Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Full list of proposed MAPS 4 projects

Default Re: Full list of proposed MAPS 4 projects

Is there a link to each committee's schedule, agenda and members? Google wasn't my friend on this.

Blog Entries

MAPS3 Re: Full list of proposed MAPS 4 projects

Oklahoma City's May Sales And Use Tax Summary

General Fund sales tax revenue is 2.1% (about $4.9 million) below the fiscal year-to-date projection.

https://patch.com/oklahoma/oklahoma-...se-tax-summary

It is time for this campaign! No more free money for these Charlatans

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eb7t0rPXsAgWkuW.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	16220

Blog Entries

Mr. Hunt, we just passed Federal Tax cuts for the ultra rich while many people in the $40,000 to $75,000 salary tax range are writing annual checks to the government because they no longer qualify for mortgage interests on their homes.

Please be specific about the free money the Thunder are receiving and if that free money is any different than the free money other NBA franchises are obtaining in their markets.

What does this have to do with the 'Full list of MAPS 4 Projects.'

5. Default Re: Full list of proposed MAPS 4 projects

Respectfully, maybe Mr. Hunt should move to a trailer in the woods outside Boley where nobody and no one will bother him and no charlatains will try 'n take his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Mr. Hunt, we just passed Federal Tax cuts for the ultra rich while many people in the $40,000 to $75,000 salary tax range are writing annual checks to the government because they no longer qualify for mortgage interests on their homes.

Please be specific about the free money the Thunder are receiving and if that free money is any different than the free money other NBA franchises are obtaining in their markets.

The mortgage interest deduction is now limited to the first $750k of principle.

No one who makes 75k would qualify for, say, a 900k mortgage.

A tax break cannot be given to someone that does not pay taxes. These are facts from the IRS from 2016 tax year.

In 2016, 140.9 million taxpayers reported earning $10.2 trillion in adjusted gross income and paid $1.4 trillion in individual income taxes.

The share of reported income earned by the top 1 percent of taxpayers fell slightly to 19.7 percent in 2016. Their share of federal individual income taxes fell slightly, to 37.3 percent.

In 2016, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 3 percent.

The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).

The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 26.9 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.7 percent).

Blog Entries

Mr. Hunt, I'm waiting on you to answer my question that you brought up about free money.

This question is for Mr. Hunt to answer since he brought this to our attention. Those of you are trying to muddy the water with gobbledygook, please allow Mr. Hunt answer.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Respectfully, maybe Mr. Hunt should move to a trailer in the woods outside Boley where nobody and no one will bother him and no charlatains will try 'n take his money.
    not much more infantile and hillbillyesque than the ol "love it or leave it" bs...

Mr. Hunt, I'm waiting on you to answer my question that you brought up about free money.

This question is for Mr. Hunt to answer since he brought this to our attention. Those of you are trying to muddy the water with gobbledygook, please allow Mr. Hunt answer.

Am I unaware of a cancellation of the "Quality Jobs Act" that makes it so where they pay negative state taxes? Also, and I'm sure you'll disagree, the Chesapeake Energy Arena and related facilities ($115 million) is a pretty good deal for them...

Sorry it took so long, this is a pretty negative place with some real low-lifes as you saw with the love it or leave it and taco bell nonsense from this trash can chamberbots..

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteveHunt View Post
    Am I unaware of a cancellation of the "Quality Jobs Act" that makes it so where they pay negative state taxes? Also, and I'm sure you'll disagree, the Chesapeake Energy Arena and related facilities ($115 million) is a pretty good deal for them...

Sorry it took so long, this is a pretty negative place with some real low-lifes as you saw with the love it or leave it and taco bell nonsense from this trash can chamberbots..
    they rent the arena

the quality jobs act arena?

the quality jobs act arena?
    A quality of life act. And it's well worth the investment IMO.

14. Default Re: Full list of proposed MAPS 4 projects

not much more infantile and hillbillyesque than the ol "love it or leave it" bs...
    Respectfully, Mr. Hunt, does the truth hurt?

The vast majority of citizens want good things and sometimes good things cost money , even taxpayer money. To attract private investment, sometimes the citizens have to show they are willing to invest, too, and share the risk.

If you feel your taxes are too high, that you don't want good things, good city services, good roads, good schools and to help spur private enterprise then a nice place out in the country may be your ticket. I'm a fiscal conservative usually, but there is a difference between paying for good services, being able to show potential investors pride in your city and just being an isolationist.

I'm certainly not a libertarian. Just not a big fan of radical austerity based neoliberalism.

16. Default Re: Full list of proposed MAPS 4 projects

NOT a fan of Radical austarity? That's exactly what you describe you want. Bare essentials only.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    NOT a fan of Radical austarity? That's exactly what you describe you want. Bare essentials only.
    Sounds like he is comfortable with the prospect of buying Salad Shrimp (Food Stamps, Healthcare, iPhones, etc.) on the taxpayer dime, but he isn’t necessarily cool with feeding Fantail Shrimp to Corporatists, particularly if that means less Salad Shrimp are appropriated.

lawl

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the diversion hub was going to be a physical building though this article says it’s open and functioning. Did I miss something?

https://www.velocityokc.com/blog/pol...ive-direction/

^

It is a physical building.

They took over a structure at 220 NW 10th, which is just south of Packard's and on the streetcar line.

https://okdiversionhub.org/

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

MAPS4 Re: Full list of proposed MAPS 4 projects

Artist's rendering of a proposed $17 million diversion hub that would "relieve pressure on the Oklahoma County jail and help low-level offenders establish a more productive life." Oklahoman[PROVIDED]

Blog Entries

In the jail trust meeting today they said the current population at the jail is 1792, though the designed capacity is 1200. Wonder if there's going to be 592 extra spots at the hub...

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    In the jail trust meeting today they said the current population at the jail is 1792, though the designed capacity is 1200. Wonder if there's going to be 592 extra spots at the hub...
    Luckily, the diversion hub is designed to look very similar to a jail, so it should be an easy transition.

Here is an update on all the projects from last week's MAPS 4 board meeting:

https://www.okctalk.com/content.php?...APS-4-Projects

Thread Information