Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Zu Purchased by The Mule

Default The Zu Purchased by The Mule

That title was funny to type. Image from Facebook:

67832136_911579095848734_2476031754037624832_n.jpg

Default Re: The Zu Purchased by The Mule

!!!!!!!!!

This could be awesome. I like the Mule but don't like going to the Plaza District.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    ...but don't like going to the Plaza District.
    May I ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    May I ask why?
    I have mobility issues and I've had problems with parking and getting around there. It's entirely on me but I've had enough issues I tend to avoid it. So nothing negative about that area besides my own preferences.

^^^
    Of course, you can't always park next to your destination in an urban area, but if there are not good curb cuts, ramps, or other accessibility issues sure to report it and request changes to your relevant city committee and/or council. A lot of citizens don't realize how easy it can be (at least in my experience) to address some of these specific issues once a citizen makes a stink about it. And then addressing that issue will benefit everyone else too.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I have mobility issues and I've had problems with parking and getting around there. It's entirely on me but I've had enough issues I tend to avoid it. So nothing negative about that area besides my own preferences.
    Jerrywall,
    I can sympathize with you. I don't know your mobility issues, but I require a mobility scooter and as much as I enjoy the Plaza district it just isn't very friendly to folks like me.
    C. T.

Here’s hoping they don’t get rid of the surfing and extreme sports on the big projector screen. Other than fairly decent sports bar food, the extreme sports on the big screen was the most satisfying distinction from other bars (all chains) such as Louie’s. It always did seem however as if the Zu’s potential was never fully realized.

Anyone know what happened or just simply it wasn't making any money?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Jerrywall,
    I can sympathize with you. I don't know your mobility issues, but I require a mobility scooter and as much as I enjoy the Plaza district it just isn't very friendly to folks like me.
    C. T.
    I hear you CT as my wife has mobility issues as well. Seems like the sidewalk in front of Empire was pretty bad for much access when walking by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I hear you CT as my wife has mobility issues as well. Seems like the sidewalk in front of Empire was pretty bad for much access when walking by.
    Jersey Boss,
    I realize it's not the Plaza district, but I live near 178th and Western and now that I'm not driving my only decent route to a grocery store has been blocked by a new OnCue station. The sidewalk has been torn up for over six months. But regardless, even when they get it redone, my limits (sidewalks a requirement) are about two miles because of the lack of continuous sidewalks.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieNate View Post
    Anyone know what happened or just simply it wasn't making any money?
    No, I believe they were making money, but this is based only on being a regular customer and noticing how busy they usually were. I was told that The Mule had been inquiring about buying them out for the better part of a year, and the owners of The Zu just decided that "the time was right". I also heard that The Mule isn't moving, but opening a 2nd location (I haven't heard anything about that anywhere I looked). This is second hand info, so take it with a grain of salt.

This location went through quite a few restaurant concepts, the first one that I remember was it being a wine bar.

Thread Information