Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MidFirst Business News

Default MidFirst Business News

Bought an Atlanta financial institution but it says they will keep their HQ in Georgia:

Presidential Financial sold to MidFirst Bank - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Default Re: MidFirst Business News

MidFirst has had a large contingent of staff flying to and from Denver to complete the transition for the Steele Street locations. They will fly under the MidFirst flag and it makes me curious to the possibilities of future expansion in that market.

Quote Originally Posted by maverickbroncho View Post
    MidFirst has had a large contingent of staff flying to and from Denver to complete the transition for the Steele Street locations. They will fly under the MidFirst flag and it makes me curious to the possibilities of future expansion in that market.
    I would look for them to expand just as they did in the Arizona market.

Lord Helmet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Saw my first Midfirst here in Denver just last week. Would have been nice to have 5 years ago when I moved here and had to switch from Midfirst to a different bank.

Does anyone here use Midfirst?

Considering opening a secondary bank account (in addition to my TFCU account), I've been browsing a lot of banks and the fee schedules for all of them seem similar. If I'm going to pay fees I rather use an Oklahoma City based company. They have a few branches in Denver, so I can still physically talk to a banker and conduct business that requires in person assistance.

Any major cons or complaints to using them?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post

Considering opening a secondary bank account (in addition to my TFCU account), I've been browsing a lot of banks and the fee schedules for all of them seem similar. If I'm going to pay fees I rather use an Oklahoma City based company. They have a few branches in Denver, so I can still physically talk to a banker and conduct business that requires in person assistance.

I've had MidFirst accounts for years. No complaints for me

Work for them. We purchased Steele Street Bank a year and a half ago, so you would be able to work with our people in Denver while still having accessibility to everything MidFirst offers nation wide.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Work for them. We purchased Steele Street Bank a year and a half ago, so you would be able to work with our people in Denver while still having accessibility to everything MidFirst offers nation wide.

Thanks, I think I will open an account then. TFCU gives me pretty great nationwide service through their Co-Op shared branch service, but there's some things you need to handle in person and having some of my funds with MidFirst would allow that as I am only in OKC once a month or so. Plus the ability to support a local business from afar is important to me. My Sonic trips have increased ten fold as that's the only way I can buy local, out of state (other than my dealings with TFCU). MidFirst is another opportunity.

Excellent choice.

Best customer service I have dealt with in a bank. Even when I didn't have an account there and just needed information for my clients they bent over backwards to help. I now have 3 accounts with them. I use the branch on 8th and Lincoln by the Blood bank. Kristen is awesome.

Thanks, I think I will open an account then. TFCU gives me pretty great nationwide service through their Co-Op shared branch service, but there's some things you need to handle in person and having some of my funds with MidFirst would allow that as I am only in OKC once a month or so. Plus the ability to support a local business from afar is important to me. My Sonic trips have increased ten fold as that's the only way I can buy local, out of state (other than my dealings with TFCU). MidFirst is another opportunity.
    Don't leave TFCU, though! (I work there)

15. Default Re: MidFirst Business News

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I'd like to get into TFCU but it doesn't look like I meet the requirements to enter. Tell me the secrets!

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I'll never leave TFCU. They have been and continue to be the best bank (CU) I have used. I've also been a member there since 2001. Of course at that age I didn't even know I was a member. They've treated me very well. My only gripe is the mobile app. Even the brand new release -- seems to always have random hang ups where it will never connect despite any other app I use connecting to the web flawlessly. The little wheel just keeps spinning until I close the app.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I'd like to get into TFCU but it doesn't look like I meet the requirements to enter. Tell me the secrets!
    All you have to do if you don't meet the standard requirements is donate $10 to some charity that they specify. That's how I joined but I don't remember giving them the $10. Regardless, I'm now a "member of the Tinker Credit Union. Just call this number. "* If you are not sure if you are a member of one of the Charter Organizations, please call the Member Service Center at (405) 319-2255 or 1-800-456-4828, ext. 2255."
    C. T.

Only noticed later that when I was photographing the I-235 & I-44 work, the Midfirst HQ had a banner up celebrating Russ's MVP:

20. Default Re: MidFirst Business News

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Only noticed later that when I was photographing the I-235 & I-44 work, the Midfirst HQ had a banner up celebrating Russ's MVP:

I saw that on Facebook but I never know what to do with things I see on there.

It would be nice if Mid First would build a Tower downtown to add to the skyline. I would even open up an account with them. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    It would be nice if Mid First would build a Tower downtown to add to the skyline. I would even open up an account with them. Lol
    They bought a bunch of the old neighboring Chesapeake buildings and land for pennies on the dollar. so they aren't going anywhere.

I think it should also be noted that Midfirst is doing a major remodel of the corporate tower at 501 NW Grand. Currently floors one and two are being worked on and should of be done by the end of the year. Then they will start on three and four and then five and six. It's supposed to take about two more years. That shows they are committed to that location for the long haul.

^^^ Yep, they took everything down to the studs and are doing a complete overhaul, reconfiguring the layout and giving the whole office a much more modern feel similar to what they have done in Arizona.

I need to go see it when finished.. I worked in the branch on the first floor of that building for years in the 90's.

Thread Information