Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Full list of proposed MAPS 4 projects

Default Re: Full list of proposed MAPS 4 projects

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    I got a third vote for maps flyer today. This is the second day in a row.
    Ditto. If it was such a good line item then it would sell itself. They are spending a ton of our tax money on this sales pitch trying to drum up votes. I think they should be required to give the opposition an equal amount of our tax money to campaign against it.

I need to invest in hemorrhoid pillows before the vote.

So far we've gotten about 6 small flyers, one or two bigger ones. Just recycled them because we're voting yes, and didn't even look at the names, probably for all the folks who lived here before us and are too stupid/uncaring to change their registration.

Progress isnt neoliberal economic development, progress is jobeth sitting in the seat that was once occupied by one of the disgraced architects of the Penn Square Bank debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Of course you voted no against progress. Some people do that. Fortunately there are those that understand what investment and leadership means.

Got more today. Our house has received 5 in the last 2-3 days, and I've already lost count of how many others I've tossed in the trash. Maybe up to 10 total now?

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Got more today. Our house has received 5 in the last 2-3 days, and I've already lost count of how many others I've tossed in the trash. Maybe up to 10 total now?
    Yea, they definitely nervous. Wouldn’t be putting on this kind of full court press if they weren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Yea, they definitely nervous. Wouldn’t be putting on this kind of full court press if they weren’t.
    Are you serious or is this tongue-in-cheek? The idea they are nervous is pretty funny. This is a very typical campaign for a MAPs vote. The team behind it (Chamber/CMA) always wage a serious campaign for it. Polling shows it passing in a landslide. They aren't nervous at all; they're just running a responsible campaign in that they're pushing the vote and aren't resting on their laurels.

Blog Entries

MAPS3 Re: Full list of proposed MAPS 4 projects

Election initiatives aren't something you want to take for granted which could cause voter turn out to become lackluster at the polls.

You know the 'No' vote will be there; unless they feel their 'No' vote won't matter. With 16 projects (most in MAPS history) valued at $978 million will have its support because of the magnitude and impact these projects will have on the future of OKC's neighborhoods & communities.

You can bet that the human needs groups will be getting their special interest vote out--Animal Shelter, Beautification, Diversion Hub, Family Justice, Freedom Center, Homelessness, Innovation District, Mental Health, Sidewalks, Streetlights, Bike lanes, Trails & related supporters to show up at the polls along with NBA Thunder fans, Energy FC soccer fans, State Fair Park & rodeo related interest groups who value the new coliseum & concert venue goers. Let's not forget the backing of the Chambers of Commerce. Probably why this MAPS is expected to pass with approval rates from 55% - 70% range.

Despite what the early results that various polls speculate; don't get complacent, please exercise responsibility--YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE.

Regular voting is 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday, December 10 at your usual polling location.

9. Default Re: Full list of proposed MAPS 4 projects

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteveHunt View Post
    Progress isnt neoliberal economic development, progress is jobeth sitting in the seat that was once occupied by one of the disgraced architects of the Penn Square Bank debacle.
    OMG that was in 1982! My hair was brown and l was good-looking! Move on, for Gods sake! Not to mention most all of those folks are incontinent or dead.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    So while I've read "some" opposition to Maps 4 (primarily on here, but a few other places as well), I've not seen an organized opposition effort this time. Has there been one that I'm missing? The lack of any organized opposition could also explain why the polls are leaning a positive as they evidently are.
    Carol Hefner has been very vocally against it. She is the Trump supporter who has posted several racist themes on FB. And, of course, former councilman Shadid is for sure against it.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Carol Hefner has been very vocally against it. She is the Trump supporter who has posted several racist themes on FB. And, of course, former councilman Shadid is for sure against it.
    Is Hefner a resident of OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Good question. I have no idea. But the Lost Ogle piece mentioning her today was pretty funny....

https://www.thelostogle.com/2019/12/...uLWXTN9iHQEFDU

There is a grassroots Facebook page that has over 500 members that is against MAPS 4.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/nomoremaps

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I believe Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    I believe Edmond.
    Well if she's not in OKC wonder why she is even concerned about it?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    I think she recognizes that OKC is the economic engine for the MSA and Edmond is just an accessory belt.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    I don't live in OKC either (and therefore can't vote), but I spend much of my time and money in OKC. Much of my time is spent enjoying MAPS projects, and taxes on the money I spend support future projects. Totally OK with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Are you serious or is this tongue-in-cheek? The idea they are nervous is pretty funny. This is a very typical campaign for a MAPs vote. The team behind it (Chamber/CMA) always wage a serious campaign for it. Polling shows it passing in a landslide. They aren't nervous at all; they're just running a responsible campaign in that they're pushing the vote and aren't resting on their laurels.
    Why are they allowed to spend tax dollars to lobby for a new tax? And all these flyers cost some decent money. Should be required to give an equal amount to opposition to keep it fair. Who authorizes these expenditures and with other city agencies lacking budgets to boot.

I’ve noticed the City is quick to delete dissenting voices from the various social media channels. Seems like very odd behavior if “yes” is so sure to win.

Is the city actually funding anything to do with the campaign, or is it the Chamber? I feel like that is an assumption that shouldn't go unchallenged.

The Chamber raises funds for campaigns from its members. No city funds or budgets can be expended for political campaigns. These funds are managed through a campaign committee independent of the chamber itself. The city however does contract with the chamber for economic development assistance and other business.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Good question. I have no idea. But the Lost Ogle piece mentioning her today was pretty funny....

https://www.thelostogle.com/2019/12/...uLWXTN9iHQEFDU
    Well funny, but I’d say it was pretty good take on the Hefner’s. A liberal agenda? So trying to make OKC better is a liberal agenda, that’s pretty small..

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteveHunt View Post
    Progress isnt neoliberal economic development, progress is jobeth
    I find it fascinating that JoBeth voted in support of MAPS 4 and is a supporter of many of its initiatives. She attended our PAWS for MAPS 4 GOTV event the other night and we are grateful for her support.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Why are they allowed to spend tax dollars to lobby for a new tax? And all these flyers cost some decent money. Should be required to give an equal amount to opposition to keep it fair. Who authorizes these expenditures and with other city agencies lacking budgets to boot.
    Tax dollars are not spent on the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    Well funny, but I’d say it was pretty good take on the Hefner’s. A liberal agenda? So trying to make OKC better is a liberal agenda, that’s pretty small..
    I know, lol. As the Lost Ogle made clear, her opposition is one of the strongest arguments to support the initiative. It is entertaining to read the 500-person FB page. An abundance of tinfoil and resentment.

Thread Information