Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pull-A-Part

1. Default Re: Pull-A-Part

Seems like a very short sided approach to build the substation along the banks of the river. Seems like prime real estate for the future.

Default Re: Pull-A-Part

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Seems like a very short sided approach to build the substation along the banks of the river. Seems like prime real estate for the future.
    the access to this entire site makes large scale development very very problematic if not impossible

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the access to this entire site makes large scale development very very problematic if not impossible
    The access is no issue when it comes to large scale developments. They can make new access if the will is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The access is no issue when it comes to large scale developments. They can make new access if the will is there.
    really where would that be??

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    really where would that be??
    oh please it is done all the time in major cities. Pay attention next time you are in a major city and you will know their road networks are far more complex than OKC's. It is possible.

We invented bridges at some point in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    We invented bridges at some point in the past.
    Bridges, tunnels, and marvels of modern engineering. China can build a 30 mile bridge into the ocean and Norway can build a 30 mile undersea tunnel with underground directional interchanges but we can't build access to this site. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Bridges, tunnels, and marvels of modern engineering. China can build a 30 mile bridge into the ocean and Norway can build a 30 mile undersea tunnel with underground directional interchanges but we can't build access to this site. LOL
    Oklahoma developers have proven unwilling to do certain things, especially without state or city assistance. More ambitious developers don't develop here, so we get stuck with developers not wanting to try.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Oklahoma developers have proven unwilling to do certain things, especially without state or city assistance. More ambitious developers don't develop here, so we get stuck with developers not wanting to try.
    Developers don’t develop if buyers don’t buy. Don’t blame the developers. Blame the many in OK who won’t pay a penny more than they absolutely have to. For the most part, developers reflect demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Developers don’t develop if buyers don’t buy. Don’t blame the developers. Blame the many in OK who won’t pay a penny more than they absolutely have to. For the most part, developers reflect demand.
    The main issue I think is the demand is not there for building access to this site but what BS is suggesting it can't be done is not true.

The standards in Oklahoma are seemingly rising. There needs to be more money flowing this state. California has a virtual river of money flowing through and it's incredible how much people spend there. It takes me months to buy a designer shirt at Barney's and the person in front of has 20 items and paying the bill that looks like a receipt with a black card is 10 more behind me is the norm. Oklahoma needs more money and better paying jobs here.

I also have noticed waaaaaaay more nicer cars on the road here than I did before I moved.

I think their asking price is way too high. That's over $400,000 an acre, and this land has very limited access. Land on the other side of the river is significantly cheaper, and doesn't have the access issues.

Realistically speaking. Adding on and off ramps to 15th street from shields is the only option. No one is going to spend the money to build a tunnel or a super large bridge structure. I assume access would have to come from cotton mill site which also has access issues. Also, dealing with the railroad is a pain in the but. A mountain is probably an easier problem to overcome then RR company.

Nothing happening here yet:

To the best of my knowledge, they own the 22-acre property at 2501 S High Ave (on the NW corner of SE 25th and S High Ave). County Assessor records show that both the old and new locations are owned by separate LLCs that share the same PO box number. Google Maps Street View from April 2019 shows that they had graded the site and were in the process of installing the same type of fencing as is at their old location, and they were spreading gravel too. I'll have to roll by there on my way home from work one day and see what's going on.

^

That property at 25th and S. High has been completely cleared but not paved; at least not last time I went by there.

Default Re: Hubcap Alley

Hello,
    I am not sure it is the best forum but it the closest one to talk about the big Pull a Part salvage yard close to the old cotton mill.

It may not move anymore. The place was scheduled for sale after a move of the activity on S High and 25th but the city wants a lot of updates to this land before the move is allowed (like retention ponds). It may be too costly for the owner to move now.
    So they may sell the new yard and stay at the old one if the money makes sense.

This is a recent aerial of their property at 25th & S. High.

You can see not much has been done, so I suspect they will not be relocating any time soon.

Its been a bit since I've heard anything about this Pete, any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by AlvarezK View Post
    Its been a bit since I've heard anything about this Pete, any updates?
    No.

I believe they are still trying to sell this property but it has poor access and they are asking too much.

Blog Entries

hopefully no buried batteries

This area's access problems are certainly severe and my guess is that environmental remediation might be tough, too. Obviously the swap for the OG&E substation land didn't help. But I think a lot of blame has to go to I-40. I don't know where else you could have put the highway but it's what really cripples development along the Oklahoma River. What the city has achieved in the Boathouse District is in spite of the highway's location post-rebuild, not because of it.

^

And the Boathouse District still suffers greatly by being cut off by I-40.

Money keeps being poured into this area but apart from the Regatta Festival and a few other events, it seems dead every time I go down there.

Bar K should help but I'm not sure the increased traffic will translate into more activity at the other facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

And the Boathouse District still suffers greatly by being cut off by I-40.

Money keeps being poured into this area but apart from the Regatta Festival and a few other events, it seems dead every time I go down there.

Bar K should help but I'm not sure the increased traffic will translate into more activity at the other facilities.
    I actually stopped taking out of towners down there because of it almost always being dead unless there is an event.

I took this the other day; almost completely deserted:

Thread Information