Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bricktown Comedy Club

Default Re: Bricktown Comedy Club

Has anyone else been? Thinking about going on Friday for Damon Wayans.

I entertained seeing him too.

Maybe I’m showing my age but don’t know anything about this kid. Saw his dad about 20 years ago, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Has anyone else been? Thinking about going on Friday for Damon Wayans.
    Been twice Great time both times. Bar needs a little expansion but they have the basics.

5. Default Re: Bricktown Comedy Club

I went to see Jay Pharaoh a few weeks back and really enjoyed it. They forgot our food, but it was in the first week or two and the place was packed, so that can be forgiven. The food did end up coming at the end and wasn't half bad. I thought the setup was pretty nice and felt familiar to other comedy clubs I've been to in bigger markets. Definitely looking forward to going to more shows there.

So after 2 years thought I would bump this post up and see how the place is doing. I personally haven't been but they get really good acts. I just never think about going until recently.

It is VERY successful! Like, an enormous hit. They have gotten top-notch comedians, and have national acts every weekend. This is one of the best clubs in the country, and a great repurposing of that building, as well.

I've been to 3 shows and I had a blast at every one. If anything, I just wish the stage for the performer was a little higher up for when you are sitting closer to the rear of the room.

I went for the first time a couple weeks ago, bought tickets last minute for a date night and a hilarious comedian I have stumbled across a few times on podcasts (Ian Fidance) was once of the acts and he crushed it!
    Main act was Dave Attell and the room was either at capacity or very close, crowd was fun and I enjoyed the show fine even from our last minute table out in the wings.
    Actually took advantage of the streetcar stop next door and left my car where it was parked for dinner and took it down, was just us and some lost tourists onboard lol.

Just want to add to this.
    I’ve been 4 - 5 times, not only are they bringing in National acts. (They someone pulled Taylor Tomlinson for a weekend set before she went out and shot her Netflix special, and now she’s selling out the criterion.) I’ve seen Drew Lynch 3 times and he also shot a special that is on YouTube from the comedy club.

I do wish the bar was a bit bigger, but the food is good, and the service issues are pretty much ironed out.

Me and my wife go often, it’s worth a night out if someone is coming in that you like.

I've been a couple of times the past 3 months or so and enjoyed it every time. Delightfully surprised at the comedians they pull in.

Thread Information