Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BC Clark

Default Re: BC Clark

It will work well for BC Clark. It’s more of a destination store. When I go to BC Clark I go for BC Clark, not the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Maybe if they had a better spot. I think they are in the worst location in the mall. Unless you are walking in that door...there is no reason to ever walk by their location at the end of the hall with no other stores near them.

Like Pete said, BC Clark doesn’t really depend on mall foot traffic

If anything, the ridiculous parking situation at PSM worked against them.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    When are most sales?
    Most sales are after Christmas, but Clark's is just before.

Couldn't resist. Sorry.

Blog Entries

Their space would be a great location for a Zara. Good fit for OKC too.

6. Default Re: BC Clark

a little sad that CC now becomes the flagship store for BC Clark as I want it to continue to be downtown. Today it is the ONLY remaining flagship in the CBD and we need it to continue to anchor as Park Avenue starts to take shape as an upscale retail district. Selfishly, I was/am hoping Park Avenue becomes OKC's #1 upscale district. ..

But maybe BC Clark's Park Avenue downtown will continue to be the headquarters and main flagship while CC becomes the upscale galleria-type flagship.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    a little sad that CC now becomes the flagship store for BC Clark as I want it to continue to be downtown. Today it is the ONLY remaining flagship in the CBD and we need it to continue to anchor as Park Avenue starts to take shape as an upscale retail district. Selfishly, I was/am hoping Park Avenue becomes OKC's #1 upscale district. ..

But maybe BC Clark's Park Avenue downtown will continue to be the headquarters and main flagship while CC becomes the upscale galleria-type flagship.
    BC downtown will still be just fine. Park Ave isn't likely to become upscale shopping destination. Those shoppers aren't going downtown to shop.

Both the downtown and Northpark stores do very well.

They have a very loyal clientele that goes back decades.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    I say opposite.

BCC likely drew impulse customers from all the walk by traffic. PSM will have no problems filling the space.

On the other hand BCC now has to rely on only focused customers in a stand alone building meaning they have to want to go there as a stop. I have no idea how many impulse customers they got in mall but I would bet it is decent amount.
    Respectfully disagree. PSM is a big hassle and CC will be much easier especially down on the East side. Much more in their demographic and lots of pluses.

Also, on a long term basis, I'd bet you'll see Williams Sonoma and /or Pottery Barn leave PSM before you see another PB related store come in (like PB Kids as suggested above).

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Their space would be a great location for a Zara. Good fit for OKC too.
    Yes, please!

On cue, 6 hrs later the Oklahoman has their own article posted with no credit.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    On cue, 6 hrs later the Oklahoman has their own article posted with no credit.
    This is one of those rare occasions that this was all off a press release, so we are not due credit.

I knew about it back in January (note the foliage in the drone shot) but the Clarks were not ready to go public so I sat on it. I called them last week (as they had requested, saying they should be ready then) without a reply, then they just dropped the press release today and everybody got it.

I understand why they did it but it would have been nice if they would have returned my call and gave me at least a day's head-start, as I had been working this story for at least 6 months. But, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Respectfully disagree. PSM is a big hassle and CC will be much easier especially down on the East side. Much more in their demographic and lots of pluses.

Also, on a long term basis, I'd bet you'll see Williams Sonoma and /or Pottery Barn leave PSM before you see another PB related store come in (like PB Kids as suggested above).
    My take is if a person os going to BCC they will go regardless if standalone or in mall. However, if a person is at mall they might go to BCC to browse.

I’m sure they know how much impulse mall traffic they got and likely are good with numbers though.

WS and PB do very well there. PB Kids left because the mall forced them out, not because they weren’t doing well

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    WS and PB do very well there. PB Kids left because the mall forced them out, not because they weren’t doing well
    Lets watch it the next couple of years and see how it goes. They can do well elsewhere. PS better buckle up.

Lets watch it the next couple of years and see how it goes. They can do well elsewhere. PS better buckle up.
    Why? If they lost a few tenants, it would shrink their ridiculously long waiting list of tenants.

Blog Entries

^ Well then they’ll have no worries if/when a couple more big tenants leave.

Blog Entries

^ Well then they’ll have no worries if/when a couple more big tenants leave.
    Seems like this is what you are hoping for. You obviously despise the mall, but it seems to be doing well. There is room in this city for many types of retail centers to work.

Seems like this is what you are hoping for. You obviously despise the mall, but it seems to be doing well. There is room in this city for many types of retail centers to work.
    Like the one about to be built catty corner from Penn Square.

Blog Entries

I don't despise PS and am not hoping for anything. I am stating an opinion that I suspect there are a couple of other big tenants who wouldn't mind leaving. Sounds like that will be water off a ducks back to PS, so good for them. PS isn't going anywhere, but if people don't think there is impact to losing large tenants they are wrong.

Blog Entries

I don't despise PS and am not hoping for anything. I am stating an opinion that I suspect there are a couple of other big tenants who wouldn't mind leaving. Sounds like that will be water off a ducks back to PS, so good for them. PS isn't going anywhere, but if people don't think there is impact to losing large tenants they are wrong.
    Macy’s and Pennies might be most likely to be in trouble, because they are in trouble generally. But, there are also some large space tenants which would be candidates which would be new to the market. The demographics at PS are desirable.

Macy’s and Pennies might be most likely to be in trouble, because they are in trouble generally. But, there are also some large space tenants which would be candidates which would be new to the market. The demographics at PS are desirable.
    Best chance for a Nordstrom would be them taking over 1 of those 2 spots. I doubt they would build new in OKC (nowhere for them to, really). They would kill in OKC (I know quite a few people go to DFW or buy online here, myself included).

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Best chance for a Nordstrom would be them taking over 1 of those 2 spots. I doubt they would build new in OKC (nowhere for them to, really). They would kill in OKC (I know quite a few people go to DFW or buy online here, myself included).
    I would like to see a Nordstrom and some other retailers open up down on Park Avenue in DT. Just having more shopping around DT so I don't have to drive to different places during holiday shopping would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I would like to see a Nordstrom and some other retailers open up down on Park Avenue in DT. Just having more shopping around DT so I don't have to drive to different places during holiday shopping would be nice.
    DT shopping everywhere is dying, for the most part. It would be great, but most cities are having large exoduses of retail like that from their DT (or have already had it, as they are not building in DTs anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    DT shopping everywhere is dying, for the most part. It would be great, but most cities are having large exoduses of retail like that from their DT (or have already had it, as they are not building in DTs anymore).
    not true at all in LA and SLC.

Thread Information