Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paws For Maps 4

Default Re: Paws For Maps 4

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Why?
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    I’m for better shelters just not through MAPS is all. Its a pet project (no pun intended) and then everyone wants a pet project and if they don’t get it they get upset. It sets a bad precedence.

MAPS honestly may have run its course already due to city not even knowing what we need in Aug and yet gonna scratch something together and vote in Dec? .
    Resolving inadequate public facilities actually owned by OKC that provides essential city services does not set a bad precedent.

So you're against extraordinary public input on critical issues and would prefer the old way of doing things in which the public had very little meaningful input?

Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    Resolving inadequate public facilities actually owned by OKC that provides essential city services does not set a bad precedent.

So you're against extraordinary public input on critical issues and would prefer the old way of doing things in which the public had very little meaningful input?

Get real.
    i not sure how much real public input has occured in this project ...

when widely liked projects were not even allowed to present at council ..

Anyone can attend these meetings and speak in citizen comments. The reality is that they extensively polled the city using scientific methods of likely MAPS voters. The proposals that polled well enough to pass were allowed the time to officially present. I have my own personal opinions about projects that I think should be considered but weren't. But compared to previous MAPS processes this has definitely been the most public and organic.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    Anyone can attend these meetings and speak in citizen comments. The reality is that they extensively polled the city using scientific methods of likely MAPS voters. The proposals that polled well enough to pass were allowed the time to officially present. I have my own personal opinions about projects that I think should be considered but weren't. But compared to previous MAPS processes this has definitely been the most public and organic.
    it has certionally been presented to appear the most public .... but the realtiy is that most of this maps was decided a long long time ago ...

Blog Entries

IIRC not sure who the sponsor is (city animal control or humane society) but many of the stray animals in our city are being spayed & neutered and returned to the areas. One of my grandchildren had a stray cat we took to the vet; there were some kind of slice making on his ears, an indication he had been neutered--this is what I was told by the vet.

Yep - that notch in the ear is an indication a cat has been fixed.

Blog Entries

MAPS3 Re: Paws For Maps 4

Blacksburg, Virginia

No kill animal shelter

Montgomery County's new multimillion Animal Care and Adoption Center is set to open later this year. The center is located at 434 Cinnabar Rd., March 29, 2017.

No-kill animal shelter in Christiansburg quadruples in size
    http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news/...39d6301ae.html

Wish I had time to do more research, what little information provided is exemplary of a community that cares...

Just think what Oklahoma City could do with a $40 million facility. This $4.3 million facility is awesome for a city the size of Blacksburg, Va, a city of 50,000 residents, the size of a familiar college town, Stillwater.

Blog Entries

Many of you have pets in your home or on the premises, we have 3 dogs & 3 cats--all with different personalities, and one with an attitude. It costs a moderate chunk of change to keep current on annual vaccinations, flea & tick protection & the rising costs of health care services when you take your pets to a vet.

One of my dogs (a 7 year old, Chihuahua-Pomeranian mix) started having seizures at age 3. The vet prescribed a control dangerous substance (Phenobarbital) to treat her seizures. You have to go to the regular pharmacy to pick up this medication. I was finger printed, had my picture taken--county ready for incarceration.

I decided after 2 months to take her off this substance. One of the observation I made, she was getting into the dry cat food (fish base) which probably thinned her blood. Yep, keep those dogs away for the cat food, it's was formulated for cats.

Instead of 1 seizure a week, she's down to a small 5 minute seizure about once every six-eight months since taken off the medication. Good luck with your dog if he or she has seizures--it was more traumatic for me to watch her have seizures--the vet calmed my fears telling me she's probably not aware of what's happening to her.

Let's get that NO KILL SHELTER on MAPS 4...

Good for Delaware. Smaller state but if a state can do it...Oklahoma City can also.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/11/us/de...rnd/index.html

Thread Information