Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma Distillery

Film Exchange Oklahoma Distillery

Brewpub, distillery and restaurant planned for west downtown

Tulsa-based Oklahoma Distilling Company has filed plans to open a new facility in the booming area just west of downtown.

The company opened its first location in Tulsa in 2017 and distills several spirits, including Indian Grass Vodka, 1907 Oklahoma Whiskey, 59 Shine Smoked Rye and Rose Rock Rum.

In addition, the new location on the southeast corner of NW 1st and Western will brew mead and cider and will include a small restaurant and tasting room in the 2,600 square foot building. Work has already commenced at the site.

The Tulsa location offers self-guided tours for $10 which include complimentary tastings.

The location is just west of the popular Stonecloud Brewery in the Sunshine Laundry building. Stonecloud has recently filed plans to expand their taproom and add a patio along Classen Boulevard.

Just to the east, West Village has opened the second phase of their sprawling mixed-use project, with 5-stories of apartments and commercial space along Sheridan Avenue to the immediate west of Jones Assembly. The third phase of that project is nearing the finish line on the north side of Main Street.

Default Re: Oklahoma Distillery

Cool! Lots of good building stock over there. I can't wait to see how this area continues to develop.

Yes, we'll see how far and fast the spread happens to the west of Classen.

I love that area between the boulevard and Linwood.

Thank you Kanye, very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, we'll see how far and fast the spread happens to the west of Classen.

I love that area between the boulevard and Linwood.
    I love how the west end of downtown is becoming a brewery hub. Anthem, Stonecloud, Lively, Angry Scotsman, the Cidery at the old Plant Shoppe and now this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    I love how the west end of downtown is becoming a brewery hub. Anthem, Stonecloud, Lively, Angry Scotsman, the Cidery at the old Plant Shoppe and now this one.
    Core 4 too at the Paramount; they are getting closer.

They are getting ver close; have furniture inside now:

I am pretty excited about this place. I like beer and wine but I will choose a cocktail 9 times out of ten. Especially if whiskey is involved.

You can see the tanks are installed in the right window.

Believe it or not, this project is back on track.

It started as a Pivot Project but the distillery actually bought the building from them last year.

They plan to open this summer.

Blog Entries

I meant to post that I rode by this building on Sunday and it looked like things had been happening inside...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Believe it or not, this project is back on track.

It started as a Pivot Project but the distillery actually bought the building from them last year.

They plan to open this summer.
    As a regular frequenter of Stonecloud I'm past this distillery often and have been curious what's going on. Seeing this thread reminded me this has been an ongoing project for much longer than I'd have remembered. Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    As a regular frequenter of Stonecloud I'm past this distillery often and have been curious what's going on. Seeing this thread reminded me this has been an ongoing project for much longer than I'd have remembered. Any updates?
    Oklahoma Distillery actually bought this property a while ago; the Pivot Project guys had purchased it and the distillery was a tenant.

But now my understanding is that state law does not allow a distillery to have two locations/tasting rooms.

So, the current owners are going to have to sell to someone new.

Thread Information