Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meridian Lanes on Sw 29th and Meridian

Default Meridian Lanes on Sw 29th and Meridian

Meridian Lanes on SW 29th and Meridian has announced that they have sold to 7-11 and will be closing Sept 1.

Meridian Lanes is a Family owned Business that is/was the busiest Bowling alley with the most leagues in the OKC metro Area.

I wonder what 7-11 plans on doing with that much property since they already have a Older style store on the corner already?

Maybe a new Huge store. Maybe a new Corporate Office. Maybe Both ?

Default Re: Meridian Lanes on Sw 29th and Meridian

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
    Meridian Lanes on SW 29th and Meridian has announced that they have sold to 7-11 and will be closing Sept 1.

Meridian Lanes is a Family owned Business that is/was the busiest Bowling alley with the most leagues in the OKC metro Area.

I wonder what 7-11 plans on doing with that much property since they already have a Older style store on the corner already?

Maybe a new Huge store. Maybe a new Corporate Office. Maybe Both ?
    Probably a new store and they will sale the rest of the land they don't use.

Yep, they have already done this at other locations, where they build one of their new concepts stores on adjacent land then tear down the old store once the new one is complete.

SW 89th and May is an example:

I was wondering the last time I was there if the car wash is owned by 7/11. They have an entrance from 7/11 and you can buy a code for a wash at the gas pump when filling up. They also advertise for the washes at the pumps as an add on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I was wondering the last time I was there if the car wash is owned by 7/11. They have an entrance from 7/11 and you can buy a code for a wash at the gas pump when filling up. They also advertise for the washes at the pumps as an add on sale.
    It looks like that Rapid Wash at SW 89th & May is owned by others.

Must have some sort of deal with 7/11.

The oncue on Memorial and Western has a similar deal with the Turbo Express car wash. You can buy a carwash when you pay for your gas.

The Oncue in Mustang sells carwashes at the Okie express down the street.

Blog Entries

7/11 HQ is not very far from here and they've been wanting to move/rebuild for awhile but various things keep falling through. Could this end up being a future HQ site?

Could this be why they sold the land at i-40 and MacArthur to Wendy. Scrap that project and build a superstore here instead?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    7/11 HQ is not very far from here and they've been wanting to move/rebuild for awhile but various things keep falling through. Could this end up being a future HQ site?
    Seems like they need all their capital funding focused on new stores or upgrades to keep up with Oncue. I heard from an IT worker that they still do end of day reports by having a district manager driving around and grabbing receipt printouts from stores or writing things down on empty cigarette cartons. They are seriously behind in other areas of IT also.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Seems like they need all their capital funding focused on new stores or upgrades to keep up with Oncue. I heard from an IT worker that they still do end of day reports by having a district manager driving around and grabbing receipt printouts from stores or writing things down on empty cigarette cartons. They are seriously behind in other areas of IT also.
    I would say there is no way this could be true, but if you go into any store that wasn't completely rebuilt in the last few years, it's pretty easy to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Could this be why they sold the land at i-40 and MacArthur to Wendy. Scrap that project and build a superstore here instead?
    They didn't sell to Wendy's, the land owned by 7-11 is a little ways South of where Wendy's is going.

Quote Originally Posted by dford2 View Post
    They didn't sell to Wendy's, the land owned by 7-11 is a little ways South of where Wendy's is going.
    Wendy's is building on land owned -- at least for now -- by 7/11.

The entire property is only a half of an acre, leaving a remainder far too small for a 7/11.

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...11#post1081211

The bowling alley must've gotten an offer they couldn't refuse. They desperately needed to update but they were still busy. It sucks they're closing.

This is actually a great spot for a big, new 7-11 with the airport right down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Wendy's is building on land owned -- at least for now -- by 7/11.

The entire property is only a half of an acre, leaving a remainder far too small for a 7/11.

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...11#post1081211
    There is the Wendy then there is a sign that says for sale on the piece of land next to it then on the land to the south it says coming soon 7-11 then another sign that say property for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    There is the Wendy then there is a sign that says for sale on the piece of land next to it then on the land to the south it says coming soon 7-11 then another sign that say property for sale.
    Sounds like 7-11 needs to take down their sign. 7-11 is in panic building mode right now. Trying to quickly build as many replacement new stores as they can to stay competitive.

17. Default Re: Meridian Lanes on Sw 29th and Meridian

I drive by the Wendy’s / 7-11 lots. Almost daily. If my memory is right Wendy’s is being built on the north side of the road going to At Home. The 7-11 sign is on the south side of said road.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I drive by the Wendy’s / 7-11 lots. Almost daily. If my memory is right Wendy’s is being built on the north side of the road going to At Home. The 7-11 sign is on the south side of said road.
    You are correct, the 7-11 is still going to be built, construction is scheduled to start within the next 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by dford2 View Post
    You are correct, the 7-11 is still going to be built, construction is scheduled to start within the next 30 days.
    This is very strange.

7/11 owns the land where Wendy's is going but doesn't own the land to the south.

20. Default Re: Meridian Lanes on Sw 29th and Meridian

Also kinda different for a 7/11 to be that far from a major intersection. A few of the old ones were but not the new ones.

There's no land in that area to put a 7 11, they'll still have access to the light, and I think it's a better location then the one I think it's replacing on 29th

22. Default Re: Meridian Lanes on Sw 29th and Meridian

Quote Originally Posted by JDSooners View Post
    There's no land in that area to put a 7 11, they'll still have access to the light, and I think it's a better location then the one I think it's replacing on 29th
    All true. I just went by there on the way to work. There’s quite a bit more space where 7/11 is going than there is where Wendy’s will be. Could have something to do with the placement.

I come off the I-40 service road every day as well. The Wendy's is going on the south side of the road into At Home. The 7-Eleven sign is just south of that parcel. Like Pete said, 7-Eleven owns the Wendy's lot, but they don't own the lot their sign is on. It's odd. While that wouldn't put it on a corner, that entire stretch is so insanely busy at rush hour that they would still do well.

I can't say that the service road stop light/intersection will be doing well once that's all built.

Someone came into where i worked today wearing a 7-11 polo shirt. Not sure what it said on it but he wasn't a "regular worker" He says he works on the installs. He said the one on 23 and council is next to be done then the one in Moore. I asked him about the bowling alley and MacArthur. He said the plan is for the headquarters to go where the bowling alley is and building a store at 1-40 and MacArthur. I said they sold they land to Wendys he said no they are building on the other land where that big sign is that says 7-11 coming soon.

Blog Entries

Hey I guessed right about the HQ maybe :-)

We'll see though.

Thread Information