Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I meant that as a reference to the efforts and financial efforts on the west coast where it has done nothing and the problem as gotten worse. I believe it is Seattle where the city has spent $100,000 per homeless resident and it has accomplished nothing.
It's actually gotten worse here. But that has more to do with liberal governing/enforcement (or lack thereof) than it does about the city helping the homeless (which I fully support). The homeless here are violent, very expressive, and get away with everything from public drunkenness, public urination/defecation, nudity, screaming/yelling, purposeful playing chicken with vehicles to actual drug dealing/consumption and criminal street crime (and all of this downtown btw). I don't think OKC has or will have Seattle's problem.

OKC is LONG behind other big cities with regard to municipal support for the homeless - this will help catch up a bit ($50M/2500 = $20,000 per homeless should go very far in OKC, esp when enhanced by private services (which Seattle has very little/none))..