Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48
  1. #26

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Chicken N Pickle filed for their building permit.

    Hopefully we'll see construction start towards the end of the year.

  2. #27

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    CnP also recently bought their property.

    Just over 3 acres for $1.38 million.

  3. #28

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    CnP just filed their building permit applications so should see work starting in a month or so.

  4. #29

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    They have started construction:








  5. #30

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    I always wanted to play pickleball in a massive parking lot.

  6. #31

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    I always wanted to play pickleball in a massive parking lot.
    Keep in mind the city requires most that parking by code.

    That isn't the only factor at work here, but it's a big one.

  7. #32

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    I think the problem (I see it as a problem) is that the City ordinances require a disproportionately large amount of parking. Given that this development was zoned using a PUD they could have argued the quantity of parking down, especially with so many potentially overlapping functions (e.g. office parking lots empty on evenings and weekends when bars/restaurants most busy). If there was a will to make this development anything other than a sea of surface parking, they could have done it.

  8. #33

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    I think the problem (I see it as a problem) is that the City ordinances require a disproportionately large amount of parking. Given that this development was zoned using a PUD they could have argued the quantity of parking down, especially with so many potentially overlapping functions (e.g. office parking lots empty on evenings and weekends when bars/restaurants most busy). If there was a will to make this development anything other than a sea of surface parking, they could have done it.
    I don't disagree.

    But we really need to revise our parking codes and I know this has been discussed for some time.

  9. #34

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    The photos are from the Wichita location, designed by the same architectural firm doing OKC:
































  10. #35

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Sadly this place will probably fail, since the coronavirus has everybody scared. This State and many others will never be the same.

  11. #36

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    It may fail, but if you’re going to go to a social place in the next year, it should be one with a lot of outdoor space. They have that going for them. But, yeah, it’ll likely be rough.

  12. #37

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle


  13. #38

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    Sadly this place will probably fail, since the coronavirus has everybody scared. This State and many others will never be the same.
    People are begging for things to do. Have you seen the number of people out at lake hefner. People arenít just sitting at home.
    Once this opens it will do great.

  14. #39

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    People are begging for things to do. Have you seen the number of people out at lake hefner. People arenít just sitting at home.
    Once this opens it will do great.
    I for one welcome this development east of the highway. Pretty close to Nichols Hills and pretty close to Edmond. Those are prime pickleball players if you ask me.

  15. #40

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    People are begging for things to do. Have you seen the number of people out at lake hefner. People aren’t just sitting at home.
    Once this opens it will do great.
    Can they open at an occupancy rate where they can break even is the better question. At least they are not sitting on a finished building like Flix Brewhouse next door. Luckily they still have awhile before they even finish construction.

  16. #41

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Can they open at an occupancy rate where they can break even is the better question. At least they are not sitting on a finished building like Flix Brewhouse next door. Luckily they still have awhile before they even finish construction.
    They arenít opening for a while. I think they will be fine. If the number of people are fine being at Loweís or Home Depot Or TLC to buy flowers in the masses during all this, there will be plenty of people going to the venue.

  17. #42

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle


  18. #43

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle


    Wichita, Kansas

    If it's successful in Wichita, it should give us a better perspective of how it will work in OKC.

  19. #44

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    I've heard multiple times (not sure the source) that Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the country. It's extremely popular with the retirement crowd, but catching on quickly with younger people as well. Over 600 members of the OKC area association.
    How is it that Pickleball is such a hot fad, yet badminton never gets its due? Why isn't it the sport for retirees? Fear of the shuttlecock?
    Seriously, I grew up in SoCal in the 70s and badminton was the thing, even among tennis players. It was an Olympic sport.
    But I do hope this venue does well. I'm all for anything that encourages physical activity.

  20. #45

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    How is it that Pickleball is such a hot fad, yet badminton never gets its due? Why isn't it the sport for retirees? Fear of the shuttlecock?
    Seriously, I grew up in SoCal in the 70s and badminton was the thing, even among tennis players. It was an Olympic sport.
    But I do hope this venue does well. I'm all for anything that encourages physical activity.
    We also had a badminton set-up as a kid, in New Jersey in the 1980's. Never see it anymore. I didn't even know what pickle ball was until last year.

  21. #46

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastGator View Post
    We also had a badminton set-up as a kid, in New Jersey in the 1980's. Never see it anymore. I didn't even know what pickle ball was until last year.
    "Piney"?

  22. #47

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle





  23. #48

    Default Re: Chicken N Pickle

    Taking shape!!!! Definitely will visit once it's up and running.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. BoBo's Chicken
    By amaesquire in forum Restaurants & Bars
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-19-2019, 05:27 PM
  2. PDQ Chicken
    By Pete in forum Restaurants & Bars
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-14-2019, 05:43 PM
  3. Chicken
    By rondvu in forum Nostalgia & Memories
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 01:51 PM
  4. Ann's Chicken Fry
    By metro in forum Restaurants & Bars
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 02:48 PM
  5. boo boo the chicken
    By fromdust in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 06:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO