Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mounting TV outdoors on brick?

1. Default Re: Mounting TV outdoors on brick?

You planning on putting it in a cabinet? If not, how are you planning on keeping insects out of the TV? I've considered mounting a TV on my patio, but we have mud daubers like crazy and I'm sure a TV with vent slots would end up as a nesting spot. Even with a cabinet, I wonder if it'd be enough to keep them out. They're persistent little buggers.

2. Default Re: Mounting TV outdoors on brick?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    You planning on putting it in a cabinet? If not, how are you planning on keeping insects out of the TV? I've considered mounting a TV on my patio, but we have mud daubers like crazy and I'm sure a TV with vent slots would end up as a nesting spot. Even with a cabinet, I wonder if it'd be enough to keep them out. They're persistent little buggers.
    We've had TV's mounted outside for over 15 years at two different homes. Never been an issue. When we are not using the TV, we keep a soft cover over it. Some zip and some velcro. Nothing has ever gotten inside and bothered the TV. My neighbor has a huge TV mounted outside and he doesn't even bother to cover it - still never had an issue.

Default Re: Mounting TV outdoors on brick?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    I am not putting it in a cabinet. I have seen some tv covers on Amazon. Kind of like a cover for a gas grill lol.

Thread Information