Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BBQ - Where to Go

Blog Entries

Default Re: BBQ - Where to Go

Try Jo Bawbs. Really good brisket and burnt ends. But when they’re out, they are out, so go early.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    I tried this place today. If you're thinking about going there do yourself a favor and go a mile west to Cornish Smokehouse. A little pricier, but much, much better.
    You tried it today (04-28-2021 - Wednesday), you couldn't have they are only open on the weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sunday). The past weekend they were open April F-23, S-24 & S-25. Don't know where you went but you're weren't at the Cash Savers in Moore.

Again, they are located inside Cash Saver Grocery in Moore on N. W. 12th & Santa Fe.

3. Default Re: BBQ - Where to Go

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    You tried it today (04-28-2021 - Wednesday), you couldn't have they are only open on the weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sunday). The past weekend they were open April F-23, S-24 & S-25. Don't know where you went but you're weren't at the Cash Savers in Moore.

Again, they are located inside Cash Saver Grocery in Moore on N. W. 12th & Santa Fe.
    If Cash Savers is the old GFF on the SW corner of 12th & Santa Fe then that is absolutely where I was. Maybe some one else who makes really mediocre BBQ comes in the rest of the week. I tried the brisket (chopped and sliced) and the ribs. All were overcooked and dry.

Blog Entries

If Cash Savers is the old GFF on the SW corner of 12th & Santa Fe then that is absolutely where I was. Maybe some one else who makes really mediocre BBQ comes in the rest of the week. I tried the brisket (chopped and sliced) and the ribs. All were overcooked and dry.
    That's the place; however no one takes over during the week because they are closed M-T-W-T and BBQ ribs or sandwiches aren't available. I can say that I have never visited the store on a Monday thru Thursday.

Correction: I called the number 405-799-8418 at 12:58p today and to my surprise they are open during the week. My sincere apologies to you catcherinthewry.

5. Default Re: BBQ - Where to Go

Correction: I called the number 405-799-8418 at 12:58p today and to my surprise they are open during the week. My sincere apologies to you catcherinthewry.
    I almost interjected that I lived right down the street for 9 years and they had always been open 7 days a week but I moved in January and thought maybe they had to change their hours after I left....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I almost interjected that I lived right down the street for 9 years and they had always been open 7 days a week but I moved in January and thought maybe they had to change their hours after I left....
    To think, I have waited for the weekends to go to L & C BBQ. Also, I try to get there early when they open at 11 a.m., when the meat is hot off the grill.

BBQ places have been known to occasionally serve a product that isn't as fresh as it could be.

My experience working at a BBQ restaurant was back when Big Beef Barbecue was open in the current Jimmy's Egg on the Classen Circle. Wylie & Bonnie York were the owners when they built their new building from ground up back in 1973, Big Beef was originally part of the Little Pigs of America chain (Memphis, TN).

I remember the out-of-town traffic off Rt. 66 we use to get. Never will forget the all-girls bike group riding their cycles and choppers from Las Vegas. Some really rough looking characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Try Jo Bawbs. Really good brisket and burnt ends. But when they’re out, they are out, so go early.
    I tell everyone to go to Jo-bawbs. the pulled pork and ribs are also great.

8. Default Re: BBQ - Where to Go

No worries, but if you go to Cornish order sliced brisket and let me know what you think.

No worries, but if you go to Cornish order sliced brisket and let me know what you think.
    Catcher,
    Not sure what you are looking for but I ordered sliced brisket as well as ribs and I was not thrilled with the super thick brisket. I enjoyed the ribs but the brisket didn't do anything for me. Not a knock on them, they are pretty good, but I would stick with the ribs.
    C. T.

Blog Entries

Will do. Got to look over their website and if the food is as pictured; willing and ready to pay extra. Also couldn't avoid noticing the multicultural customer base--really tells you all you need to know about a smoke-house BBQ venue. Will make a special trip for May weekends for Cinco de Mayo or Mother's Day, Thanks.

Nowhere in Texas according to trip advisor lol

https://www.mysanantonio.com/food/re....co/1shoYhxQQ9

Though, Oklahoma City was second on the list in question behind. . .New Orleans?

Always have rated that legendary Virginia Beach BBQ, happy to see it finally getting some recognition LOL

Thread Information