Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yo! Pablo

Default Re: Yo! Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Closing I believe.
    Absolutely not true.

Just Kids Pediatrics is building a new office across the street. Yo Pablo must be moving in their old space.

Quote Originally Posted by KTB View Post
    Just Kids Pediatrics is building a new office across the street. Yo Pablo must be moving in their old space.
    My source now says that may be the case.

I apologize for the confusion. I went by a few days ago and Ninja Sushi seemed to be going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    My source now says that may be the case.

I apologize for the confusion. I went by a few days ago and Ninja Sushi seemed to be going strong.
    Nhinja is moving their location on Rockwell & 122nd from the shopping center to the old Arby's.

The 2nd Yo Pablo is now open at 12305 N. Rockwell.

They are opening a new location in the old Covell Park location at Covell and Kelley in Edmond.

So that will make spot #4? Wow that’s a quick expansion. Is it that good? I need to try it.

^

3 spots:

N. Ollie
    Rockwell & 122nd
    Covell & Kelley

Same group is also opening Chico Blanco in Bricktown.

I thought they are also taking the prior Just For Kids spot on N May? Did that fall through?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    I thought they are also taking the prior Just For Kids spot on N May? Did that fall through?
    I was mistaken about that one.

I went about a week after they opened the Rockwell location.

The food was okay. I can see this being a first week issue. Meat was a little cold and bland. I'm sure it will improve.

The environment was... interesting. They had a DJ playing on a Tuesday night. I'm not sure if this is an every night thing or just Taco Tuesdays and weekends?

I'm really happy with this place, definitely a Midtown vibe in the suburbs, which is really appreciated.

Has anyone been to the 33rd and Eastern location yet? I feel like that location is cursed. Kamps, wicked hangry, etc

Yo Pablo on Covell has opened

The location on Western by the Panera Bread that closed, is awesome. Have ordered the Birria Quesadilla many times and it's always perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Has anyone been to the 33rd and Eastern location yet? I feel like that location is cursed. Kamps, wicked hangry, etc
    We went to that one and found it to be decidedly mediocre. No better than Torchy’s, although the drinks were strong af at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Yo Pablo on Covell has opened
    Went Saturday and it isn't open.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post
    We went to that one and found it to be decidedly mediocre. No better than Torchy’s, although the drinks were strong af at least.
    I like Torchys too. We checked this place out and liked that it was only corn tortillas and the roasted cauliflower taco, which was breaded and fried rather than roasted, was very good. The guy at the counter said they bought all the building to the south of them because they plan to expand the space. The bar was...weird. If you like tequila, mezcal and UFC sports this bar is for you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigSully View Post
    The location on Western by the Panera Bread that closed, is awesome. Have ordered the Birria Quesadilla many times and it's always perfect.
    I'll give it another try, but that hasn't been my experience there. Thought the tacos were OK only. Nothing special. I'm not a big drinker, so maybe drinking first helps.

My wife and I have given them two take out opportunities, both times the order for 4 tacos and chips and queso took over 45 minutes. I arrived to pick up the order the last time I went and they never even sent it to the kitchen. For my trouble of having to wait 20 additional minutes, they gave me a tea. With the amount of options we have in the metro, this will defiantly not be something I'll go for again. The food was okay, but nothing close to Fussy's, Torcheys, or They Mayan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    My wife and I have given them two take out opportunities, both times the order for 4 tacos and chips and queso took over 45 minutes. I arrived to pick up the order the last time I went and they never even sent it to the kitchen. For my trouble of having to wait 20 additional minutes, they gave me a tea. With the amount of options we have in the metro, this will defiantly not be something I'll go for again. The food was okay, but nothing close to Fussy's, Torcheys, or They Mayan.
    Same thing with my experiences here. Order online and show up at the time it gives when ordering which is usually 20-30 min out only to show up and have to wait another 20-25 min to get my food.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    My wife and I have given them two take out opportunities, both times the order for 4 tacos and chips and queso took over 45 minutes. I arrived to pick up the order the last time I went and they never even sent it to the kitchen. For my trouble of having to wait 20 additional minutes, they gave me a tea.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Same thing with my experiences here. Order online and show up at the time it gives when ordering which is usually 20-30 min out only to show up and have to wait another 20-25 min to get my food.
    Did you address this with the management?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Did you address this with the management?
    "I apologize about the wait, grab something to drink while you wait"

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Ate here last week for lunch. Was really excited to finally give it a shot. My wife and I left mad!
    I had a power bowl and my wife ordered a salad. The girl taking our order acted really annoyed we were there and never said thanks, hi, smiled, nothing. She alone was enough for me to leave. Anyway, we ordered it to go and after waiting 15 minutes, we went up to the counter and asked if they forgot about us. She just rudely said they are working on it. After 25 minutes, I went up and asked for a refund, we had to go! She told us it was almost done and the cook was actually working on it.
    The cook put a few more meals on the window counter, but it wasn't ours. After 32 minutes, the girl puts my order on the counter and turns around and walks off without saying anything! That really ticked me off! I spent $24 for a salad and power bowl, and got super attitude for free! I was really frustrated and will not be back to the location ever.
    I'm trying to decide if I want to try again with the Covell location......

Chico blanco makes me laugh every time I see it!

I've been meaning to try this place... think I'll cross it off my list based on this feedback! Way too many options to deal with this.

Yo Pablo is opening another location, this time on Campus Corner in Norman.

They are taking over the Seven 47 space.

Thread Information