Quote Originally Posted by Swalell1960 View Post
Okay, that's an inarguably good demographical point about the recent resurfacing of that particular stretch of the n/s Western corridor, especially within the context of a discussion about the resurfacing needs of Britton Rd. My opinion comes from a combination of personal experience and perceived potential for development. I drive Britton Rd daily (so yeah, there's my bias), but when you consider that the retail development of the former OPUBCO printing/distribution area is getting underway, and the theater/gaming/restaurant to its immediate south is happening, and the reaffirming shot in the Britton arm that Variety Care brings, and the revitalization efforts of dt Britton itself that are trying to be made (to one successful degree or another...), and you throw in the Thunder facility and the specialized healthcare providers on the NE section of Britton/Broadway, and the Towers office development just a mile to the east, and the Kimray thing, and whatever that enterprise is in the old radio station east of Eastern, which is bursting at the seams if you judge it by the amount of employee cars that have to park there...Well, you get the drift.

(I'm curious about the coffee shop in Britton--it looks neat but doesn't seem to be able to make it past the cool signage stage...)
I'm guessing, based on a vague recollection, that ODOT might have some degree of control over the stretch of Britton from Waverly to Broadway Extension. The May Avenue to Pennsylvania rebuild is being done by ODOT, not the Village. I do not think the Penn to Waverly resurfacing is an ODOT project, however.