Widgets Magazine

Thread: Air Fryers

Default Air Fryers

I'm looking for a "Loaded" small (1.6 - 3.0 quart) air fryer. All of the small units I have found are bare bones, no presets, analog, just basic air fryers. A friend has a Ninja 4 quart with "Air Fry, Roast, Reheat, and Reheat" presets. It's a digital unit which I would want as well. His is for a family of four and it's way too big for me. I also have limited cabinet space. I live alone and mostly reheat items from my "Old folks home" and reheating French fries, fried okra and a few other things doesn't work with the reheat option on my microwave.
    Thanks,
    C. T.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Air Fryers

CT, we have a Phillips but I’m unsure the precise model. It works great but the one we have does take up quite a bit of space. I’m sure they have various sizes. Good luck shopping !

3. Default Re: Air Fryers

I know absolutely nothing about air fryers, but found a few you might consider. Not all digital controls, but appear to have features and not just on/off.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ZWXAaUQ8wIIigQ

https://www.amazon.com/Gourmia-GAF22...tag=oilfree-20

https://www.amazon.com/Kalorik-FT-43...tag=oilfree-20

Hope this will get you started.

We have a Ninja and use it many times per week. It was incredibly awesome. It is pretty good size but we leave it out all the time since we use it so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Roger S,
    Thanks, I love the size, weight, and features and two gallons is perfect but I took a look at the reviews and I know to take them with a grain of salt but take a look at the breakdown. I read about twenty of them and it scares me.
    Thanks,
    C. T.

5 star
    46%
    4 star
    8%
    3 star
    7%
    2 star
    9%
    1 star
    30%

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    I know absolutely nothing about air fryers, but found a few you might consider. Not all digital controls, but appear to have features and not just on/off.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ZWXAaUQ8wIIigQ

https://www.amazon.com/Gourmia-GAF22...tag=oilfree-20

https://www.amazon.com/Kalorik-FT-43...tag=oilfree-20

Hope this will get you started.
    Turnpup,
    Of the three I prefer the Kalorik but it doesn't have the preset features. Looks like a good unit though.
    Thanks,
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    We have a Ninja and use it many times per week. It was incredibly awesome. It is pretty good size but we leave it out all the time since we use it so often.
    MagzOK,
    I think I'm going to end up with the Ninja. I don't like the size but I like the features. By the was, does yours smoke a lot? I have a problem in my old folks home with smoke alarms. It goes off if I think about cooking.
    C. T,

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    MagzOK,
    I think I'm going to end up with the Ninja. I don't like the size but I like the features. By the was, does yours smoke a lot? I have a problem in my old folks home with smoke alarms. It goes off if I think about cooking.
    C. T,
    Hi, C.T. -- We've not experienced an issue with ours smoking. Just be sure to google times to air fry items. At first I thought it was equal to the time you would use in an oven and found our stuff grossly overdone. This is totally not the case.

Take care,

10. Default Re: Air Fryers

Think of them as really small convection ovens. They can cook pretty quick!

I've got a Breville Smart Oven Air and it has pretty much put my oven out of service at this point. The thing is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    I've got a Breville Smart Oven Air and it has pretty much put my oven out of service at this point. The thing is a beast.
    Mballard,
    Wow, that one is a little out of my range. I'm waiting to see my son's and see how he likes it but after all of the good suggestions I will probably go with the Ninja. It's larger than what I need but it has the features that I want.
    Thanks to all for your recommendations.
    C. T.

13. Default Re: Air Fryers

I've never used one. I mean could l air fry a batch of crispy fried chicken with one or does that exceed abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I've never used one. I mean could l air fry a batch of crispy fried chicken with one or does that exceed abilities?
    MOB,
    My friend has done that and says it's very good. There is a link on youtube and a man says don't buy one and proceeds to show how to air fry in your oven and he's right, but like a lot of things our mothers and grandmothers did, some items make it a little easier. In my case, that's what I need. I have physical limitations and anything that makes my life easier is worth looking at.
    C. T.

15. Default Re: Air Fryers

Bumping this thread to get ideas/recipes for using our new air fryer. Please share what you like to air fry!

Not to digress, but my SweetHeart bought an InstaPot about a year ago. We love it. It takes up about the same amount of space as The Bread Machine. And it's never been used. Either.

Celebrator,
    Great for a steak, reheating pizza and French fries, egg rolls, fried chicken, and other things. I'm very happy with mine. I did buy the Ninja.
    C. T.

Thread Information