Widgets Magazine

Thread: Notorious P.I.E.

Norman Notorious P.I.E.

https://www.facebook.com/notoriouspienorman/

Press release:

Hal Smith Restaurants Announces New Concept Opening in Norman

Notorious P.I.E. will offer unique pizzas by the slice to downtown Norman patrons

NORMAN, OKLA. — Hal Smith Restaurants is excited to announce the opening of their newest concept, Notorious P.I.E. on Tuesday, September 10. Located in the heart of Norman at 305 E Main St, this pizzeria will be the go-to place to grab a quick slice and a cold drink.

Notorious P.I.E. started as a lifelong dream of Managing Partner, Brandon Kistler. He teamed up with James Clifford, pizza expert and former owner of Mimi’s Pizza, to create a unique, slice house. Clifford is incorporating a few of his locally renowned items like his red pizza sauce and Italian Beef.

“We think Notorious will be the perfect place for people to stop by for a slice or two, or meet up with friends and family to split an entire pie and enjoy a few drinks,” says Nortorious P.I.E.’s General Manager, James Clifford.

The restaurant will seat 85 people inside and another 60 outside on their covered patio and lounge area. The menu will feature several different pies available by the slice ranging from $3-$4 or in a full 18-inch pizza plus a handful of carefully crafted sandwiches and salads for when you’re not craving pizza. All of the dressings will be made in house, including a banana pepper caesar salad topped with fried pepperoni crumbles and homemade croutons.

The menu will also have local beers, wines and creative cocktails like the Pineapple Frose. We have pies to fit everyone’s tastes, including vegan and gluten free pies, sandwiches and salads. If you like the classics, try our Big Peppa (red sauce, full pepperoni coverage topped with fried pepperoni crumble) or if you like to be adventurous with your toppings try our Greens, EGGS & HAM (garlic & basil infused olive oil, spinach, bacon, fresh garlic, roasted tomato, farm fresh eggs, capacola, black pepper, olive oil drizzle), either way Notorious P.I.E. will have something that all guests will love.

Default Re: Notorious P.I.E.

Haha so is it a blatant copy of Empire?

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Haha so is it a blatant copy of Empire?
    No, no, not at all. This is in Norman. Totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    No, no, not at all. This is in Norman. Totally different.
    "Nompton"

Not sure it is a bad thing to copy a proven winner. If you put out a good product, even if it is a "copy", then you can be successful. Saves people in Norman a trip to the packed Plaza District.

I'm not hating on it, but Empire has that 90's hip/hop alternative culture vibe, which I can only assume Notorious P.I.E. is trying to replicate. It's just kinda comical

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Not sure it is a bad thing to copy a proven winner. If you put out a good product, even if it is a "copy", then you can be successful. Saves people in Norman a trip to the packed Plaza District.
    + This. It's not like Empire is the end all, be all in the pizza business. I believe this will be a good fit in downtown Norman. It will compliment the 2 micro breweries that are on Main, one of which is across the street, the other 3 blocks away.

The second place name was Enquire Pizza lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    I'm not hating on it, but Empire has that 90's hip/hop alternative culture vibe, which I can only assume Notorious P.I.E. is trying to replicate. It's just kinda comical
    Plus a pizza called Notorious P.I.G.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Plus a pizza called Notorious P.I.G.
    That was my first thought!

Does anybody remember mimi's pizza?

12. Default Re: Notorious P.I.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I don't remember one in Oklahoma City... There was a Mimi's Pizza in Dallas.

13. Default Re: Notorious P.I.E.

more... pizza.... it never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    more... pizza.... it never ends.
    And tacos and burgers.

The holy trinity of food places.

15. Default Re: Notorious P.I.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    And tacos and burgers.

The holy trinity of food places.
    And chicken.

16. Default Re: Notorious P.I.E.

I think this place will be a hit. Main Street has become a great place to eat along with the art walk once a month really driving business there. I am interested to see how the other by the slice place Slice House will do on Lindsey.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Yes, Mimi's leased out of the 7-Eleven at the SW corner of Imhoff & Chautauqua in South Norman. I want to say it was a Chicago-style place but I'm not 100% sure on that. It closed at least 5 years ago.

18. Default Re: Notorious P.I.E.

Didn't l see an Empire Slice House being finished out on W. Lindsey in Norman?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Didn't l see an Empire Slice House being finished out on W. Lindsey in Norman?
    No, it's a pizza place with "slice" in the name somewhere (I forget the exact name) but it's not an Empire Slice House. I believe it's going in the old McAlister's Deli building on Lindsey between Berry and 24th Ave. SW.

HangryHippo Guest

I think Jersey Boss said in another thread that was going to be a pizza place from the guy from Falcone’s.

21. Default Re: Notorious P.I.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think Jersey Boss said in another thread that was going to be a pizza place from the guy from Falcone’s.
    Correct. The Slice House.

Thread Information