BRT typically does have reduced number of stops.

I'd place BRT in the heirarchy as follows, most stops to least:

local bus -> streetcar/tram -> BRT -> light rail -> metro/subway -> Commuter Bus -> Commuter Rail -> Express Bus/Rail

with OKC implementing will have the three modes with the most stops but BRT tends to be a stop every half mile or so, or think of one stop for an entire district. The idea is the bus is rail like, so BRT is very similar to light rail in stops/frequency but obviously will tend to have more given the lower cost.

Oh, and BRT requires dedicated platforms that are significantly different than local bus; again, think of a light rail platform but a bus comes by instead of a train. Finally, typically BRT has tap on/off at the station platform.

In congested areas, BRT will have dedicated lanes. I don't think OKC really needs dedicated lanes other than maybe along Classen. There will be dedicated lanes to/from platforms, this is usually sufficient for an OKC style BRT (and much less expensive to implement, meaning MORE miles/longer route).

This is all to help expedite the trip, like riding a light rail train.

I totally agree with you about the bike lanes, your vision is exactly how I envision Classen, not so much NW Expressway though as you'd really want grade separated bike lanes there.