Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: General Weather Discussion - August 2019

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - August 2019

I went with my dogs into the backyard last night and it looked like a strobe light against a wall facing north.

It took me a while to realize it was just constant lightning that was still too far away to hear thunder.

One of the strangest things I've ever seen.

Fortunately, both my dogs are completely chill about thunder. It was like bombs going off over my house for a while and there was a lightning strike in the park directly behind me.

Im surprised I still have power. As the storm rolled thru, I had about 5 power flashes and I could hear the transformer popping right outside my bedroom window. Definitely one of the crazier storms we've had...

That was no storm that was an inland Hurricane. #wow

Incredible how many traffic lights are still out nearly a full day after the storm. And not just in a localized area, either - across a good portion of the entire metro.

Stillwater lucked out Monday and got spared from a bad storm. The instability first broke through the cap in Noble County to the northwest of Stillwater, A severe thunderstorm warning was issued that included NW Payne County, but not Stillwater. But stormy northwest skies turned a pale gold and the storm arrived in Stillwater as a shower without much wind. Meanwhile, to the west, a very strong storm developed in Logan County and maintained its strength as it moved south through Oklahoma County. Amazing what the weather does and doesn't do.

Fantastic weather for the next few days. Some rain chances coming back into the picture around Thursday through Saturday, best chances being Friday evening.

Hurricane approaching from the Atlantic will likely impact FL. A small chance of a separate tropical system developing in the SW GOM during this same time. Regardless of if it develops into something or not, the moisture remnants from it will likely be shredded over Mexico and affects could be felt here in the southern plains.

Our Friday storms are ongoing across KS tonight. These will form into (maybe several) large MCSes and move SE. Right now for C OK, main impact looks to be morning hours if storms extend this far west. Models are forecasting areas just NE of OKC to be the best chance for storm impact. Main threat will be damaging winds with initial gust front and heavy rain thereafter. For OKC, this threat will approach from the north if it makes it here.

Rain and storms are descending upon C OK right now. Should be a nice rain this morning.

Really good soaker at my house; close to an inch already.

10. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - August 2019

Huge flood in Norman. Really came down fast and sustained for an hour and half. Time to make sure my sprinklers are turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Huge flood in Norman. Really came down fast and sustained for an hour and half. Time to make sure my sprinklers are turned off.
    You're gonna look reeeeaaaaaal weird in OKC having your sprinklers turned off when its raining.

Death ridge returns this week!!!!! Sadly its days will be numbered once September passes. That makes me sad.

Blog Entries

I hope the death ridge DIES!

The September weather thread has started.

Thread Information