Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Hub

Default Re: The Hub

I'm sure they are trying to get anchor tenants so they can secure financing.

Any updates or news of any delays, Pete?

I'm sure they are still trying to find tenants and financing.

Richard McKown (Level, The Bower) has submitted plans to rezone this property that would slightly reconfigure the layout.

Wil still be a 5-story office building on the corner of Broadway and NW 13th, but smaller. Looks like they are keeping the drive-thru for the bank. The apartments have been reconfigured as well.

McKown likely has the property under contract but as of yet, it has not been sold by the group that created the proposal in the original post.

It will be interesting to see how quickly this gets started. I'm assuming we won't see construction for some time.

6. Default Re: The Hub

i like the height and retail additions but hate the bank "drive". why couldn't it go elsewhere instead of fronting the main AAlley corner, Broadway and 13th or better yet just have it a walk-up urban bank?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Hey Pete, have you heard of any momentum here? I'm sure covid and construction costs have slowed this project. Any indication that it is dead or word of when it could pick back up?

This project has completely stalled.

Not very optimistic about it moving forward any time soon.

Blog Entries

Hopeful downtown house buyers look to infill projects for new homes
    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...es/5458567001/

Richard McKown, who has built hundreds of apartments in Deep Deuce and a development of for-sale housing in Midtown, is about to develop one of the larger apartment projects with 276 units planned at NW 13 and Broadway around the existing Garage Lofts.

Any movement on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Any movement on this?
    Nope.

It seems Richard McKown is not going to move forward with his plan and the original group has done nothing since the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nope.

It seems Richard McKown is not going to move forward with his plan and the original group has done nothing since the announcement.
    That’s a shame. This would have been a nice project. Hopefully it gets developed soon.

Any update on what's happening here?

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    Any update on what's happening here?
    No.

I'm sure the owners are now trying to find an anchor tenant or maybe a new buyer.

It looked like core sampling was taking place at this site this morning.

I've seen crews on site sporadically over the last week or two. Noticed the sampling as well. Would be great for this to get rolling.

They re-submitted their plans for design review, actually increasing the height of the office building, which will now be 7 stories. The project will completely wrap around the Garage Lofts and include a pool, dog park and sports court. Apartment buildings will be 4- and 5-stories with a 6-level parking structure.

Looks like this will be moving forward just as the vacant Dolese property to the east is developed in a similar fashion. Will add serious density to an area that has been largely vacant for a long time.

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    08-16-2019, 08:56 AM
    I like it. But let's be honest. The "future apartments" are not happening.
    This is my favorite flavor of crow!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm so happy, because this is pretty darn ugly.

Wow, this will be a huge impact development.

Will this section of robinson ever be changed from one way?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonjock View Post
    Will this section of robinson ever be changed from one way?
    That really does need to happen.

HangryHippo Guest

When do we think this might start? I know design review can be a lengthy process, and that’s if it is completed.

Is Richard McKown still the developer on this, or are the owners working with someone else?

That big Core Bank logo is interesting, I didn't recognize the name but it's a real thing and not just some temporary name to hide the real tenant name. Based on their website they look to be a new and fairly small operation but they appear to be planning on growing with this big new OKC location.

I hope the office building doesn't get much push back at design review or gets meddled with like what happened to Broadway Park.

Thread Information