Widgets Magazine

Thread: Possible Hefner and County Line Apartment Development

Default Possible Hefner and County Line Apartment Development

Is there any way to tell if there are any plans to put in apartments either on NE or NW corner of Hefner/County Line? I checked the development map and dug around the city website but I don't see anything. A neighbor started the rumor and now people are freaking out ready to sell their homes.

Default Re: Possible Hefner and County Line Apartment Development

None of those sites are currently zoned for apartments, and I searched the Planning Commission agendas for a request of zoning change and found no reference to their owners. It is possible I missed something, but considering the sites aren't zoned for apartments, it may be too soon to ditch the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    None of those sites are currently zoned for apartments, and I searched the Planning Commission agendas for a request of zoning change and found no reference to their owners. It is possible I missed something, but considering the sites aren't zoned for apartments, it may be too soon to ditch the neighborhood.
    Thanks for the reply. That's what I assumed was the deal. When looking at the zoning map why are some residential areas zoned as R1 and others PUD?

Quote Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Thanks for the reply. That's what I assumed was the deal. When looking at the zoning map why are some residential areas zoned as R1 and others PUD?
    R1 indicated a "base zoning" R1 is single family residential (i am almost 100% certian) a PUD (planned unit development) zonings lets the planning commission mix lots of zoning uses (single family differetn levels of commercial ect) and also restrict lots of differ types of business and actually some of the design characteristics

Also, when I pulled the PUD on the NE corner, the vacant tract is zoned C-3 and O-2 base while the rest is R-1. I didn't look for additional use restrictions if there are any. The zoning map will give you a link to the PUD if you click on one of the house icons.

Thread Information