -- which is closer to us -- we haven't been in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Holy Cow, this mirrors our exact experience here. I can't believe it. The girl there acted as if she were annoyed we were there and was less than helpful. Same wait and everything for what shouldn't have taken even half the time it did. The sad thing this similar scenario happened to us on both visits. We haven't been back. We really enjoyed the food when we got it. It really left us so soured that even though the location at Covell and Kelly has opened -- which is closer to us -- we haven't been in yet.
    Went to the rockwell & 122 location for our 2nd trip. Super slow service. No one in line when we walked in and only 2 tables seated with customers. One table was dirty plenty of time to get it bussed but it was still left messy at the time we left. The one thing that really gets me is the 1 tortilla tacos! The carnitas soaked through and was about to fall out the bottom when picked up. Street tacos I've had anywhere else have 2 or more tortillas. They were not flavorful at all this time. The 1st time was really good that's why we gave it a 2nd go. We have decided to take Yo off our list of eats. Just not enough for the money for the food / service wise for me.

3. Default Re: Yo! Pablo

The one in Norman has gone to only late night service. 7pm to 2am on Thursday to Saturday. Closed the rest of the week. Ain't no way they are going to make it now.

It's a club disguised as a restaurant.

Lots of people do this to get around a straight ABC-3 license.

5. Default Re: Yo! Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's a club disguised as a restaurant.

Lots of people do this to get around a straight ABC-3 license.
    Ah interesting to know!

Most these places operate on ABC-2 liquor licenses, which dictate more than half of revenue must be generated by food sales. The license runs with the property, not the operator, so when someone new moves into a space, they can make use of an ABC-2 license that pre-existed. Also true for ABC-3 (which doesn't require any food sales at all), but those are far less common

However, this doesn't seem to be enforced in any way.

As an example, Kong's in Midtown operates on an existing ABC-2 license and if you've ever been in there, you'd know it's completely laughable to think they even do 10% in food sales. Many other places are similar, such as Up-Down in the Plaza and Sunset in Midtown.

Did Yo!Pablo at 33rd and Boulevard finally go out of business? There's a dumpster in front of the main doors. If so, that location is cursed. Kamps, Hangry Hippo, Yo pablo, can anything work in that spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Did Yo!Pablo at 33rd and Boulevard finally go out of business? There's a dumpster in front of the main doors. If so, that location is cursed. Kamps, Hangry Hippo, Yo pablo, can anything work in that spot?
    That location is no longer on their website, so it looks like its a goner.

That location is no longer on their website, so it looks like its a goner.
    Sign on the building says Meiji Ramen Bar is coming soon.

Hope they have more luck than their predecessors. Maybe Natural Grocers should take over the spot and have vegetarian cafe/kombucha bar.

The Yo Pablo location on Covell in Edmond closed.

I was told they called their employees on Thanksgiving and told them not to come in today.

The Yo Pablo location on Covell in Edmond closed.

I was told they called their employees on Thanksgiving and told them not to come in today.
    Classy. What a trainwreck.

That sucks. I had a feeling this was coming for some reason. Sometimes it had good business and sometimes it didn’t. The consistency of the food wasn’t as good as the original location. I think some of these local chains shouldn’t be so quick to spread around the metro.

Yes this place really was a train wreck.

I'm hoping an established local chain will come in now that a restaurant has already retrofitted the place with kitchen equipment, etc. I'd love for something like Tucker's to come in there!

Is the Rockwell/122nd location closed? I have driven by a few times and noticed they weren't open during normal operating times.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Is the Rockwell/122nd location closed? I have driven by a few times and noticed they weren't open during normal operating times.
    I called yesterday and they were open.

I went once. The food was okay. I'm just not a fan of that kind of restaurant.

The whole tip line on the check for a restaurant where you order from the counter and refill your own drinks just doesn't make sense--but I still feel like a cheapskate when I don't tip the wait staff 15% even though they put in a similar amount of work as a Sonic carhop, i.e., they just bring me the food.

I drove by the 122nd and Rockwell location tonight and it looked like they were taking down signage. We personally like the place so it would be a bummer if it’s closing.

I took both of these tonight (Wed 11/30)...

Original location on Olie:

122nd & Rockwell:

The food was always pretty good, but the service was abysmal at best. We stopped going about a year ago after we showed up for a pick up lunch order and they hadn't started making it yet.

Looks like their website is down as well. I wonder if the Norman location on Campus Corner will be following suit.

Quote Originally Posted by dheinz44 View Post
    Looks like their website is down as well. I wonder if the Norman location on Campus Corner will be following suit.
    I was told they are "closed for the holidays".

They also have a location under construction in Mustang but work seems to have stalled.

This is the same group that recently closed Glam, Steak the Experience, Pig & Butcher and others.

I was told they are "closed for the holidays".

They also have a location under construction in Mustang but work seems to have stalled.

This is the same group that recently closed Glam, Steak the Experience, Pig & Butcher and others.
    Have they had any successful operations?

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Have they had any successful operations?
    Pink Parrot in Bricktown but they recently sold that to try and stay afloat.

I would love if the Norman location was closed and turned into something else. That space has so much more potential than what its currently being used as.

Thread Information